Back to Guilds

Tags: Halo, Gaming, Games, Video Games 

Reply General Halo Discussion
Halo: Reach- TIME TO SPECULATE!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Halo going to turn out as another Final Fintasy franchise, where a FINAL Fantasy doesn't exist? Or will they know when to stop?
  Halo is never gonna end! Oorah!
  It might be good now, but if they don't end it when it's time comes...
  I don't really care. As long as there are aliens to shoot and marines to betray. 8)
  If they can continuously create in-depth plots and complex characters, I'm all for it.
  DIE HALO DIE!!!
  DIE FINAL FANTASY DIE!!!
View Results

Caedecus

Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 pm
Well, ladies and gentlemen- likely a greater audience of the latter- Halo 3: ODST has been out for a good week or two now. Which means it's old now. Which means we now speculate on the next project by Bungie- Halo: Reach. Now, anyone who has read the Halo books (and what self-respecting nerd in the lot of you wouldn't?) knows exactly what the outcome of the game is going to be. But in the trailer, we see four silhouettes of what don't appear to be Spartans- at least, not with their armour on. So who are these mysterious new characters? Could it possibly be a younger version of John, his two squadmates, and a mysterious stranger? If so, who is this mysterious stranger? Or perhaps we will take a more ODST approach and assume they are marines. Are they brand new characters? Or possibly Keyes and Johnson? And will the Covenant play a role the way they did in Halo 2? Will this likely lead to more spin-offs, like Halo: Harvest? But, the biggest question of all, the one we all want to know: what epic new weapons await us?!

So, without further ado, I wish to hand the mic over to our multiple speculating fans. Fans, you may begin speculation!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm
I havn't read the books, I only know what the games tell us.  

Kujiii

Lonely Explorer

Caedecus

Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 pm
elementfayte
I havn't read the books, I only know what the games tell us.

(Lasers) And you call yourself a Halo fan in earnest?! (fires a MAC at element)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 pm
I want to know the exact same thing. I wonder who those people are too. I think it would be really cool if it was Keyes and Johnson. I would like to play in their shoes. Though, playing as a young version of John would be pretty awesome too.

I don't know what kind of weapon they'll throw at us this time, but it is a question I would really like to have answered. I can't wait until they let out more information for us to read about.

xBATDADx

Caedecus

Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 am
First of all gamer, allow me to say your obsession with V has not gone unnoticed. I, too, am an extreme V for Vendetta fan; hell, I have the entire movie memorized word for word, heh heh! Anyway, yes, it would be an interesting experience to play as a younger John. But one thing I would absolutely love Bungie for would be if they included some wildlife in one of their games, as was the original concept for Halo. Or at least add some Huragok.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:13 pm
"Are you like a crazy person?"

Haha. V for Vendetta is my favorite movie and always will be. I'm a very big fan, though I can't say I have word for word memorized. I do though have quite a few parts I know by heart. My favorite quotes, I guess you can say.
I like to Cosplay on Gaia. I was ODST, but as you can see, I switched to V. I watched the movie a few days back with my Girlfriend, showing her it, because she hasn't seen the movie before and she made him on Tektek for me. She's good with making avatars, but I myself, am not. Though I did make the ODST.
But yes, I would absolutely love if they added some of the wildlife to their next game. They don't even have to be enemies or anything. They could just wonder around the world and maybe have it to where if you attack them, they'll fight back or something. Just to make the Fanboys happy. Or for those who knew there were wildlife. xD

"I am quite sure they will say so."

xBATDADx

Dischord

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:48 pm
I'm betting hoping that we'll likely see more of SgtMaj Avery J. Johnson.

I do like the fact that we heard a female voice in the Reach trailer. I would be incredibly pleased if there was a female main character who wasn't Cortana, but an actual Spartan. I don't count Dare, because she wasn't really a main character, just an ONI Spook who runs around with you for a single mission, and I don't count Cortana, because she was an AI unit.

We very clearly in the Reach trailer hear a female voice stating 'This is Sierra three-two-zero, prepped for combat insertion.' Based on this, we can guess that this is either a female Spartan, or, alternatively, as suggested on Halopedia, a Pelican dropship designation. Considering that Master Chief was referred to as Sierra 117, I'm leaning more heavily toward the 'Spartan' theory.

I haven't read The Fall of Reach yet, my book arrives next month at some point (I only own Contact Harvest, currently), but I'll likely have a more educated guess/speculative theories once I read it.

I hope with sincerity that they give you an opportunity to see things from the Covenant side of things, as they did in Halo 2. I enjoyed playing as the Arbiter, and it gave us greater insight into the 'darker' side of the Halo universe, I suppose one could say. There is a lot that could be done with walking the other side of the fence. And it gives the franchise more of an opportunity to branch out.

