Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What?
  Yes
View Results

Ythan II

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:29 pm
I run a big guild. Have for years. So, tips.

Don't make subforums. You can't get rid of them and you will regret it.

More as I think of them!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:26 pm
Sub-forums can be renamed and changed and with a guild with so many members like this one here, the guild account hardly suffers at all and when deciding to sell a guild people look for ones with already multiple sub-forums. Also Sub-forums are a great way to enhance guild participation and this is coming from a 2006Gaia vet and a man who too owns a guild of his own....Captain please don't take our sub-forums as I said they work very well for their purposes  

South African Breed

Ythan II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:35 pm
Obviously you have to maintain the subforums you already have or it will just look trashy. But don't ever make more, all they do is let unpopular threads live way past their allotted time in a place where most people won't see them.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 pm
I do agree, thanks for your suggestions.
I've owned 40 guilds over the years and all sub forums do are lead to inactivity.  

The King General
Vice Captain

Ythan II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 pm
For the ones you already have, here's something I've found works quite well. Allow all threads to be made in the main forum, then move them to the subs after some determined point. Like after they drop off page one. Gives mods something to do too, otherwise in most guilds having more than two or three mods total is pretty useless.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:01 pm
Ythan II
For the ones you already have, here's something I've found works quite well. Allow all threads to be made in the main forum, then move them to the subs after some determined point. Like after they drop off page one. Gives mods something to do too, otherwise in most guilds having more than two or three mods total is pretty useless.

Hmm thanks, i've never thought of doing that before.
I'd usually move them instantly if they were in the wrong sub forum.  

The King General
Vice Captain

Ythan II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm
Two effects come to mind. Less activity in the main forum, less activity in the threads. Lots of really short dead threads in the subforums.  
Suggestions / Opinions / Violent Reactions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games