Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Mythological AVIs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 pm
Posiedon_Neptune
Akherontis
Very nice, although it looks more like Triton than Poseidon (who never had a fish tail).

Well I was kind of going by the Percy Jackson description in the last book when Percy sees his dad (Poseidon) underwater. In that description he has a tail and Triton has 2. Though in that description Poseidon looks very old for his castle is being destroyed and he's in the middle of war but I made him seem younger. But, anyways thank you for the compliment and constructive criticism.

Poseidon and his wife, Amphritrite, also would have been able to grant Percy a warmer reception if they weren't stressed out from the war, itself, too![Triton is debatable though!]
They gave Theseus[or at least Poseidon and his wife did!] a warm and proper reception, but that probably has more to do with the fact they weren't in the middle of a massive war, then it does with everything else, regardless as to how they feel about him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 am
Javier Cross
Posiedon_Neptune
Akherontis
Very nice, although it looks more like Triton than Poseidon (who never had a fish tail).

Well I was kind of going by the Percy Jackson description in the last book when Percy sees his dad (Poseidon) underwater. In that description he has a tail and Triton has 2. Though in that description Poseidon looks very old for his castle is being destroyed and he's in the middle of war but I made him seem younger. But, anyways thank you for the compliment and constructive criticism.

Poseidon and his wife, Amphritrite, also would have been able to grant Percy a warmer reception if they weren't stressed out from the war, itself, too![Triton is debatable though!]
They gave Theseus[or at least Poseidon and his wife did!] a warm and proper reception, but that probably has more to do with the fact they weren't in the middle of a massive war, then it does with everything else, regardless as to how they feel about him.

Why are we talking about Percy Jackson? It's a bunch of lies, really. Apollon is not the older twin, Artemis is. Also, the story of the Golden Fleece is wrong, too. Europa and Cadmus were not children of Zeus, but rather Europa was abducted by Zeus, and Cadmus needed to go save her. If you follow Rick Riordan's lies, Mnemosyne does not approve.

And anyways, Amphitrite was extremely mad at Percy Jackson for the reason why Persephone was mad at Nico,  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:54 am
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
Posiedon_Neptune
Akherontis

Why are we talking about Percy Jackson? It's a bunch of lies, really. Apollon is not the older twin, Artemis is. Also, the story of the Golden Fleece is wrong, too. Europa and Cadmus were not children of Zeus, but rather Europa was abducted by Zeus, and Cadmus needed to go save her. If you follow Rick Riordan's lies, Mnemosyne does not approve.

And anyways, Amphitrite was extremely mad at Percy Jackson for the reason why Persephone was mad at Nico,

Pfft, Persephone had no right to complain. I don't see Hades running around with any beautiful princes, splitting them halfsies with Aphrodite and such.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm
Tut tut. Percy Jackson discussions belong in the Sibylla forum. Or on one of the hundred-odd Percy Jackson Guilds.  

Akherontis
Captain

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:12 pm
Akherontis
Tut tut. Percy Jackson discussions belong in the Sibylla forum. Or on one of the hundred-odd Percy Jackson Guilds.

Yes, sir.
Sorry sir. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:18 pm
Cinna-it
I was trying to go by the Percy Jackson description, and it didn't say what color hair she had. If it did say, it would be in The Titan's Curse, when percy meets Athena. I don't have that one, so somebody go check!

Yes, in Percy Jackson, Athena DOES have blonde hair. But for all I know, Greeks usually have blackish-brown hair and in the myths Athena has gray eyes. whee  

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:26 pm
Spottedteddybears
Cinna-it
I was trying to go by the Percy Jackson description, and it didn't say what color hair she had. If it did say, it would be in The Titan's Curse, when percy meets Athena. I don't have that one, so somebody go check!

Yes, in Percy Jackson, Athena DOES have blonde hair. But for all I know, Greeks usually have blackish-brown hair and in the myths Athena has gray eyes. whee

Are you to obtuse to ignore the posts above?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:54 pm
Sindavra
I made one of Ares:

User Image

Item List:
Outlaw Wolf Pup
Yama no Tamago 2nd Gen.
Courted Ruff
Infernal Spirit 4th Gen
Sincere Eloquent Tunic
Silver Prince's Rapier
Blade's Shirt
Blade's Brown Boots
Blade's Leggings
Picolitrosso's Urn
Spacefleet Wigs: Second Generation

and one of Poseidon:

User Image

Gogh Reed 9th Gen. 193,229 Gold
Blue Flame Shoes 325 Gold
Kelp o' th' Loch 2nd Gen. 56,678 Gold
Astronaut Suit 14,115 Gold
Water Puddle 50 Gold
Water Trident 3,517 Gold
Captain Ara's Nestegg 65,312 Gold
Pirate Sando's Vest 11,134 Gold
Pirate Sando's Vest 11,134 Gold
Black Wolf 22,000 Gold
Arrhh!! Seasick Coat 2,990 Gold

Thank you Lady Sindavra. ^_^'  

Javier Cross

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:07 am
Gah, did I just see bishonen Poseidon stealing Hades' gold????  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 pm
Dionysus or Bacchus

Why would your lord uncle steal your other lord uncle's gold, your highness? sweatdrop  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 pm
Javier Cross
Dionysus or Bacchus

Why would your lord uncle steal your other lord uncle's gold, your highness? sweatdrop

To make himself feel important.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:22 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
Dionysus or Bacchus

To make himself feel important.

How so?
Isn't Poseidon already important in himself?
Why would he not feel important, that he'd have to steal from his brother, his majesty of the underworld, who rules over Wealth, as well?  

Javier Cross

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Aphrodite

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 1,936,614 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
The Nightmare
Solar Sash
Beach Day
Mujaji
SDPlus #085 Adriana
Azuramella
Masterpieces
Doves
Flowing Flaxen Princess Locks

Hera
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 2,625,466 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Secret Retreat
Angelic Bracelet
Pride of Hera
Peacock Feather Fan
Gift of the Goddess
Masquerade
Actaeon's Blessing
Spartan Queen
Pride of Hera