Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Even I Have Friends [KenayxFeana]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 am
User ImageStretching out from a good afternoon nap, Feana was feeling in a good mood. She'd managed to make a friend that'd be joining the pride soon, and then she'd see him every day instead of going to the boarders to visit with him. At least, she thought of Cit as a friend. She'd helped him with his injuries by remembering what Tamu's friend did for her when she as in birthing pain.

Kenya had done a good job picking a den closer to the shore when their five bundles were born. They didn't have very far to go to bring their offerings to the sea, either. Soon, though, Feana would be going through her first pridal ritual to bring her into adulthood in the eyes of her pride. A great moment for her, if it wasn't ruined by the fact her perfect sister was pregnant with a litter and her mother was flaunting that fact over her head. Yes, Feana and her mother weren't exactly friends, but there was some kind of respect there, she'd like to think.

At least Kenya didn't like her sister above her, like everyone else seemed to do. Just because she slipped up and had cubs when she was an adolescent doesn't mean she was a bad daughter, did it? Try telling that to mother, she thought to herself.

She had to shake the bad thoughts from her head. She wanted to be in a good mood, and by the Gods, she would be. With a firm nod, Feana headed out in search of her ever wandering mate who was, probably, trying to find the children to keep an eye on them. Feana tried to tell him they would be fine, the other members would see to it that they wouldn't get in any danger, but he was a worrywart. Something Feana never was.

"Kenya?" She called out, moving to their favorite spot on the beach; near a fallen log they both liked to nest against to watch the sunset or release their offerings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:21 am
User Image
Ever since the cubs were born, Kenya had been able to relax...somewhat. Being a father was tough, and barely knowing their mother made it even worse. He still felt awkward around Feana, even though they've been with each other for for a few months.

He sighed as he relaxed on the beach, the cubs off playing. He felt too exhausted to watch them properly. Ever since their last growth spurt, they've been everywhere, bouncing on top of him, running around... Sometimes he would wonder where their off switch was, or if they even had one.

His ears perked when he heard Feana's voice. He stood when he saw her, and yawned remembering just how tired he was. "Good morning Feana." He smiled as she approached. "How have you been?" He knew she'd been stressed with the cubs, her family, and the new ritual coming up.

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:31 am
That was a loaded question if there was any. She was tempted to nuzzle under his chin, but she refrained, barley. This female liked physical contact, but she knew how shy Kenya was a lot of the times. She'd learned that fairly quickly through her tries to get him to warm up to her. Feana still felt like something was amiss about their being mates, however. All in all, she sighed and sat down near him, rolling her shoulders in something of a shrug.

"I've been a lot better, but I've been worse," she answered vaguely. Yes, stress had gotten to the gray and pink female. Often she snapped at her cubs for no real reason, having to apologize afterward. She still had yet to take them to meet their aunt. Flicking her tail after a minute, she brought it around to rest near her front paws, looking to the ocean she'd come to love. "Just a bit worried about the ritual. ....And worried over a male I met not to long ago. He wandered into the lands injured..." She mused out loud, allowing an amused, and somewhat, affectionate tone to her voice. "But he's so stubborn. I swear he's worse than mother sometimes."

Letting her blue gaze land on her white mate, she tilted her head to the side, arching a brow. "What about you? I know the cubs have been climbing all over you lately."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 am
Kenya sat down beside her, his tail swaying in the sand. He had known of her stress, and have even been snapped at himself, but he hadn't taken any of it to heart. He knew he couldn't stand the pressure that she was going through, and often would wonder just how she'd do it.

The mention of the other male made him a little uneasy. She's given him no cause for suspicion, but the way she talked about him made him worry a little. But then he couldn't help but laugh. Feana always told him he worried too much.

He slumped down in the sand, and rolled on his back. "They have." He laughed and rolled around. "It's been a little tough." He said as he looked back up to her, "Their still a little bitey, and still full of energy."

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:18 am
Her ears perked at his laugh, but she didn't question it. He did that sometimes, it seemed. Back to their children, she gave a huge grin and chuckled, shaking her head. "Well, they've learned not to do any of that to me, I'll give the a good swat on the nose. You should do it too, Kenya. Trust me, it makes things easier." Why he let them do that, she had no idea.

Then again, why did she let Cit get to her like she did? His purr, his accent; it was all so strangely different from Kenya's clear, sometimes meek voice. Cit's voice made her shiver while Kenya's made her want to poke fun at him and protect him. Argh! Emotions were difficult. Getting those thoughts out of her head, she leaned over and licked at Kenya's cheek carefully. "Besides, they're big enough to know you're not doing it to be mean to them or anything."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm
He looked at her with a sad yet worried look, "But if I do that, I'll be the bad daddy." He said as he rolled back onto his stomach, "I don't want to be a bad daddy." He cleared his throat and sat looking regal, "Besides, your better at punishing them" He said as he opened one eye to look at her before smiling.

The smile he gave her was contagious. She smiled back and gave him a bit of a nuzzle as he sat back up. It was true, she was better at disciplining the kids, even if they knew it or not. For a moment, Feana was reminded of what attracted her to this male. He was meek, yes, but they had fun before she became pregnant. Maybe they needed to just break away from the kids for a while and have a day to just themselves. Her mother could watch them; it's what she liked doing, anyway. But proposing that idea wasn't very easy. She adored her kids. "I'm better at a lot of things than you," she teased, moving to n** at his cheek fur before tackling him. She'd grown into a beautiful, full lioness with a bit of muscle on her from always swimming in the ocean. "Kenya. We need a day. No kids. Just the two of us. My mom can watch them. What'd you think?"  

Feral Mule

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm
He fell on his back once again when she tackled him. He looked up to her and thought about her proposition for a moment before leaning up to lick her cheek. "Your right." He nodded, "We do need a day." He said as he got up and shook the sand off of this white coat. "But your catching dinner." He said as he winked, and started to run back to their den.

So much had happened since they came to the ocean pride. Its amazing how fast time flew by them. At times it seemed like it was just the other day that he met Feana. But now they had growing cubs to take care of. It almost seemed like things were going too fast.

She chased him back to the den with protests spilling past her lips. It wasn't right she had to catch him dinner! But, she felt a weight lift off of her when he agreed. That's what the two needed; a day together to see if they were actually supposed to be together or if it was just the hormones that attracted them together. Feana looked up to the den and spotted the eyes of her cubs, so she picked up the pace. She didn't want them to see her lose to their dad!

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games