Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP & AIM]A first chance meeting (Kahd and Baako)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keantha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 am
Kahd grunted faintly as he hauled himself to his feet. Frankly, duty had been rather...boring lately. No rouges trying to sneak in, no slaves trying to sneak out. Sure there were rumbles and whispers of problems in the pride, but to his mind, that really didn't affect him too much.

Nodding to one of the other ushujaa, Kahd hopped from the rock he had been basking on to head into the valley. Without a dhaifu to run task for him, the big male had to go fetch his own meal when hungry. Something that rather annoyed him to be frank. After all, a magnification male such as himself having to fetch and carry? He let out an annoyed grunt but continued on the well worn path that would lead him to the mwindaji hunting grounds.

Baako herself was in the midst of taking on a hunt. A small one, albeit, maybe more of a snack, and she stalked through the grasses her gray back parting the tan sea before her. An opportunity presented itself in the form of a small antelope. She sprung and expertly chased it down before latching onto its throat, its blood staining her green chin, and she looked on it happily, her red eyes bright with her success. She satiated her own hunger before gripping it again to return to the body of the pride and share, and now her head was held high as she trotted forth, limp body in tow, and her only thoughts of who to grant her gift to. Maybe a mwindaji down on their luck, or a new mother. Perhaps even first-come-first-serve. Her mind was empty of much else as she neared the pride.

"Hey you there!" Kahd's ears perked seeing an approaching mwindaji with a fresh kill. Just his luck! A pretty lady just in time to sate his hunger. He flashed her a charming smile as he came closer. She was a good looking lioness, long limbed and graceful, obviously a good hunter.

Baako turned to face the caller, and gently laid to rest the body at her feet. She bobbed her head in acknowledgment of a fellow pride member before answering. "Yes? Can I help you?" She looked him over as he came closer. The lion didn't seem very familiar, he must have a different post than she. She met him with a composed expression, guessing quite easily that he was probably more interested in the meal at her feet than a polite conversation. She sat back on her haunches, prepared to let him have his fill. But not until he earned it. She'd make him sweat first. At her plans, she flashed a grin and curled her tail around her toes.

"Uh..food?" Wasn't that obvious? Why else would he come to the hunting grounds if he didn't want something to eat? He gave her a faintly puzzled look but continued to smile, after all, all females loved his smile! Dropping his eyes to the kill a her feet, he licked his chops before looking back up at her wondering why she was still there. Normally he just picked a kill and they let him have it.

Baako's tail twitched as he answered. He certainly was blunt. To put it nicely. She found it odd that he continued to smile, and she eyed him warily. "Mmhm. I see that. But how do you ask?" Her tone was more playful than her expression, and as though a taunt, she drummed her toes against the ribcage of the beast, producing a hollow sound and a puddle of blood at her feet. She was a stubborn lioness, even if it was over something as petty and small as not handing over a meal without some sort of payment.

Now he was completely confused, his smile falling away as he frowned. She wanted him to ask for her to do her job? No one ever asked him to do -his- job what made her so special? "Isn't it your job to get food for the pride?" Thought his question was rude, he really was confused by her. The others had always seemed happy to be feeding the large males that kept their home safe.

"Isn't it the job of the mzazi to teach you some manners?" She glowered at him, though he was perfectly right, but tossed her head in offense of his coarseness before standing to walk past him. It didn't matter to her that she might come off as bi-polar. As far as Baako was concerned, she was done with this male, and done with her job. She flicked her tail to smack his leg as she brushed past.

He blinked after her, his mouth hanging open. "I wasn't born here." Why he told her that, he had no idea but it was the first words that sprang from his muzzle. Ducking his head he looked at the kill then at her. Was there some protocol he had missed? Something someone born in the tribe would know?

Well, Baako hadn't been either, but she'd learned to be polite, and above that, humble. She tutted and looked over her shoulder before slowly shaking her head. She'd keep that information to herself, but let him worry about it for a little longer. "What's your name anyway, stranger?" She tilted her head, still all without turning back to face him entirely, and shifted her eyes to the kill, somewhat surprised and mostly amused he'd not sprung upon it with the first chance she'd given him.

"uh Kahd." He gave her that smile again, but it was probably clear by now that he wasn't the smartest cookie around. He glanced at the kill again then her, sitting back on his haunches. "Did I mess up? Cause I mean no one ever said anything before. They just leave the food and go away."

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 pm
Baako gave him a quaint smile, "Charmed, I'm sure. And no, Kahd, you didn't mess up, you're just rude is all." All that the lioness wanted was some manners from the male, and from the air he was giving off, she might have to spell it out for him.

"I was actually planning on eating some myself. You know, I can't make kills without fuel, and this is my fuel." She motioned to the carcass. "If you ask nicely, I'll share." Her red eyes looked at him patiently, hoping he'd take the hint.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:56 pm
He frowned, ears flicking irritably couldn't he do anything right? He tilted his head studying the female before him, no girl have EVER told him he was rude. "Well isn't your job to catch food and bring it to us, as it is our job to protect the valley so that all you have to do is focus on hunting?"

It wasn't that he didn't understand what she meant, they all had to eat...but why bring the food out here to the warriors if she had planned to eat it herself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:09 pm
Baako sighed. So he didn't catch on... She tilted her head and raised her brows. "Yes, and I do my job very well." She circled him, sizing up the large male. "And I'm sure you do yours well, too, Kahd." She returned to sitting next to her kill. "All I want is some manners."

There, she spelled it out. Hopefully that would get her what she wanted, and in return she could grant him what he wanted. But if not... Well, she was awfully hungry too.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Kahd blinked a few times before giving her a faint smile, shesh female were soooo touchy. " I didn't mean to imply you didn't do your job Baako, most the others just leave the food here for us and leave. I was curious why you would bring your kill here if it was not for the warriors."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Baako shrugged. "I was passing through." She shrugged "It's alright though. If you'd really like to have some, I can leave you with half." She blinked and went to work at separating the meat into equal parts. She supposed it wasn't really skin off her nose if he ate half. After all, they were both hard working pride members. And maybe he didn't really have time to go hunting. In the midst of her work she sighed. She had just been trying to teach him some manners, but men will be men. What can you do?  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Keantha

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:52 pm
Khad waited till her back was turned to roll his eyes. Honestly why were all these females so damn touchy? It was not like he insulted her or something? Why did every fool woman he met have to bit his head off?

It never entered into his thick brain that maybe he was the problem and not the females. Oh no, that could never be! When she turned back, he gave her is most charming smile, " Thank you Baako."

There! That was polite enough wasn't it? Or was she gonna harp at him some more?

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games