[PRP] Guards On Duty (Uuo & Yensid-su) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yensid couldn't have been prouder or happier, he had managed to prove himself worthy of the pride at last. Best of all he had proved it to the spunky Captain of the very Guard he wished to serve. It was fantastic a dream come true serving a pride and actually putting himself to good use. Yellow eyes carefully scanned the area, he was getting used to the heat and his paws were now comfortable with the temperature and terrain.

Today he was hoping to get a proper patrol route from his Captain, he wasn't sure if it was wise to seek her out but he went ahead anyway. She probably wanted a rematch, but he would hold that off for some other time. He grinned to himself and moved along eager to get down to his new duties.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm
User Image

She was growing concerned and annoyed. Her pupil was acting very odd, and for the life of her she couldn't imagine WHY. Had the situation with Ursa really gotten that complicated? But what did that have to do with -her-?

After leaving Kadogo to his morning patrol, and making a note to tell him to see how his apprentice was doing, she'd have to find another teacher for her if he couldn't do it-- left the captain free to see how the other guards were doing. There were so many new faces, and a surprising number of them were guards, or at least desiring to become guards. Among them was Yensid, who had managed to defeat her during their second duel challenge for his right to join the Firekin. Unknown to her he was seeking her out at that moment, as she stood watching watching the sun coming up on the horizon. Her tail lashed calmly, thoughtful behind her. She could at least still appreciate the aesthetic beauty of such things, but mostly she felt excited for the retreat of the dull night when almost everyone but the guards were asleep.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:10 pm

A grin crossed his muzzle as his keen eyes finally picked out the clay red female in the distance. Watching the sun bathe her in it's warm fiery light was quite something, but of course they all stood out in these lands. Red, black, white vivid colors against stark sands and bright rays of sun. He loped over to her and halted to one side sitting down and inclining his head.

"Good morning Captain!" He offered with a grin, he was clearly enthusiastic about his duties. His dark mane fluffed a bit around him from his light run, the red streaks like small flames. "I was hoping you could give me a patrol route and time...want to keep on schedule."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:23 pm
Her eyes shifted to their corners moments before he reached her, intuition telling her she wasn't alone. Speak of the devil, as the saying went.

"Morning, Yen." She replied with a tired smirk, alert, but still, she wouldn't have minded just a touch more sleep this morning after her thoughts had kept her awake. She betrayed none of this though, simply yawning, easily blamed on the early hour instead of troubled sleep. She didn't really try hiding that she was pleased with the fact he was already seeking out responsibilities. She thought she'd need to keep an eye on him for a few days though, fill him in on things, between training Azar and seeing to the rest of the guards. "Eager to work huh? Alright then. Follow me this way. Kadogo'moto is already patrolling this area."

She didn't ask if he slept well, or how he felt-- both were apparent by his cheerful state, and small talk for Uuo was already asking a bit much before one considered the sun itself was barely just waking up.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 pm

"Anything beats lazing around." He responded quickly and moved to his paws to follow after the female. Yen found himself active most of the time, sleep seemed so wasteful when the hours could be spent being productive. Hunting or training or traveling. Now that he had a home to protect he felt even less inclined towards rest or sleep, he could rest when he was dead.

He was curious to hear more about the guards, how many there were or what their shifts were like. He decided to let Uuo explain as she went instead of pestering her with questions though. It was still early after all and the higher the sun rose the more his body started to tax him to compensate for it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 pm
"We can mostly agree on that." She replied, arching her back with a deep stretch, moving into pace along the sands. "You've come to see about your rota, I'd guess."

She didn't assume things unless she knew them for certain. It cut down on how often she and others looked foolish.

"You found yourself a good den already?"

With all the new members she wasn't sure how well space was holding up, and she'd been lucky enough to get a decent sized den to herself, even if it was higher up in the cliffs she didn't mind.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 pm

"No actually...probably rather foolish of me not to go looking for a den first thing...especially with how cold the nights have been. I've been trying to get a better feel for the terrain though and keep myself active...the land offers quite a challenge." He chuckled softly as he followed her.

He had been managing by tucking himself into sand pits and against large rocks, a makeshift den of sorts. He probably ought to try and find himself a den proper but there was something thrilling about surviving the harsh terrain. "Maybe once I know my rotation and post I'll go ahead and get that den..."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:58 pm
"Make sure you do that, we're already a little short on guards without losing anyone to sickness." She smirked dryly back at him, working on waking up as she moved along the sands. "I might be able to get away with it with all this extra fur, but I think after a few nights you'd turn into a block of ice."

As for his rotation, what should she give him? They were pretty well set on morning rotas, but those evening hours...

"We need someone else to help cover the nights. Most don't desire that shift because of the cold. It would just be half the evening, then you would trade off with Kadogo'moto, but since you're already playing pioneer..." She chuckled.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 pm

He grinned and looked her over as if assessing her extra fur before tilting his head with a smirk. "Maybe I should stick close to you then to keep from freezing?" He chuckled and followed after her. "Don't you worry I won't deprive you of my presence, it would take more then a little cold to deter me now that I've come this far."

"I'll take the night shift then, I wouldn't mind it one bit..." Indeed it was better this black fur baking his head in the heat. One could patrol with vigor to keep warmth in the frigid night air but in the heat he got a little sluggish. No doubt that would be remedied once he spent more and more time in his new home.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm
"You might find yourself freezing or bleeding if you get too close, friend." Uuo quirked an eyebrow at his flirtatious behavior, but the warning was only fair. She might have come to them as a rogue, a former member of two separate prides, but she was Firekin still and they weren't known to be gentle. Was he honestly flirting with her? And if so was he really of the impression that she was the type to lay down for any male? He was probably harmless, but his comments always left her -wondering-, and she wanted to be sure he understood that she was neither good at playing the game, or interested.

Her tail lashed calmly, stopping and glancing back, knowing that they had traveled a ways in such a short time. The sun was a little brighter on the horizon.

"Here, a guard's duty is not to engage the enemy unless absolutely required. Our job is to alert the soldiers if a threat comes to our borders. More specifically, if you notice a large threat, a large band of rogues, or say an army..." A wry smirk, recalling the day of the rebellion. "--you alert the pride or I'll skin your hide myself for trying to play hero."

And if he was STILL unable... well, she didn't bother to think about the other likely hood, the other issue that might stop him from contacting help.

"If not myself, the general, Azarax, the captain of offense, Azula, or the regents Kidondo and No are the ones likely to make the call on how we handle large scale situations. Obviously this varies from case to case." Her job was really just making sure the rota was in place for all guards, and that apprentices had proper masters to look to. She was out and about so often, though, that if the need arose she might be the one to raise the alarm herself one day, non-existent-gods forbid. (Well, secretly she wouldn't mind a good fight, but an invasion would not be welcomed.)

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Yensid found himself grinning despite her words, he loved to banter with her even if he did recognize that he might be pushing it. He couldn't help it though being alone his whole life left him quite eager to converse and tease now.

"I'll keep that in mind captain..." His tone was more serious this time conveying his apology for his earlier flirtation. He listened carefully as she explained and filed the names away in his memory, he would see if he couldn't meet up with this Azarax or Azula so he would know who to find incase the need arose.

"Got it, observe, run, and report...if it's a band of rogues..but what of a single rogue or a couple?" He was curious since she herself had engaged in their duel instead of reporting him as a threat...granted one rogue was hardly a threat to the whole pride...at least not physically.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:28 pm
"Good, make sure that you do." She replied, shaking out her fur to loosen any sand she'd collected on their trek, then settled down on her haunches again to watch the remainder of the sunrise, expecting he'd join her. "There will probably be a lot of rogues looking for a challenge for acceptance.... first, some ground rules. You've been filled in on what colors and qualities are and are not acceptable, right?"

He must have at least an idea after seeing the lions here, but just to be sure, she was certain one of the others would have covered this with him.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:34 pm

"I've come to figure it out myself, but you had best give me the official word. The rules of the duels I remember perfectly though." He grinned slightly still quite proud of having managed to beat Uuo herself. Undoubtedly someday she would have her retribution and his hide would get a sound thrashing, especially considering how much he liked to tease her.

"Red, Whites, Blacks...all seem to be the predominant colors. I haven't seen any blues or greens..." He looked at her for confirmation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:58 am
"Reds, whites, blacks. Those are pretty much the limit on allowed markings, though you've probably noticed a few in between shades. Iroh has a tint of sand color to his coat, but it's not an actual color on his coat, it's difficult to explain. Azarax, our General, is the only allowed exception to the rules and that for very good reasons. Oranges and yellows are only acceptable in small doses, however, such as on some of Yin-li and Azarax's children, or Kenna's cubs. Blue, green, purple, any color but the dominant three are not permitted within the lands, and cubs born with those shades must leave upon reaching adolescence. They are Huria, in the Firekin."

She rumbled, remembering Uddhava, Ripuka's son, the one she had died to protect. It was something that would forever stay with her for the rest of her days, she hoped that boy was doing well.

"Any questions?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Yensid nodded firmly in understanding, yet deep down he wondered about how the Huria felt, children cast from their homelands because their coats were tainted. Still he understood and reminded himself that protection wasn't always just physical. He would do well to remember and keep a wary eye out.

"And attributes? We turn away those that do not win their Duels..." Strength was prized, but of course not just strength for Yensid had that in spades it had been his strategy that had finally won him his duel.

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff