Welcome to Gaia! ::

Protect your account from Hacks and Scams!

Back to Guilds

This guild is for the prevention of hacking, and scamming. 

Tags: Fighting, against, Hacking, Scams, Protect 

Reply Everyone!
Virus Removal 101 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lord msz9
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 am
Galileo Galilei
lord msz9
Galileo Galilei
:VP: Often times, with AVG, it will flag, Downloads, Video's, Safe Sites, and anything else basically, it works, but is a hassle when your trying to download something, and you have to turn AVG off, when it flags, EVERYTHING, the best programs in my opion would be McAfee+Malware Bytes, by AntiMalware + Microsoft Home Defender, McAfeem and Microsoft Homedefender, offer, very good firewall's, but often times, when a virus makes it through the Firewallz, it becomes a hassle to try to remove it with McAfee, and Home Defender, So i use The Malware removing program, it removes, the virus easily, and fast.

Your combination is good, except for not using CCleaner. My laptop kept crashing from Safari, i know this because it happened right after i got Safari. If i had CCleaner I could of right away opened it and removed Safari, i had to go through control panel and wait a long time just for it to open.

I use Google Chrome, it has its own built in CCleaner me thinks if not, could you recomend one?

I used Google Chrome once, that was when it was in beta. It failed for me and i never used it since, I don't know what you mean by recommend one, everything you do on CCleaner you can do without it, but CCleaner is easier and faster.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 pm
I dont really need that stuff but i know one hell of a way to remove viruses. Its called web route and if u ever herd of it tell me cuz im not ******** joking THIS BAD BOY WORKS!  

Slade_Black

lord msz9
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm
Slade_Black
I dont really need that stuff but i know one hell of a way to remove viruses. Its called web route and if u ever herd of it tell me cuz im not ******** joking THIS BAD BOY WORKS!

You mean webroot? You need to know this stuff, if it does not require the computer password to uninstall it, it sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:22 am
i have AVG 8.5 and Norton360 ^^  

Christaline
Crew

750 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Zombi3_Kill0r

2,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:00 am
I have Malware Bytes, Trojan Remover and Spy Sweeper, top security bish biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:51 am
Zombi3_Kill0r
I have Malware Bytes, Trojan Remover and Spy Sweeper, top security bish biggrin

Not exactly, your OK, but get AVG ID Protection, then every process you open it scans. Say you downloaded a file, you open it, AVG ID Protection will scan it right away, before it opens so you don't get another virus, if there is a virus it will pop-up saying that this file is infected, it will tell you what file what kind of virus blah blah blah and it does not do daily or any scans. it just checks the file u open. So you will be safe with that, well, your never safe, sorry.  

lord msz9
Crew

oreo5313

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am
wow.... idk what i have but i havent gotten any viruses yet  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 pm
i have malwarebytes and maleware and sygate personal firewall  

Your Condom Dispenser

lord msz9
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:41 pm
VegeVampire
i have malwarebytes and maleware and sygate personal firewall

You have maleware? what the heck is maleware? You mean malware? GET IT OFF UR COMPUTER!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:23 pm
Well, my computer somehow took over my computer again, even with all the firewalls up. Now after a system recovery we are down to Spy-Sweeper and Norton Antivirus.  

Zombi3_Kill0r

2,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

lord msz9
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 pm
Zombi3_Kill0r
Well, my computer somehow took over my computer again, even with all the firewalls up. Now after a system recovery we are down to Spy-Sweeper and Norton Antivirus.

Like i said, your never secure, you are always open, websites, files, everything can give you a virus! The gaia toolbar gave me a virus! You can never be too sure!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 pm
good thing i have AVG in the first place HA!!!
well is it ok if i just have AVG? instead of other backup programs?  

- MisoAndy -

ArcMinute

Aged Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:43 pm
Is symantec any good?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 pm
what bout AVG ANd Avira ? or what ever thA ONE called : yhose good togeteher?  

Doctor Orgasmo

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Doctor Orgasmo

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:43 pm
:3 cant get to the 3rd page DX