Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
v i d e o games (why did we not have a topic on this) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LillianSaire
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 am
** kicks Wynaro's head.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:31 am
=D The top of your head is showing!!!  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Shidobu Cloud

Dangerous Millionaire

10,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:06 am
I have too many to list here, but here goes:

The Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games
The Metal Gear Solid games
Shadow of the Colossus
Persona 3 and 4
FFX and FFXII (I haven't played 13 yet, but REALLY want to)
Way of the Samurai games
Smash Brothers Brawl and Melee
Mario Kart Double Dash and Wii
Uncharted games
Legend of Dragoon!
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Resident Evil 4 and 5
Prototype
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 and 10

And many others.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 am
=O HAVE YOU PLAYED ICO?!  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Based Gods Number 1 Fan

Dapper Genius

6,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:26 am
I was always more of a FPS/Shooter/action/Fighting/ kind of person. But i do like some rpg/"adventurey" type of games, definitely Kingdom Hearts, always loved the series, and if theye would release 3, i'd get it.

FPSes/ shooters/fighting/RPG/adventure games i like:

Most of the COD series
Halo
Ratchet and clank (The ps2 games)
fallout 3
Tekken
Soul Calibur
Street fighter (who dosent love this game)
Mortal Combat (Come on)
Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cereberus
Earthbound (Mainly because of gigyas, who think of that kind of boss?

theres a bunch of others, including super smash bros. and what not, but the list would go on forever.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 am
Xanhast Beren Sheppen
Omg, anyone here played Dark Cloud? That was an awesome game. and as far as the PS goes. Tekken III, Syphon Filter, Crash Banicoot. Omg great games.

Tekken 3 ROCKED! I loved yoshimistu with his awesome ballerina kick and sword XD  

Based Gods Number 1 Fan

Dapper Genius

6,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:58 pm
I was going through some of the old posts and decided to revive some.

Soul Calibur 5 I can not wait to play for the sheer fact that the last game was something of a disappointment story wise. The only thing I liked about it was that it basically told me that Kilik and Xianghua dies and I'm hoping that it's canon, their 'romance' throughout the games have been irksome to me since day one.

But new characters, I hope they bring back the Create a Fighter that was in the 4th game giving us a different choice of weapons.

Bioshock Infinite I can not wait to see.

The only problem I have been having with games lately is that the graphics are getting too good.

I was at Best Buy the other day to pick up a CD I've been dying to get. I walked by the demo of the PS3 NBA game on the Hi-def tv and shuddered at how real it all looked down to the sweat glistening on the players' skin. And if it wasn't for the slightly twitchy movements I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

I then realized that the PS3 was traveling into the Uncanny valley. Since my mother was with me (looking for a blue ray player) I had her take a look and asked her could she believe that it was a video game. She didn't notice that it wasn't a real basketball game until I pointed it out to her.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 pm
i know this is late

i like:
Kingdom Hearts
Spyro
The old Kirby games that were on the SNES
Super Smash Bros
Mario Party
The World Ends with You
Hotel Dusk
Trace Memory
Innocent Life[ had to stop playing... i was getting addicted to that game]
Guitar Hero
Rock Band  

marluxiasflower

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:56 pm
For over a month I've been purposely teasing my boyfriend over Skyrim to rile him up and remind him of the long wait. He had shown me the game trailer for it ages ago so he was rather excited about it to say the least.

Now I admit I had never been the one who was into the Elder Scrolls series but it's good, better than good but at the time the word to describe it escapes me (don't tell my honey this, I had fun ripping on him during that time and I can't admit that it's good yet).

The many things that you can do that offers hours and hours of game play and has great replay value is nice and something that I wish I could find in a RP nowadays. Choosing your character and altering the looks a bit, the main story, the exploring, the things you can do outside of the main story, falling in love and getting married, it reminds me a little of Fable only with more.

I'll get my own copy when the prices go down or when the Gamestop is having one of their sales.

The VG award show is coming up next month and I can't wait to see as long as they don't have crappy reality TV faux-celebs presenting awards. Tila Tequila doing that thing that one time with the systems was just cringe worthy and a total waste of time, just like the MTV movie awards. Yes I said it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 am
I was looking at the Cheshire Cat in the Underland rig and I saw that in the adult form they paid homage to American McGee's Alice.

And this reminded me about the new Alice: Madness Returns game.

The game was interesting. But after you've played it and the excitement and wonder wears off you can see just how flawed it was to the point I was disappointed. Even it being an Alice game a lot of parts did not make sense.

Why a train? Was the part with Walrus and the Carpenter really necessary? The big reveal before the final boss in the doll-land was so horrible. You had to relay on looking at the background scenery and all to get a good idea of what's going on. Whoever did the voice of Alice only had one dulled emotion throughout the entire thing that I had to look up the voice actress and make sure it wasn't Kristen Stewart.

And the final boss just made you remember the final boss from the original game in a way.

Sadly all of these flaws may be the result of them being pressed for time, deadlines and so on that may have had a lot cut out from the original idea.

I'm still hoping that McGee does the Oz game as he had originally planned after making the first Alice game. That series practically writers itself. The first one can be done focusing on the original Wizard of Oz. A second game can follow 'The Return to Oz'. And McGee can reveal the Wizard for being the b*****d that he is. The jerk usurped the throne and tossed Ozma to a witch you can't tell me that isn't the best makings of a boss (This story was omitted or changed in other stories because some actually liked him. In the Wicked Series he's back to being a jerk). The wicked witch might have enslaved the Winkies but she had the power to do it. Oz had nothing but parlor tricks.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:52 am
Notch of Minecraft heart jumping the gun on this one but he actually expressed interest in wanting to aid in finally making the Psychonauts 2 video game. xd

Soul Calibur 5 was a disappoint to me for the utter lack of all of my favorite characters. They pulled a Battle Arena Toshindin 4 on me by removing a majority of the rooster I like and am use to and switched them out with 'relatives' and 'friends' or just some random person. And no DLC for those characters. No more weapon exhibit, few stages which aren't interactive, changed the combat some, and still wanted to charge $60+ for it.

It's like buying a box of Lucky Charms and you open it to see that they've taken out all of the marshmallows and replaced it with yogurt clusters changed the shape of the cereal, gave you less than usual, replaced Lucky with his sister Lucy and still want you to pay over $3 for it and appreciate them for it.

Anyhow all of that aside does anyone have any old games that they wish they would do a reboot of or bring it back and do at least one game with today's tech that they didn't have then?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff