Oh, yeaaaahhhh...
  No, they're stupid and creepy
  I...don't care
View Results

Ghourry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:11 pm
Teh_Sheba

But I think at least part of it is to set L off from the other characters, to stress the fact that he is just not like the others in the series and make him more unique, you know?

that's my little Artist's standpoint on it!^^
ninja heart

I fully agree with you on that.

You can analyze something as much as you want, but what it boils down to is how the author wants to represent a character and what works best in doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:09 pm
He looks like he's hyped up from all the sweets he eats.  

Zambimaru

Ghourry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:09 am
Zambimaru
He looks like he's hyped up from all the sweets he eats.

hehehe. Hyper L.

*imagies L on a pogo-stick* ........*giggles*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:46 pm
My god those are cute eyes...

I wondered that the first time I saw them. Kinda confused me. I came to that conclusion myself, although L doesn't seem like the person who'd miss out on sleep unless he was working really hard on something...  

Arancia

Tokay-Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:48 pm
I love his eyes. Thats his trademark. ^^ In a way, ne?  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:32 pm
but Matsuda once saw L sleeping (volume.. 2 I think)

I say it's eyeliner,

(PS. notice how different his hair looks from volume 1 where you couldn't see his face)  

the_true_iori

akirakurosawa111

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:17 pm
i think it shows that he has been up for hours!! trying to figure out a case lol 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:06 pm
akirakurosawa111
i think it shows that he has been up for hours!! trying to figure out a case lol 3nodding

I agree. ^^  

Tokay-Spirit

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:34 am
In one case I believe there are multiple L's, but I figured naa
Because L is just really really sleepy, after all he sleeps with hes eyes open, and well yeah.. When does he have a chance to use eyeliner, or permenant marker.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:09 pm
maybe he doesn't get enough sleep.  

Miharu the Slayah

Psychadelic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:05 pm
Inane Whimsies
The Missing Puzzle Piece

I think Eru is emo! sweatdrop

I'm sorry if this is a totally outrageous theory, but I am just suggesting.

Aahah! L is emo! That totally explains it~!
It would be funny to have a emo L parody type thingier, and Mello and Misa could be goth kids and uh... I dunno about Near and Light... humm... nerds? Hah. Wait no.... Light could be a pimp >.>

Puzzle: Well, it is somewhat an outrageous theory, but I can sort of understand why you brought that up xD But no, that is mostly unlikely, since
1. he probably doesn't know what Emo is
2. he lacks the necessary amount of emotions
3. he most likely doesn't have any interest on being Emo, or in Emo stuff, since the only thing he cares is about solving cases whee

Inane: xD That would go perfectly with the "Emo song" (If theres any person who is emo and is reading this: no offense meant. But the song is too damn funny). I tought of making an amv to that once, but I don't have enough Death Note footage on my computer.
I think Mello would work better as a pimp rather than Light, I mean, his boots! They remember me of pimps for some reason.

And just for the Lolz:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
taken from animepaper x)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:14 pm
(sorry for double posting, but I didn't want to make my last post too long)
RionaDaidouji
Found Naota's post about L's eyes. It includes SPOILERS, though, so HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

You know what...I found out something interesting today. I think L has Hyperthyroidism (under active thyroid)

He shows all the symptoms of strand of this...something called "graves disease" <- ironic, huh ^_^;; Google graves disease it in images and you'll be suprised.

The symptoms are: increased appitite (well we all know that), protruding eyes, physical and mental hyperactiveity, weight loss, muscle wasting, rapid heart rate (well he died of a heart attack >_>), heat intollerance.

Well maybe not all of these things...but SOME and just look at the eyes of the people who have this disease....very L-esqe....anyways, I found that out today ^_^;;

Now, that is certainly interesting eek I always tought his eyes were only due to lack of sleep. But yeah, that is an interesting point. I actually had the guts to google it, and one of the pictures had some eyes that were incredibly similar to Ls. Being dark colloured and all.
I wonder if the person who wrote Death Note has this disease as well?. Because I have read in lots of fansites that the writer based on him/herself to create L. S/he claims to be pretty much like him.

Psychadelic

The World Within

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:08 pm
I love L's eyes.
They set him apart from the other characters.
Not that his behavior isnt enough to do so, the way he sits [like me!] his diet thing everything make him very...unique...by themselves

Im just like L as well.
I sit like him, thats when im most comfortable.
and I eat a ton of sweets too. >.<

I think L is adorable ^_^
hes my favourite character, aside from Mello...mmhmm true story.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:20 pm
Psychadelic
(sorry for double posting, but I didn't want to make my last post too long)
RionaDaidouji
Found Naota's post about L's eyes. It includes SPOILERS, though, so HIGHLIGHT TO READ:

You know what...I found out something interesting today. I think L has Hyperthyroidism (under active thyroid)

He shows all the symptoms of strand of this...something called "graves disease" <- ironic, huh ^_^;; Google graves disease it in images and you'll be suprised.

The symptoms are: increased appitite (well we all know that), protruding eyes, physical and mental hyperactiveity, weight loss, muscle wasting, rapid heart rate (well he died of a heart attack >_>), heat intollerance.

Well maybe not all of these things...but SOME and just look at the eyes of the people who have this disease....very L-esqe....anyways, I found that out today ^_^;;

Now, that is certainly interesting eek I always tought his eyes were only due to lack of sleep. But yeah, that is an interesting point. I actually had the guts to google it, and one of the pictures had some eyes that were incredibly similar to Ls. Being dark colloured and all.
I wonder if the person who wrote Death Note has this disease as well?. Because I have read in lots of fansites that the writer based on him/herself to create L. S/he claims to be pretty much like him.

Well, (Spoilers, highlight to read)

There's a lot of theories going around about L being autistic or having Asperiger's (sp?). I'll try and get some refined medical info up on those two.

But L really couldn't go very long without sleep. A week or so, he'd be almost comatose. The body reduces your oxygen level when you get tired and forces you to sleep. Also, scientifically speaking, if one were to go 13 days or so without sleep, one would die.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

Chaos and Butterflies

Eternal Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:33 pm
It looks soo kick-a** but its more than likely lack of sleep!!
if it were in real life that probably what it would look like. . . he doesnt sleep much any way soo . . .  
Death Note Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff