Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Tools of Devotion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:41 am
Some of us , when we pray, are often in a seat- or standing, kneeling or laying flat on our faces. Some of us stand or kneel before a cross, others kneel or prostrate ourselves before an image of Jesus. Some of us use a rope with knots in it, knotted in a cross, some use beads on a string of rope and some use beads on a Rosary, to contemplate while in prayer and submission to Jesus. SOme of us have an altar at home, or an Icon Station, or a table of books and effects that we see or hear or hold to bring us closer to Him. Some of us light incense and candles, or a wick in a votive full of oil, some of us censer ourselves and family while in prayer, while others hide themselves in a closet to keep us in a place of solitude away from family to maintain or homage to the Holy One. Some of us read prayers which were written by Saints of long ago or taken from Sacred Scripture while others use Sacred Scripture itself to guide their prayer and some of us sue our hearts to lift up ourselves and others in prayer. Some of use do all this while some of us have only one devotion, yet it is enough to have us return again and again to His altar and lift ourselves upon it for Him every time we go to pray.

What is your practice while in prayer? Is it a family time or a quiet time within your home?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an icon station where I have icons, light incense and oil lamps and have my prayer rope and Liturgical Texts and Sacred Scripture in my devotion to Him. I also contemplate from the heart for the sake of my family and myself together and alone.

I pray the Jesus Prayer, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have mercy on me a sinner" unceasingly in my heart as often as I can focus while counting the knots on my Prayer Rope. I fall short daily but its a lifetime I have to learn inner, unceasing prayer.

I pray the Small Compline every night with my family and then we each say a prayer from the heart before bedtime. My children do some of the reading along side me but they are still very young. It becomes a family time and it strengthen us to be accountable to Him, as my daughters wil come to me and tell me to start "prayer time" while I am watching the television. I love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:20 pm
My Bible sits on the small table which also holds my radio and journals. I also have a prayer request journal sitting close by, where I keep requests that my friends or my church have written so I can pray specifically about those things. I also took a Bible to work, it sits on top of my comp tower. And that's about it.

I pray constantly, but it's more like speaking with a very intimate friend and mostly silently. I have no one designated spot for prayer, since I am so mobile...

Karumei

Clean Regular

Morgue Gol Gotha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I simply pray in my bed.
Before I fall asleep.
After I wake up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm
I don't really have a designated prayer place or any habits. I just start talking to him. Like, if I see a pretty, lucis blue sky, I just straight up say somethin like "That's really sweet. Thanks for showin' it to me. Must been fun to make."  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:59 pm
I have a cat-o-nine tails I use to flagellate myself with during prayer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 pm
Zahwomen
I have a cat-o-nine tails I use to flagellate myself with during prayer.

How stoic.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces