I thought up a new thing that we all could do. I was thinking that every week, I will post a chapter from the book of the Bible, along some text references with them. And everyone can share their thoughts on these verses, posts other verses that has a connection to any verse of the chapter, post songs or poems, or post basically anything that has a connection to the chapter. I am planning to go through book by book. Also, I am not doing this for milage. It means about going through the Bible as quickly as possible. But to break the Word of God down and dig through His Word to find more food, more treasures in it.

This week's chapter is 1 John 1. Lord Willingly, we will complete 1 John by July 28th.

Quote:
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us wink

3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Text References:

Verse 1:

John 1:1, 4, 14 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

2 Peter 1:16 "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Verse 2:

John 1:1, 4, 18 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Romans 16:26, "But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"

John 21:24 "This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true."

John 16:28 "I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father."

Verse 3:

1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord."

Verse 4:

John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

John 16:24 "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

Verse 5:

1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."

1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

Verse 6:

1 John 2: 9 - 11 "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes."

Verse 7:

Isaiah 2:5 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

1 Corinthians 6:11 "And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Verse 9:

Proverbs 28:13 "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."

Romans 3:24 - 26 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

Psalms 51:2 "Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin."

Verse 10:

1 John 5:10 "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son."