Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[prp] Confused Admiration (Kawoni Lillian + St. Augustine) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:09 pm
User Image
A slight breeze stirred in the grey morning. a young mare stood at the edge of an open field, the forest behind her. she stood motionless as if waiting for something to happen in the rather dull morning. it had been almost seven moons since she had left home. her father had always told her of the wonders and adventures in the world, but so far her journey had been eventless.

Kawoni Lillian sighed as she entered into the field to graze. the crisp morning dew crunched under her feet as she walked along the grass. she found a rather tasty looking clump and began to graze. aware of the dangers of an open field Kawoni was prepared to bolt at a moments notice. the Cerynei blood in her kept her on constant alert to any danger or approaching strangers that might come.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 pm
User Image

Saint had but recently grasped the realization that he was no longer a small colt, but one of massive size, at least in relation to his mother. Quite un-sturdily the white kalona seemed to stumble clumsily out from around a denser build of forestry and out into a meadow, one his mother had brought himself and his sister to a few times to graze. Sighing at his new found appreciation for when he was but a smaller animal his eyes shifted around the area, instantly spotting the mare that was stopped, eating as it appeared. He noted her tail, just like mom's. She was obviously a Cerynei like his mother was, and in that he knew to be warey when approaching. Not for the sake of attack, but more, for the fact she'd bolt if given the even smallest spook. Saint took a pace much slower than his average one, and spoke up, making sure to announce his presence before she noted it.

"Good morning and hello there."

His voice was loud, but calm and reassuring in tone. He meant no harm to this mare, he couldn't hurt a fly...let alone another creature like his mother. The stallion stood slightly slumped, as if trying to minimize his size. If he wanted any other friends besides his sister, he'd need to be careful...so far many creatures only seemed to run from him. Swatting his spade tail back and forth Saint smiled, quite a polite and innocent smile given his true race.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm
Kawoni whipped her head to face the stranger. apon first seeing him her immediate instinct was to run, but something in his voice held her inplace. he did not sound angry or dangerous. was he smiling? Kawoni took a few cautious steps towards him, afraid that he might attack.

"um, good morning to you too."

she paused to look him over. his whitness seemed to almost glow. Kawoni had never seen such a light, pure kalona before. she took few more steps, still cautious.

"sorry if i seem so put off, but i...well...i just wasent expecting any vi sitors thats all."

Kawoni did not want to offend or anger him by talking about his nature or coloring. it would be in her best health to keep this strange new visitor at bay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:36 pm

"That's quite alright, there's not many visitors that stray into the meadow in these parts. Suppose everyone finds more sociably known places to gather,"

He nodded, peering around where the short grass was interrupted by large trees and shrubs. It wasn't a common place, one so far in the forest that most creatures that didn't live in this area barely knew of a meadow here. That gave way to Saint assuming that this mare was of the same forest as his mother, which didn't surprise him in the least, after all..they were both clearly Cerynei. The large Kalona, standing slightly awkwardly since he was still getting used to being an adult-size now, attempted to stand a little straighter as the mare looked at him. He smiled another more sheepish grin, revealing his sharp teeth, even if he didn't mean to.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Saint Augustine, or Saint for short."

Quickly pulling his mouth shut as to not expose his teeth again Saint twitched his wings, giving them a brief moment of relaxation before tightly holding them to his sides again, being around another like his mother made him increasingly strange. Maybe it was his size, or lack of knowledge about the opposite gender, but her eyes seemed to scream both fear and curiosity.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:12 am
Kawoni twitched when she saw the Kalona's teeth, but quickly covered it up with a smile. she did not mean to be so skirtish, but her natural instincts told her otherwise. she couls tell sthat there was something different about Saint. his face held non of the anger or rage that a pure Kalona usually has. her curiosity was sparked at his somewhat odd behavior. she wanted to know what made him different, but she would have to throw all worries to the wind in order to do so.

"Saint Augustine, what a royal sounding name. it fits you well, for your lovely white scales give off a rather royal glow that would demand the attention of any passerby."

Kawoni walked right up to him trying hard not to show any fear even though her instincts were screaming at her to run. she looked Saint right in the eyes and smiled.

"well Saint, you can call me Kawoni Lillian of the flower meadows, or if that is too much to remember, just call me Kawoni."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:42 pm

"...Of the flower meadows? So you are of the lands around here? Kawoni Lillian is a beautifully perfect fit for you,"

The Kalona watched Kawoni come closer, he himself almost flinched, only his family and Morana had come that close to him...most ran. Another sweet smile came, smaller as not to open his jaw at all. Scales? So that's what the things lining him were, perhaps she knew more about him than even he did. His white coat certainly had caught many eyes, none of which came as close as this mare did. Something inside his gut wrenched, he hadn't eaten anything yet that afternoon. A quiet rumble came next and Saint's pale ears shot back, embarrassed.

"Kawoni, would you mind if I joined you this afternoon? I haven't had anything yet today to eat and obviously my stomach has chosen this moment to voice it's concerns about that..."

Shyly he snorted, yes, perfect time for his stomach to make awkward noises. Lowering his head to the grass he started grazing, nibbling slower than normally at the grass. He had learned as a colt not to eat quickly, especially if he wanted to keep this down.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm
Kawoni jumped back, startled by the noise that came from Saint's stomach. for a second she thought that he himself was growling at her, but relaxed immediately when she realized that he was just hungary. her mouth dropped open when she saw him bend over and graze. she stood there for a few seconds before she dropped her head also.

"sure, you may join me."

Kawoni took a mouthful of grass thinking carefully on how to address him about his strange eating habits. she did not want to seem blunt or annoying, and most certainly did not want to anger him while he was still hungary. she decided to go with a casual, and light-hearted approach.

"you scared me for a second there when you said you were hungary. last time a Kalona asked me if i wanted to join them for a meal they attacked me and, well i almost was the meal."

she let out a little laugh as she took another mouthful of grass and glanced in his direction.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm

"A what? What's a Kalona?"

Saint's face instantly went pale, listening to how someone was almost a meal themselves. Did that mean that there were creatures out there that ate meat? And what did that have to do with him? He knew he was strange, different from his mother and siblings, but to eat meat? No, never. He was stunned and struggled to figure out the connection between himself and Kawoni's attacker. He tried to dodge the straining thought and merely calmed his reaction, gaining back the color in his face.

"I really don't know why anyone would try to eat you,"

He said, lowering his head down again to graze.

"You're rather nice."

The Kalona smiled kindly, cautious not to show his teeth and slowly continued grazing. The grass didn't settle well with his stomach but he pushed forward, he knew no other type of food source, at least not at this point in his life.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:59 pm
"why, um thank you."

Kawoni's heart skipped a beat at Saints last comment. she had been given many compliments throughout her life time, but something was different about this one. she shook her head and decided to save that thought for later. she needed to stay focused on the matter at hand.

Kawoni thoughtfully chewed her grass. it was possible that Saint did not know his heritage, thus the reason for his rather docile actions. some possibilities are that he grew up on his own and never encountered someone who could tell him about Kalona. another possibility was that he inherited the full-Kalona gene from one of his parents and they left leaving him with the other parents who thought it unwise to teach him savage ways. or maybe it was something different. Kawoni was intent on finding out the reason for the strange ways of Saint. she had to be careful though. she did not want to probe too far, or bring up bad memories that might chase Saint away from her.

"so you havent heard of Kalona eh? well to put it simple its a breed of Soquili, kinda like i am a Cerynei, you are a Kalona."

she smiled her most innocent smile at him hoping that he would take the bait.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 am

"Well yes, of course you're a Cerynei. My mother is just that, same as you."

With a grim look on his face Saint noted what this mare said, perhaps she had more answers for this world than he did. After all, she appeared to know what he was before even he did. It didn't surprise him, most people caught on to how different his appearance was verses his mother's or even his father's, but that didn't stop him from believing he was part of them. Despite conversations he had previously overheard his parents have about him, the stallion never once had bothered to look further into them. Shaking off the clear confusion that had managed to surface on his face, Saint merely took another bite of grass and continued their conversation.

"So that's what I am then. A Kalona. Well that can't be all that bad,"

Saint chuckled a bit while all the time thinking, why his mother hadn't mentioned before that he was this breed.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am
Kawoni looked at Saint thoughtfully.

"So your mother is a Cerynei like me. i see why you were so cautious when you first saw me. you must me aware of my breeds rather flightily manner."

she giggled. truly this was the opportunity of a life time. her she was talking to a Kalona as if he were Cerynei. Kawoni wanted to know more. she knew that she would never again have an opportunity like this.

"well you can relax, im not going anywhere. i have been around Kalona as much as you have been around Cerynei. i will say that i am rather surprised that you dont know more of your heritage, but if your mother was Cerynei then it makes total sense. she was probably just trying to protect you, and the people around you. i hope you dont mind me asking, but was your father Kalona, or was he Cerynei also?"

she stopped and watched as Saint ate the grass. she felt bad for him cause she knew that Kalona's ate meat and that the grass would not sit well in his stomach. if Saint's father was Kalona then he probably left the mother to raise saint alone. this is the only reason she could think of Saint not knowing of his heritage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 pm

"Yes, I am well aware..."

Saint paused, thinking about his mother's attitude towards life. He hadn't thought it was the breed she was that influenced that as much as possibly well, others around her. Needless to say, perhaps it was in fact her breed, being a Cerynei. That would explain a lot, but would that mean that he would be influenced by the breed his blood was cursed with? His heart was that of a Cerynei, like his mother, but the blood that coursed through his heart...

"My father?"

His brain paused, suddenly the image of Pariah entered it and all other thoughts escaped. Thinking for a moment he realized that only the truth would be suitable for this answer. Smiling he shook his head,

"I'm not sure who my father is. My mother....adopted me as a basket as far as I know. She's never told me but I have been informed by other sources that I am a full breed. Although I know nothing of them, I have heard..."

Saint thought for a moment about his encounter with the Unikalona mare and shook his head,

"I've heard nothing positive about my breed. The Stallion my mother had my...half-siblings with was Pariah. He's, from what my mother has said, a mutant."

He took another blade of grass and his stomach obviously stumbled over it, stopping himself from getting sick the stallion lifted his head high and then felt as the half-chewed grass slid down his throat again. It was disgusting but this was what his mother had taught him and his sister on, was there something different in this world that suited him more? Perhaps Kawoni knew better than he did about such things. She was a sweet mare, simple and extravagant. A even mix of both his sister's curious nature and strong desires, and his mother's calm and smart being. Saint stretched his wings for a brief moment before placing them back at his side and then went back to speaking, once all his food was settled again.

"So, I guess I know almost nothing about Kalonas then."

He laughed, shyly realizing that he might need to understand them better before he continued his life, living and not knowing was certainly not the answer.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm
after hearing Saint's story she looked him up and down. his glittering white scales and kind smile seemed to draw her in, but at the same time his fangs and horns held her at bay. there was a stirring in the pit of her stomach that seemed to do little flips. she thought for sure that it was caused by her natural fear for Kalona...but fear did not seem to be the right word to describe this feeling...was it something more?

"wow Saint, you truly are a marvel. a Cerynei in Kalona skin. you are a hope to all the lost souls out there who think they have to be bad just because of what they look like."

she gave him a big bright smile filled with joy. a marvel Saint was, but Kawoni could not help but wonder if it was do to his adopted parents that he was so kind and gentle. a thought popped into her head out of no were...

"Saint you have a great opportunity here! an opportunity to teach other Kalona and half-Kalona's to learn how to resist their anger and avoid violence! of-course i would start with your children. have Foals and raise them in a loving atmosphere were they know only the good that is in them and keep them away from such things as eating meat and unnecessary violence."

at this point Kawoni was so excited that the words were practically running out of her mouth. she stopped herself before anything truly bad was said and looked down at the ground blushing from embarrassment at her ramblings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:02 pm

"Everything is an opportunity. But yes, I suppose I could help others realize meat eating and bad behavior does nobody good..."

He grinned at her smile, holding back from releasing the large fangs he held within his mouth. Not every bit of him was a blessing, but his mother had mentioned blessings in disguise, perhaps that's what he was. Stopping the gentle sway of his spade tail Saint held himself in deep thought before speaking again, trying not to discourage the mare's obvious hope.

"Yes, I could teach my own foals such things as I have learned, but I can neither promise nor be surprised if not all of them follow such teachings. If I am a true Kalona, and they are as everyone says, then there's some natural instincts that both myself and my offspring would bare. I'm not sure everyone can be molded...and releasing such a animal into this world wouldn't be the best thing."

Collecting his thoughts he realized just how grown up he had sounded in that moment, how much his rational thought had become a day to day thing, compared to being a foal and being foolish with his sister. He smiled warmly at Kawoni, she was such a sweet natured mare. Her intent was all good, but the outcome of it all honestly did strike fear in him, rattling even the smallest of nerves. Laughing a bit he perked back up and stuck out his tongue in a playful manner,

"Not to mention...I'd need to have a mare that could withstand me and my Kalona looks..."

Saint's childish behavior again subsided and a serious tone caught him once more,

"...And mostly Kalonas stick to their own blood, and with that being said...and most breeds being fearful of us...I'd have to find a really nice Kalona."

Sarcastic tone filled the last few words that slipped out of his mouth. It was obvious from what he'd learned that most Kalona kept breeding amongst the purebreds and well, none of those were the kindest souls in the world.

Kyra Bloodborne

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm
Kawoni laughed at Saint's playful manner. a slight blush came to her cheeks as he was talking about having foals. she stuck her tongue playfully back at Saint.

"oh come on, nice Kalona's cant be that hard to find. i found you and i wasn't even looking."

she stopped and thought carefully what to say next. it was important that she picked the perfect words, for she was afraid that Saint might take her meaning the wrong way and leave her. Kawoni thought of what it would be like to see Saint turn and leave. for some reason the thought left her feeling lonely and longing for him to stay.

"i bet that you could catch any mare you want. you have a killer smile, no pun intended, and your scales give off an amazing glow in the light that would catch anyones attention. your wings are strong and well cared for, and your golden horns frame your face nicely. you hair is long and luscious. frankly i see no reason for anyone to not be attracted to you... including me."

Kawoni blushed a little at the last words that slipped out. realizing that she was blushing she quickly reached down and grabbed a mouthful or grass to hide her embarrassment. normally she was very good with words and talking to others, why was she now spurting out things that were meant to stay hidden in her head?

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff