Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: Tips For Con-Goers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flight815kitsune

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:39 pm
Things I learned from my first convention:

1.Make sure EVERYONE has phones, and numbers!

2.Poptarts make wonderful, portable food that isn't messy, can be eaten hot or cold, and taste decent.

3.Remember to make sure you have everything you need, like spirit gum and nail glue. They do not have these things at 7-11.

4.Make sure to see if the room will be cleared for something you like! I wound up seeing a voice actor simply because he was in the room after the Gaia panel.

5.Have backup stuff on the sched. If what you wanted to go to has a huge line, go to the next thing. If there's nothing, either eat or get in line for the next thing.

6. Don't be afraid to go to something random!

7. Have a map. This means the hotel/convention center and the surrounding area. It's better to have too much info than to get lost. Also, know which direction the map faces, so you aren't taking the wrong skywalk.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:53 am

Those are very excellent ideas! I think I got a few of'em tucked away also.

WATER!

Seriously stay hydrated cause con's can get hot especially in complex costumes. Carry a bottle of water around and refill it at the water fountains when you run out. Also make sure you know where the bathrooms are so if a problem occurs you can rush to it right away and don't have to search.

COMMUNICATE!

Don't wait until the day before the convention to hammer out all the details like money, transportation and hotel. Nothing worse then finding out some people are broke and can't go, other's need rides and so on. I know from personal experience that this could really ruin your weekend. Get the money setup ahead of the convention and if you can just pay up for the hotel room early. Figure out the car situation when you've secured the hotel and scout out the best (cheapest) places to park.

example: People who go to Anime Boston could park in Alewife station which is $5 bucks a day versus at the con with is like $28-30. Just drop your stuff off at the hotel, drive over and take the T back. it's about 15-20 minutes by train but you save a ton of cash.

User_1017918

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces