Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Good-Deed Doers

Back to Guilds

A guild who loves to help others, and make a better Gaia for us all! 

Tags: helping, good deeds, helpers, items, gold 

Reply Hall of Fame
Funds for the guild contests.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:15 pm
Ok you all. When I first opened the guild I had 64k, thanks to donations I now have 88k. Thank you all the help.

Anyway. Here's my plan. I am wanting to try to keep at least 100k in funds for contests.

My goal in the future once the thread gets more popular is to give out 100k every 2 weeks. I know that's a lot, but that's what I'm hoping for.

Sadly, we don't have enough donors yet to do that.

Do any of you have any ideas as to how we can get more gold coming to the guild? Any ideas are very helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 pm
Well, if anyone is in to Gaia Cash, one of us could possibly volunteer to buy 1 or 2 Evolving Items and then sell them when they are half-way done evolving (because that is when they are worth the most.) That way we could easily have 500k with each evolving item. 3nodding
We could find some donors.
We could go find and talk to some Charities and ask if one or several would sponsor us.
We could find an exchanger (one that is better than me, of course) who might be willing to donate to us?
If there is 5 or more of us, if we all donate 20k a month, we could pull it off.
But, that is a lot of gold...
These are all just ideas, by the way.

VampireDraculina

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Silver Nox

Friendly Fatcat

15,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 pm
Hopefully when we get more people, there will be more people who will be able to donate.
One way might be to have contests with entrance fees. that might get us more gold.
How do you want to be giving away the large amount of gold? like in a raffle or just in random contests?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am
Silver Nox
Hopefully when we get more people, there will be more people who will be able to donate.
One way might be to have contests with entrance fees. that might get us more gold.
How do you want to be giving away the large amount of gold? like in a raffle or just in random contests?
About 10k a week on raffle, and the rest on random contest. Or even radom give aways too.  

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:14 am
VampireDraculina
Well, if anyone is in to Gaia Cash, one of us could possibly volunteer to buy 1 or 2 Evolving Items and then sell them when they are half-way done evolving (because that is when they are worth the most.) That way we could easily have 500k with each evolving item. 3nodding
We could find some donors.
We could go find and talk to some Charities and ask if one or several would sponsor us.
We could find an exchanger (one that is better than me, of course) who might be willing to donate to us?
If there is 5 or more of us, if we all donate 20k a month, we could pull it off.
But, that is a lot of gold...
These are all just ideas, by the way.
I have never been lucky to get donations from charities. I do think we could host like avi contests, and things like that to make a little gold for the guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:00 am
When I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,

If you make entry fees, I think it's important to say that the gold will go towards the guild, so that people are more willing to pay it.
I think seeing if we could get some sponsorship is a great idea.
I'll see about this sometime soon, actually! I might know a few people who would be willing to donate some golds to us.

The Gaia Cash idea is a good one, but I can't help with this at all.
I have 5 bucks to my name XD sorry about that

And I said, "Heart-ache Healer, Secret-keeper
be my Best Friend" and You said, "I Am."

ankiannabar
Crew

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Laroka
Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:46 pm
ankiannabar
When I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call You by name,

If you make entry fees, I think it's important to say that the gold will go towards the guild, so that people are more willing to pay it.
I think seeing if we could get some sponsorship is a great idea.
I'll see about this sometime soon, actually! I might know a few people who would be willing to donate some golds to us.

The Gaia Cash idea is a good one, but I can't help with this at all.
I have 5 bucks to my name XD sorry about that

And I said, "Heart-ache Healer, Secret-keeper
be my Best Friend" and You said, "I Am."
I might be able to buy a couple each month depending on if I get good hours...Some time work is slow. This winter I know it will be. I work a Dairy Queen, and well icecream doesn't sell well in the winter hehe. I might be working for my college soon though. So I'll see what happens.  
Hall of Fame

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games