Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 16. Nostalgia
The ALG Post Secret Thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New Poll
09/09/09
100%
 100%  [ 89 ]
Total Votes : 89

Zealous Blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to

The ALG Post Secret Thread 2.0

The last Post Secret Thread was much loved and adored, however, many members woke up this morning to find it missing.

Immediately, not only was there much speculation over who had done it, why they had done it, and what to do about it, about two billions new 'post secrets' popped up.

Well, I look at this as an opportunity to make a new, much cleaner, much better thread. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Rules of the Post Secret Thread

1.) I personally wouldn’t mind malicious secrets. HOWEVER. Mark, as well as many other Crew members would not condone this, so neither shall I.

In short, please don’t post secrets about other guild members containing any libel, or hateful comments.

2.) PLEASE READ THIS RULE SO YOU WON’T BE CONFUSED WHEN YOUR SECRET GETS DELETED:

Okay, so, I know this rule is going to piss off quite a few people, but honestly, in my mind, it’s a matter of laziness vs creativity, anyway.

A few people thought the last thread ruined the original Post Secret project (there’s an example of the original Post Secret project in the post below this).

From now on, any secrets posted in here MUST be in ‘postcard’ format. I will be lenient on this, however. I’m not going to force you to use a 4x6 image, but if you want your secret to be posted in this thread, then your secret MUST be in an image. Like, this, for example:

Your post will be deleted if we see you haven’t made an image form of your secret.

If you don’t like this, feel free to go make your own ‘Secret’ thread. This thread is POST Secret, not, Written Secret.

3.) It would be nice if what you posted were actual secrets.

Post something you've kept to yourself or never told anybody before-- that's the point of calling it a SECRET.  

Zealous Blue

Zealous Blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm
The Original Post Secret

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

“PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people
mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard.” - Frank

“PostSecret is an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. Select secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website, or used for PostSecret's books or museum exhibits.” -Wikipedia

“The simple concept of the project was that completely anonymous people decorate a postcard and portray a secret that they had never previously revealed. No restrictions are made on the content of the secret; only that it must be completely truthful and must never have been spoken before. Entries range from admissions of sexual misconduct and criminal activity to confessions of secret desires, embarrassing habits, hopes and dreams.” -Wikipedia

“Selected postcards, including some not on the website, were published in PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives. It was published by Harper Collins/Regan Books and released on December 1, 2005.
A second PostSecret book, My Secret: A PostSecret Book, was released on October 24, 2006. It is also published by Regan Books.
A third PostSecret book, The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book, was released on January 9, 2007.
A fourth PostSecret book, A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book, was released on October 9, 2007.
An upcoming fifth PostSecret book, Confessions on Life, Death, & God, will be released in 2009.” -Wikipedia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

The thread is now open.

Feel free to post after you read the rules!  

Zealous Blue

Dr. OCD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm
User Image  

alg post secret

Ratt Scabies

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 pm
User Image  

Miss Gaytastic

ibegyourpudding

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:02 pm
User Image

Lemonadeandfizzystuff

Fairytale Endings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:11 pm
[[ B R ii T T N E Y says... ]]