[PRP] Getting Older (Ubele and Ufunuo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 pm
Huria ruffled her feathers in exasperation as she looked at her feline companion. Ubele had been particularly grumpy the last several days and seemed both preoccupied and confused. However, she stubbornly refused to talk about what was bothering her and simply moped about. It wasn't often that Huria lost her patience with Ubele, but this was one of those times. She could not understand what was bothering her companion so much.

Ubele sat morosely on the large rock and stared at the ground in front of her. She'd been doing so for quite some time and did not feel like changing that for awhile longer. She knew others thought she was sulking, and in a way, she was. But, they couldn't understand and Ubele was too embarrassed to talk about what was getting under her skin, even with Huria. Not talking about it only made it worse, but she stubbornly refused to give in to the temptation.

Huria rolled her eyes. She'd had enough. She flapped her wings and glided over to land in front of Ubele and glared up at her. Ubele looked unfazed.

"Okay, that's it. I've let you indulge in this bad mood for long enough. Either tell me what's wrong, or snap out of it! This plainly isn't doing you any good," snapped the bird. Ubele looked shocked and a bit hurt, but she didn't say anything and just looked away. With a sigh, Huria perched on Ubele's shoulder and wondered what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ufunuo was a stark contrast to his twin. There was no gloomy mood or funk hanging over the young heir; but rather a song, a very cheerful, though extremely off-key song.

Whatever he was singing was not important, save for the fact that the sound carried over the pridal home lands, quite possibly encouraging the pride members (and other creatures around) to sing along, or at least cover there ears. Either way, he wasn't fazed, he kept right on singing his song, prancing along with his bonded perched on his back.

At least one creature was singing along, Daga, the crowned eagle who had found the young Ufunuo on that fateful day so long ago. He sat perched on his bonded's back, wings spread, head swaying in time with the song.

It was a silly little song, probably one they were making up as they went along. But it was fun, brightening an already beautiful day. Ah, it was good to be alive.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am
Ubele loved her twin brother. She really did. However, it was quite difficult to focus on wallowing when the sound of his voice carried so well across the pride lands. He was singing an almost disgustingly cheerful song and his bonded Daga was singing along. Ubele snapped out of her sulking long enough to glare in the general direction of the pair of them before she returned to her dark mood.

Huria shook her head and rolling her eyes, launched into the air. She flew up to where she could spot Daga and Ufunuo in the air and quickly glided over to where they were prancing around. Luckily, they were not too far away. She dropped out of the sky to land in front of Ufunuo's paws.

"I could really use your help, both of you. Ubele seems to have gotten herself into one of her moods, but this one has been going on for about a week and she won't talk to me and tell what's wrong. Maybe you can get her to talk. Please!" It was quite obvious that Huria was getting very distressed about the situation. She hopped about, clacking her beak and ruffling her feathers in irritation. She could only hope that Ufunuo and Daga would be able to help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm
"And the sun shines! And the birds fly! And--hmm?"

The song stopped, the dance falling silent at the sound of another voice. Huria? It seemed odd for her to come find him without Ubele.

The young lion listened, brow furrowing as the bird spoke. Ubele was in one of those moods again it seemed, not that that was especially unusual, it wasn't uncommon for his twin to slip into a funk from time to time. So then why was Huria so worried about it this time?

"Do you...really think I could help?"

Daga had folded his wings, feathers ruffled, looking very scandalized as he shot a glare at the other bonded. Hmph! He had rather been enjoying that little song and dance, and he didn't appreciate the sudden stop that had nearly sent him toppling over on the ground. Not that he didn't care dearly for Huria and her bonded, but--

His thoughts were cut off, anything thought of objection he may have had cut off in a single word from Ufunuo.

"Okay!"

Of course he would do what he could to help his sister.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 pm
Huria ignored the dark look from Daga, knowing that the other bird would be able to enjoy Ufunuo's musical talents again quite soon. Besides, she didn't have time to be apologetic. She was sick and tired of Ubele's despondent behavior and she wanted to get to the bottom of it this time. If there was anyone that her bonded might talk to, it was Ufunuo. The twins had a strong bond and Ufunuo had often helped Ubele out before.

Huria nodded, pleased when Ufu agreed and she launched back into the air, crying back over her shoulder.

"Good! Thank you! Follow me!"

She dove quickly through the air back to the rock upon which Ubele was now curled up. She landed softly on Ubele's shoulder and waited for the other lion and bird to catch up.

