Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Suggestions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:17 pm
Post suggestions!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 pm
Maybe it needs fresh blood as older members become less active?  

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Captain

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 pm
Eek. Honestly I lost activity mainly just because real life got in the way. I moved 600 miles away for college and am preoccupied by job/pet fees/paying rent/feeding myself. neutral It's a perfectly good guild, I'd say if you could just move more members in like Valiant said it might fare better.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 pm
People are just not active in general. I sort of lost interest when I felt like I was the only one posting.
I'm sure the topics and such are good in the forums of the guild... it's just the lack of posting... There needs to be something into getting people into posting...

Like maybe give prizes to those who post so often or something? Kind of expensive though...  

Roseflare

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200

XxDoiraxX

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm
I'm not active because of school x_X I'll be more active in a week or so...coz that would be the holiday xD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:07 am
Maybe new people, or this might just be a slow moving guild.

The Announcement sent out reminded me that I hadn't visited in a while. I admit that I gradually lost interest and had other prioities.

I agree with Roseflare, in that there probably just needs to be somthing to get people more interested in posting. Maybe a look at the original intent of the Guild will help?

Also I wonder if a thread in the International Forum might help with new members and ideas?

Herb Bread

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:09 am
I'm just not very active in any guild because I'm not very active on Gaia. As a full time student, I'm usually busy behind the books, involved in wushu training, and producing more artwork for the market.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I got in this guild. I think I was invited...so I never really knew what it was about. But when I do have time, I'll try to post as much as I can.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:59 pm
i for one lost interest in the guild. there was a lag in posts for a while and so i kind of stopped checking in. sorry to say it. but i did like the guild it just kind of died and therefore i kind of left it and went on to other things. i think if we get new people and make some new interesting topics then maybe people will become more active. anyways that's my advice.
Cleopatra LV Tempus

cleolvtempus

Thirteenth Celebrator

5,700 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

DaisukeBabi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:04 pm
I..... Just got a computer~ But I don't exactly have the internet so I'd very much still be one of the laggers. For now, all I could think of is that we bring in active members we see around the international forums. Having more members bring in more conversation would keep things at a better pace. If I'm just repeating something someone else has already mention, due ignore me because I'd feel stupid if you make a note of my ignorance. I haven't exactly read much of what people have posted.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:04 pm
Life has been too hectic lately. College, work, house...my college has been going on strike on and off not letting students in -sighs- I barely have time to do anything I please and that break time I DO have I rest if not I think I'd pass out on a corner >.> BUT regardless of my life, it is a great guild, it just needs more people. Variety.  

-Saphi- Yours Truly

Im A Little Pea
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:39 pm
Just like everyone else, I'm less active in here because I just don't spend too much time on the computer. Summer's over and everyone's got much more busy than they were, so that's to be expected.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm
It is true that everyone is busy with their everyday life, people who used to be active don't log in a lot now so I would suggest a new recruit, so that new gaians join and reactivate the guild.  

Sugarpuffiepixie

Shirtless Fairy

8,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items