As far as a Halo: Harvest spinoff, I do actually wish they'd set it up as the next pending game, though I suppose any book to game translation would do, since the games went from going forward, to going backwards. Besides, Johnson would likely be the main character of a Halo: Harvest spinoff, and after the events of Halo 3 (phrased so as to not ruin it for anyone who hasn't played the game, and really, shouldn't you have played it by now?), I'd like to see them go more in-depth on his history, and how he lived. Besides, we'd get to see more Huragok, well, at least one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 pm
iUltimate G a m e r
I want to know the exact same thing. I wonder who those people are too. I think it would be really cool if it was Keyes and Johnson. I would like to play in their shoes. Though, playing as a young version of John would be pretty awesome too.

I don't know what kind of weapon they'll throw at us this time, but it is a question I would really like to have answered. I can't wait until they let out more information for us to read about.
Well when the Battle of Reach occurs the year is 2552 so John would still be the same age he was when he was on Halo oh and Johnson would still be 83 god damn thats one tough old marine  

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 pm
Dischord
I'm betting hoping that we'll likely see more of SgtMaj Avery J. Johnson.

I do like the fact that we heard a female voice in the Reach trailer. I would be incredibly pleased if there was a female main character who wasn't Cortana, but an actual Spartan. I don't count Dare, because she wasn't really a main character, just an ONI Spook who runs around with you for a single mission, and I don't count Cortana, because she was an AI unit.

We very clearly in the Reach trailer hear a female voice stating 'This is Sierra three-two-zero, prepped for combat insertion.' Based on this, we can guess that this is either a female Spartan, or, alternatively, as suggested on Halopedia, a Pelican dropship designation. Considering that Master Chief was referred to as Sierra 117, I'm leaning more heavily toward the 'Spartan' theory.

I haven't read The Fall of Reach yet, my book arrives next month at some point (I only own Contact Harvest, currently), but I'll likely have a more educated guess/speculative theories once I read it.

I hope with sincerity that they give you an opportunity to see things from the Covenant side of things, as they did in Halo 2. I enjoyed playing as the Arbiter, and it gave us greater insight into the 'darker' side of the Halo universe, I suppose one could say. There is a lot that could be done with walking the other side of the fence. And it gives the franchise more of an opportunity to branch out.

As far as a Halo: Harvest spinoff, I do actually wish they'd set it up as the next pending game, though I suppose any book to game translation would do, since the games went from going forward, to going backwards. Besides, Johnson would likely be the main character of a Halo: Harvest spinoff, and after the events of Halo 3 (phrased so as to not ruin it for anyone who hasn't played the game, and really, shouldn't you have played it by now?), I'd like to see them go more in-depth on his history, and how he lived. Besides, we'd get to see more Huragok, well, at least one of them.
Yeah I agree with the Spartan theory and by the way you'll love Fall of Reach its great Eric Nylund is the best Halo book writer so far the only Halo book I haven't read yet is Cole Protocol cause I CAN'T ******** FIND IT ANYWHERE!!! so it must be good if its always gone. As for Contact Harvest I found the AI and Covenant parts extremely boring unlike Nylund's Covenant stories which were fun and exciting Joe Staten's were just uninteresting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:50 am
I actually liked the Covenant and AI interactions in Contact Harvest, but we probably have different tastes, normally, in reading, so that could be why. xD. As far as Cole Protocol, try checking Amazon.com. They have the book in-stock, pretty inexpensively, too. I've got a copy set in my cart for later purchase, and I think it's only around 6$?  

Dischord

Nerd

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm
Dischord
I actually liked the Covenant and AI interactions in Contact Harvest, but we probably have different tastes, normally, in reading, so that could be why. xD. As far as Cole Protocol, try checking Amazon.com. They have the book in-stock, pretty inexpensively, too. I've got a copy set in my cart for later purchase, and I think it's only around 6$?
I didn't really care how Tartarus or The High Prophets Mercy, Truth, and Regret came to power.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 pm
Like I said, there's a difference there in preference. I was quite interested in the history, all of the history, of the story behind Halo. That's why I'm going to be purchasing the other novels. I want to know more.  

Dischord

Nerd

Kamikaze102

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 am
Dischord
Like I said, there's a difference there in preference. I was quite interested in the history, all of the history, of the story behind Halo. That's why I'm going to be purchasing the other novels. I want to know more.

Huzzah! I'm not alone!

I'm a HUGE Halo nerd, so I've got ALL the novels, the Graphic Novel, even Halo: Helljumper comic -- its short, and a comic, but maan you'll never look at Dutch and Romeo the same way after reading it; and for $3.99 an issue I highly recommend it  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:08 pm
Kamikaze102
Dischord

Huzzah! I'm not alone!

I'm a HUGE Halo nerd, so I've got ALL the novels, the Graphic Novel, even Halo: Helljumper comic -- its short, and a comic, but maan you'll never look at Dutch and Romeo the same way after reading it; and for $3.99 an issue I highly recommend it
Oh I'm a true Halo nerd to I Have almost all the books I'm missing Cole Protocol and the Graphic novel, alas though I am broke at the moment so I can't purchase them or the comics which sucks.  

Cao Sandine

Dangerous Lunatic

General Halo Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas