Are L's eyes awesome?
  Oh, yeaaaahhhh...
  No, they're stupid and creepy
  I...don't care
View Results

Flinks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:28 pm
I mean, what is it with L's eyes?

Granted, they are the coolest kickass eyes to ever grace the manga world, but have you ever really wondered about them?

Anyone have any theories?

User Image
See? What is that black...ridge under his eye? Is it really just lack of sleep? How come his pupils are so dark and ...unmangalike?

Just a question. And something new and equally annoying to speculate on. ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:43 pm
I guess they're genetics.

I would write a very stupid and impossible theory but I can't think of any right now.... sweatdrop  

The Missing Puzzle Piece

.husbife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:42 pm
[ It's most likely due to lack of sleep. Sorry fangals, but it's probably true.] xp

[ The only time you see L close his eyes is when*highlight for spoiler*
he dies. And that's the only time!]

[ So I figure he hardly sleeps. Which makes sense, because he's so involved in solving the kira case. ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:08 pm
I like to think that he wears mascara!... xp

but it probably is just lack of sleep.  

Ghourry
Vice Captain

Inane Whimsies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:04 am
Wuu

I think you mean eyeliner... and maybe some black eyeshadow to touch it up... I've made my eyes look like L's before for fun, hehe.

But yeah. Most likely lack of sleep...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:15 am
.husbife
[ It's most likely due to lack of sleep. Sorry fangals, but it's probably true.] xp

[ So I figure he hardly sleeps. Which makes sense, because he's so involved in solving the kira case. ]

Reply to the spoileryness
You're right... that's rather odd.

Inane Whimsies
Crew

Flinks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:15 pm
Darn. I figure there has to be a condition out there that involves dark ridges under the eyes. I think this because of how out of place they are amongst all the other characters, whose eyes are all predominantly manga-esque.

Just a thought, y'know.

It probably is just lack of sleep.

*reply to spoiler*

You know, that is interesting...weird! (besides the fact that he blinks, which isn't shown in the manga, but everyone blinks!...then again, L has been an exception to many a rule...hm...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:28 pm
.husbife

I've always thought that too, seeing how determined he is on cases more than most the Kira case up until his death. That and it just makes him the oddball that he is.

Flinks, is it alright if I use the collage idea of L's eyes to make my own collage? I'm thinking I can collect more and put it all together in the form of an L for an icon or otherwise.  

Nagaki Kouji

Ghourry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:31 pm
Inane Whimsies
Wuu

I think you mean eyeliner... and maybe some black eyeshadow to touch it up... I've made my eyes look like L's before for fun, hehe.

Oh, thats exactly what I meant.

stressed Hazukashi....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:57 am
Flinks
Darn. I figure there has to be a condition out there that involves dark ridges under the eyes. I think this because of how out of place they are amongst all the other characters, whose eyes are all predominantly manga-esque.

Just a thought, y'know.

*reply to spoiler*

You know, that is interesting...weird! (besides the fact that he blinks, which isn't shown in the manga, but everyone blinks!...then again, L has been an exception to many a rule...hm...

Naota mentioned a condition that explained the way L was, but I'm not sure if that included his eyes or not. She just left for Australia though so I can't ask her about it now sweatdrop

I wish I could remember which thread she had mentioned it in... probably the L thread... I'll have to go check and see if I can dig it up and then check it out.

Inane Whimsies
Crew

The Missing Puzzle Piece

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:07 am
Inane Whimsies
Wuu

I think Eru is emo! sweatdrop

I'm sorry if this is a totally outrageous theory, but I am just suggesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:52 am
Yeah it is from lack of sleep and to make him more noticeable than the other secondary characters.  

nappyhead

alicelights

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:41 am
I mean, I can imagine he's the type of guy who would stay awake for hours and hours thinking... unfortunatly, this leads to Lack of sleeep, I say  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:26 am
It's proof that he thinks too darn much. He doesn't stop thinking! Therefore, he cannot sleep. Trust me, I know this for a fact. >> <<  

Kitsune-chi

Flinks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:25 pm
Inane Whimsies
Flinks

Just a thought, y'know.

*reply to spoiler*

Naota mentioned a condition that explained the way L was, but I'm not sure if that included his eyes or not. She just left for Australia though so I can't ask her about it now sweatdrop

I wish I could remember which thread she had mentioned it in... probably the L thread... I'll have to go check and see if I can dig it up and then check it out.

Oh, I hope you find it because I've been wondering about it for a while. ninja  
Death Note Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff