Welcome to Gaia! ::

a written word - the new version!

Back to Guilds

a friendly atmosphere to discuss books, writing, and so much more! 

Tags: Book, Write, Read, Roleplaying, Random, and more!, Movies, Music, Sports, Food, Fan Fiction 

Reply "The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."
At what age did you start getting into reading and how? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lynnden_472
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm
for meh? ... birth.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:38 pm
My mom started to teach me to read when I was four, I think. I'd watch my brother read and I'd be really jealous which made me want to read, I suppose.  

Rei Uchikino

solar molar

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:19 pm
i have no idea.
all i know is that my mum read to me as an infant
and when i was in first grade, i was reading at a fifth grade
level, which must mean that i started reading at a relatively
young age? i don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 pm
I've been able to read for as long as I can remember, my parents made sure of that.
I remember being the only kid in my Kindergarten class that could read.

Robotic Dream Weaver

Celebrating Reveler

Artea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 pm
As long as I've been alive I think. My parents did a good job teaching me to read and to enjoy reading and I intend to for the rest of my life.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:32 am
For as long as I can remember. I know I was reading The Lord of the Rings when I was eleven. I surprised the hell out of my seventh grade teacher when she found out I was reading the series for the second time.  

Awen Dana

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TrickMeMoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 am
I can't remember for sure, but I know I was in early Elementary.. I didn't get into reading novels, though, until 7th grade or so.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 pm
I was bored during the end of 2002 beginning of 2003, I had just dropped out of my first college and this was before I started going to my second college. There was a book shelf filled of books in our house for ever as my mother and older brother were big readers. So I just decided to start reading.

Simple as that.  

Creativerealms

Kyrellyan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:24 am
As soon as I could I started reading. I was such an avid reader at a young age that I would get books for my birthdays and Christmas. The librarians at both my schools and the public library all knew me by name, and any time my mom couldn't find me she called the library first to see if I was there. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:44 pm
I can't remember what age specifically but I was in third or fourth grade and my best friend then was dyslexic and every week for library the MADE everyone pick out a book and there was only one book in the library that she could read well because the author wrote it the way a elementary tomboy would talk. (How I Survived Being A Girl) And I would check it out for her alot and read it with her (she had checked it out so much that the school stopped letting her) and that's where I first knew I liked books but I didn't really know what kind of books I liked until I stumbled upon Both Sides of Time, I checked it out because I thought the cover art was really cool and I was running out of time to find a book lol.  

Namiko_of_Andreon

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:09 am
Apparently when I was three I memorized the books my mom read me... but I really started to obsess over reading when Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" came out.. I was seven. I would walk around the playground with a book in my hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm
Whenever I started the Harry Potter series. I was in like third grade I think. I read the first and second books that year. Ever since then I've been an avid reader as well as writer.  

Todd186
Crew

NorthEastFire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm
I've actually liked reading and writing since before I could actually read. When I was around three or four, I would already create my own characters and stories - I just had to have someone else write them down for me at the time.

Even in elementary school when it was considered "weird," I was constantly reading whenever I would finish schoolwork.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm
for me I started reading as early as I can remember. My aunt has pictures of me when I was three reading books. The strange thing was i knew what I was reading but couldn't say the words. I had a speech therapist until i was in the third grade and therefore forced to read stupid grade 1 books. So I refused to go with the EA teacher eventually the librarian of my grade school, who was friends with my mom, helped me out with the speech and let me read more advanced books with her in the library.  

Rhiannon Daimon

D_Marx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:55 pm
I started by my mom reading to me. My favorite book was "Oh the Thinks You Can Think" by Dr. Seuss. Then it was all Seuss all the time, and then I started reading. . . comics. That would explain my writing pattern.  
"The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff