28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Nopers.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Fide et Amore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:15 pm
So I just found out that this is the "year of the priesthood" in the Catholic Church and I'm really excited about it. I'm writing a letter to my priest to show my appreciation for him. I think it's a really good idea to let the priests/pastors/leaders of our churches to know how much we care, and that we are really touched by all they do for us.

mrgreen I think it would be great if you did the same thing, or said a special prayer, or did something special to show your appreciation. Maybe you don't have the best priest/pastor, and maybe you aren't too close with him, but I hope we can all appreciate all of those who are called to a life of devotion to God, no matter what denomination we all are.

3nodding That's my thoughts on the subject.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:17 pm
http://www.conversiondiary.com/2006/10/priest-appreciation.html

While we're on the topic, you should check out this blog post. It's really great, and gets at what I'm trying to say!  

Fide et Amore

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am
I can dig this.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm
I thought about saying that it might be better to tell your pastor in person how much you appreciate him, then changed my mind. If you send a letter with your heartfelt thanks to him, he would be able to go back and read it during the times when so many of his parisheners are angry with him (whatever the cause, it always seems to happen).  

Hot lin78

Hot lin78

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:03 pm
crying Isn't anyone else going to post?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:11 pm
I don't recall ever hearing of my church celebrating such a thing. I'm not a Catholic though...and we don't have priests. We have pastors and preachers.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items