Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Abandoning all she knew, Mafunde had decided to go on with her life. She haf always felt like the third wheel, her selfish actions nearly killing her sister, and probably Yanisin's true love. Her lies and deciet had cost them their home. Sure, they had built another one, but she was never satisfied. She had never forgiven herself. Even bearing four strong sons didn't seem to clean the taint that she deemed hidden within herself.

And so Mafunde walked. With the children gone, there really was no reason to be there anymore. She had left a paw mark, indicating she was alive, and left. She only hoped that the two of them would not look for her; they should spend their time together. How it should be.

With a sigh, the dark coloured lioness looked up to the moon above. The night was where she fit, and the night was where she would stay. "Where to go now?" she asked it, never expecting an answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm
Al-Hattal had no reason to wander besides a simple desire to do so, and never asked himself where he was going...because, really, he was never going anywhere in particular, and didn't care to do so. What he wanted was to explore, to see what he could see. Not have an adventure, though, no thank you! He didn't have even the slightest taste for danger.

Not that he didn't run into some, given his choice of lifestyle, but he wasn't one to go looking for danger just for the sake of it. Maybe for the sake of a pretty female.

...which was what he seemed to be headed towards. It was the splashes of white that caught his attention in the dark, and he ambled on in hopes of getting a closer look.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm
"Huh?" One white and one blck ear flicked as it picked up the rustling sounds of a stranger nearby. A slight feeling of panic gripped at her. Why had she been so foolish as to wander out aimlessly as night? Even if she enjoyed the embrace of the dark, there was always unseen danger lurking at every corner. Sure, she could see well enough in the dark, but it would never compare to the clarity of day.

"Who's there?" she asked firmly, a slight quiver in her throat. Her tail arched up slightly, the fight or flight responses tearing each other apart in her mind. What a foolish girl she must be indeed. Mafunde knew better than to put herself into this situation. She used to lecture her children about staying safe. So much for listening to her own advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:42 pm
It sometimes slipped his mind that in the dark, he could be hard to see, being black all over right down to his eyes. It took the lioness' question to remind him, resulting in a mental 'oops!' and a hasty pause on his part. It would be incredibly counterproductive to scare the lioness, that was for sure.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry," he said, revealing his position. "I didn't mean to sneak up on you, Miss. I often forget myself."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:57 pm
Her heart pounded faster when the lion revealed himself. He didn't seem threatening at all, but sometimes facing what you didn't know was more frightening than what the mind could conjure up.

"Ah," she breathed in, trying to calm her speeding heart. She wasn't sure if she should trust him right off the bad, but he seemed harmless enough. And respectful.

"It's...it's all right. I should have remembered that wandering in the dark of night is not always a smart thing, no matter how comfortable I feel in doing so." Her ear twitched for a moment as she attempted to pick up any more sounds. Finding nothing, she lowered her body slighty, feeling the tight muscles start to relax.

"But since I've already started the wandering, it seems even more foolish to find a den to sleep in. I wouldn't risk waking up a very unhappy creature, hm?" She couldn't help but crack a smile, chuckling at herself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 pm
Al-Hattal sat, finding that it tended to make him less intimidating. A strange, wandering male could be alarming enough in the daylight - in the dark, where he blended in, he could be even more so. Some found him handsome for his coloring, but there were also those who found it unsettling. It was a shame, really.

But this lioness was mostly dark, herself. "Poking around strange places in the dark can be hazardous, yes. I could keep you company, if that would help you to feel safer?"

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm
She eyed him, a little taken back by his statement. Well, it wasn't every day where you would meet a man to direct with his words!

"Well, perhaps for a time, though I'll admit I don't know a thing about you." She rustled at the ground a bit, settling down to sit in a comfortable position. "Mafunde is my name, if you'd like to start with the formalities." She offered a small smile, inviting only the idea of small talk for the moment. "Just a wanderer, not going in any direction at once. Letting the paws carry me is something new, and not entirely something I might be able to handle my entire life, but you never know anything until you try it."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:48 pm
"Ah. My apologies, again," he said, bowing his head. "It was not my intention to be forward. My name is Al-Hattal, or Al-Ha, if you prefer. I'm pleased to meet you, Mafunde."

"I'm a wanderer, as well," Al-Ha shared. "Though I have been for quite some time. I find myself unable to stay still for long."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:29 pm
Mafunde couldn't help herself, and she laughed. "I guess I stated that wrong," she said, feeling herself relax more as the conversation went on. Probably the only reason she was a bit nervous was because she was all alone. And even that was silly, of course she was alone now. She chose it to be this way. "I'm used to males being the more skeaky type. I didn't mean to try and insult you in any way."

Her tail curled around her forepaws as she sad, she looked at him with a different glance now. "It sounds like you were born for the role of a rogue," she said quietly. "Not that I envy you, but it's interesting to meet one that seems so content with their life like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:34 pm
"It's alright," he assured her, curling his tail around himself. "A lot of rogues like me don't make the best reputations for themselves, or for the rest of us." Although he could probably be lumped into the 'skeaky' category - polite and charming he might have been, but he did disappear in the morning.

"It suits some better than others, I suppose, but I like it. I go where I like, for the most part, do whatever I care to, and meet all kinds of creatures. Not that it's always fun and games, but life's that way anyway, really."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm
Her ears twitched at his comments. How interesting. "Perhaps I'll give it a try," she offered. "It seems like something I could at least dip my paw into for a little while."

Much better than waiting for her life to return. That was doubtful. Sometimes starting over was the best, even if it was painful.

She chuckled. "I guess I'm starting this wandering life with you. Since...well, it has been a very long time since I have talked to a stranger. It's quite a wild feeling, deep down. Not completely knowing someone, yet opening yourself up to them. I think I like it," she said, giving him a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 pm
Starting her wandering life with him, hmm? Al-Hattal liked the sound of that! Paired with a deep-down 'wild' feeling...well, who knew where that could get him? It all had a promising sound to it, that was for sure. "Even if it turns out to be not to your liking," he said helpfully, with no evidence of his train of thought, "You may find yourself a home along the way."

"Everyone needs someone to talk to, even if it's a stranger! And everyone has something a little different to say. It's one of the things I like most about being a rogue."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:19 pm
"Hm." She hadn't thought about the fact that a home might appear before her. "I won't be looking for a home, but I won't let myself completely forget about that." A new home wasn't really desired, if only because her original home had been so horrible. Most of it had been her fault, as she had been so fearful of her own death. Still, the idea of limiting herself...she would need to think about it.

She looked up at the stars above, glittering as they did every night, unchanging. Part of her wouldn't change, but a lot would. It was thrilling, if terrifying.

"Well, have anything else you'd like to talk about?" She offered to him with a smile. It would be a long night, but Mafunde would be pleased in the end.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games