Ubele glanced at Huria, wondering what her bonded was up to. The bird looked smug and hopeful, which did not bode well for Ubele, who wished to continue wallowing. She figured if she thought about the problem long enough, perhaps she would be able to find her own solution. It looked like Huria had other plans though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 pm
Ufunuo followed after Huria, his paw steps resuming their prance, humming his made up song along the way. Daga however (perhaps not surprisingly) did not join in, instead taking flight to glide a short distance above his bonded's head.

"You don't always have to agree so easily."

"She's my sister, I can't say no."

"I suppose."

And yet Daga could not help but worry. Ufunuo was a soft, kind-hearted boy, eager to learn all he could, to do whatever was possible to be a better prince. The eagle worried that one day he would say yes to the wrong lion and that it would get him into trouble. Perhaps it was a silly worry, Ufunuo was far to smart for that.

Ah, there was his sister! Without waiting for a word (or an invitation), Ufunuo had bounded to Ubele's side, his head lowered to brush against her shoulder in brotherly affection.

"What's up, Ubele?"

Such a silly grin he gave her, they really were so different.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:32 pm
Ubele looked up when her brother appeared, but then turned to glare at Huria. She cared for her bonded and knew that Huria was worried and just trying to take care of her, but it was still annoying. Ubele did not feel like talking. Still, she couldn't just shove her brother away. They had an incredibly close bond and though their personalities were completely different, they were still very close.

"Hey, Ufunuo. Sorry, Huria is just meddling. You didn't have to come over here."

She returned his brush of affection with a quick one of her own, but then settled back into her thoughtful, if morose mood. Ubele kept insisting to herself that she only needed time to think, but after a week or more, she still was making no headway. However, she just wished that people would leave her be so she could think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 pm
That grin never faded as he settled to sit on his haunches at Ubele's side.

"I know, I came over because I wanted to."

Pfft, she was his sister. Did she really think he was just going to let her sit there by herself in that funk? No way! Where was the fun in that? Oh no, not gonna happen, this was most definitely cause for some brotherly intervention.

He had lowered himself to his belly, creeping closer to his sister, placing himself right in front of her to look up at her with that silly grin of his. A soft paw reached out to poke at her.

"Come on, Ubele, what's up?"

Clearly she wasn't getting rid of him anytime soon.

Daga had settled to rest near Huria, wings folded against his back.

*facewing*

"Want to bet on how long it takes him to get smacked?"

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 pm
Huria chuckled and nodded.

"With the mood that Ubele's in, it's rather likely," she said with a sigh, settling in beside Daga to see what happened.

Ubele ignored both birds pointedly, choosing to focus on her brother instead. It was very obvious that he was not going to leave her alone until she told him what was bothering her. Ubele sighed and reluctantly spoke.

"Well, it's just that things are so confusing right now. I mean, we're getting older and we aren't cubs anymore. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do now. If mom was here . . . if she was here, then she would tell me what to expect and she'd be able to explain why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling, but she's not and I don't know who to talk to or what to do," said Ubele, speaking faster and more upset with every word.

That said, she sheepishly turned away and he head flopped back down on to her paws.

"I want to talk to father about it, but I don't want to bother him unnecessarily. I'm sure that I can figure things out, but I need time to think them over."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm
"You can talk to me."

He grinned, hey, what are brothers for, especially twin brothers. He'd always be there, always, and he'd always be willing to listen and at least try to help. (Unless it was something girly...eww!) Not that there wasn't a part of him that had thought of saying 'mother wouldn't have told you to sit around moping about it'. But Ufunuo, perhaps unlike his sister, had the tact not to actually say it.

Now he was on his paws again, circling around and then sitting right in front of Ubele again. If anything he was persistent, and ignoring him simply was not an option. Pffft, he'd tickle her until she talked to him if he had to, so there!

"Come on, tell me what's wrong?"

Oh god, Ufunuo leave her alone! Brother or not, she is going to kick your a**! Not that even that would have discouraged him. Sigh, well, Daga supposed those charming traits of his bonded were the very things that would some day make him a good king and father...if his sister didn't kill him first that is.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:17 pm
Ubele sighed. It really was no use. Her brother would pester her until she told him, one way or another. If she tried any mean remarks on him, he would pass it off as her being unreasonable (which was true) and it wouldn't faze him in the slightest. Besides, if there was another that she could trust, it was her brother. They were twins after all.

She sighed again before turning back to him.

"I guess I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do now. We're not cubs anymore, we have responsibilities to the pride. I have to act like an adult and do what is best for the pride, which is what I want, but I'm so conflicted by other things, that I can't think about things properly."

Ubele was disgusted by her own selfish concerns, but it really was bothering her. She had to figure these things out. As for the other issue . . . it was time she trust her brother with that particular information.

"Also . . . I have certain feelings for a male in the pride. I think . . . I think I love him, but I'm not sure. I am jealous every time he spends time with this other female and I don't know what to do about it."

Huria gazed at her bonded with surprise. She didn't think that Ubele would admit her feelings about Peke to anyone. She was proud that Ubele was actually admitting it to not only Ufunuo, but to herself as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm
"That doesn't mean you have to do everything right now."

Ubele always had been too serious. Sure they weren't cubs anymore, but they were still young. She was right that they had more responsibility now, but they didn't have to be 'responsible' all the time. Even for the senior members of the pride there was time to relax, to play, to enjoy life.

Ufunuo had trained hard, practiced every day, learning to be the best hunter (and the best prince) he could be. But as hard as he worked, he played that much harder. Nothing was going to stop -him- from singing his happy song while prancing right through the center of the pride.

What? WHAT?! Danger, danger, girly stuff! Wait, his sister had a secret crush? Oooooh...a grin.

"Who is it?"

That's so cute, his sister had a crush on someone. Not that he was going to tease her about it or anything, well, not until later anyway. If only he had known who it was, that it was the one member of the pride that he had never gotten along with, that he had once fought with far too many times to count.

Well, if he had known, he'd have supported her anyway (and -then- teased her mercilessly). He had grown past whatever reason he'd had to hate Peke long ago, surely Peke had done the same.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:14 pm
Ubele sniffed and rolled her eyes at her brother's reaction. Half the reason she didn't want to tell him about Peke was that she knew what Ufu's reaction would be: to tease her mercilessly about it. Besides, Ufunuo and Peke had troubles getting along while they were cubs. Ubele had gotten so mad at Peke when he'd said hurtful things to her brother. Now . . . well, she loved him. It was funny how feelings changed over time. They weren't cubs anymore.

Still, Ufunuo deserved to know and even if he was angry with her about it, once he came around he could be a helpful ally. Besides, she was sick and tired of hiding things from her twin. It was just too darned difficult.

Ubele sighed and caught her brother's gaze and held it.

"It's Peke. I have feelings for Peke."

Ubele hoped that Ufunuo wouldn't hold it against her.

Huria was seconds away from diving into the air and singing her joy for all to hear. These were the words she'd been waiting to hear. Finally! the bird thought to herself. It's about time!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 pm
There was a moment of hesitation, a look of surprise. It really was Peke? Really? But she had...and he...and...really? Peke? He blinked, uncertain if she was truly serious, half expecting her to spring a joke on him. But she was serious, Peke, really?

Daga was having his own similar reaction, nearly squawking in surprise. Peke? That little white -brat- who had caused so much trouble (though he probably wasn't so little anymore). She could -not- be serious, this was not going to end well.

Or so he thought...

"Does he know yet?"

There was a hint of that teasing coming out in Ufunuo's voice, a sly little grin tugging at the corners of his maw. It didn't matter what had happened in the past, this was his sister, and if she liked Peke then that was okay with him. They could get along now right?

"Does Papa know?"

Uh-oh, that tell-tale sing song voice! And then he was on his paws, a look of mischief in his eyes. Surely by now she must have known he was up to something, that he was about to run off and....TOO LATE!

He was gone, running off to find the very lion he had just spoken of.

"Oh Paaaaa-pa...."

Hey, she'd have done the same thing to him.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm
Ubele watched Ufunuo, her expression one of horror. What had she done? Now she was in for it. Huria glanced at Ubele in concern as her bonded stared after her brother. This was not going to be pretty.

Ubele launched herself after her brother, paws hitting the dirt, claws grasping in to give her more momentum.

"UFUNUO! YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW! IF YOU BREATHE ONE WORD TO PAPA, I SWEAR YOU WILL REGRET IT!" she hollered as she ran.

Huria watched her bonded hurry off and couldn't help it. She chuckled heartily at the whole situation. Ubele was definitely going to regret telling her brother about her feelings. She knew there was little chance that Ubele would catch up with Ufu. The male was fast on his paws. Shaking her head, Huria rolled her eyes, knowing that Ubele was not going to be easy to put up with for a few days. However, at least she now had a punching bag.

She chuckled again before spreading her wings and launching into the air, flying off in the directi
on of her bonded and what was likely to be a hilarious situation.  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff