Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
I'm in The Market for an art tablet [Suggestions?] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Art Tablet?
yes
62%
 62%  [ 33 ]
What is that?
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
no I dont want one
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
no but I want one T_T
32%
 32%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 53

Flourpie

IRL Player

9,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm
Ok, I've heard about these art tablets. They seem interesting but I still don't really get how they work and what exactly they are capable of doing... And if you could give a usual price range for them. :0  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:30 pm
it really depends on what you're looking for. wacom is usually the best one to get for both beginners and experts. prices for wacom tablets range from about $99 to $1999. depending on what you get. obviously the more expensive the larger and more features it has. i personally use a hanvon tablet. it was cheaper and on sale. i'm happy with it  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Flourpie

IRL Player

9,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:03 am
Folken_Schezar
it really depends on what you're looking for. wacom is usually the best one to get for both beginners and experts. prices for wacom tablets range from about $99 to $1999. depending on what you get. obviously the more expensive the larger and more features it has. i personally use a hanvon tablet. it was cheaper and on sale. i'm happy with it

ok, thanks! How much was yours before the sale?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:59 pm
oh wow that was along time ago long before the bamboo line came out but i wanna say 80  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Flourpie

IRL Player

9,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:57 pm
ok thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:29 pm
Good luck on the search  

Copic-Kun

Supportive Browser

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:49 pm
Well I've always found Wacom Intuos to be very dependable. I've had an old Intuos 6"x8" for 5 years now, and she's still holding out well like a champ! However, I just bought a new desktop to include a 24" widescreen, so unfortunately it doesn't calibrate with the moniter too well. I bought a newer one; an Intuos3 6x11. It's great.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 am
I want an art tablet but there so expensive <_<  

ACDC1551

benakittie

Professional Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 am
Good Tablet, about $50

i have this kind and it's survived a lot of droppings. sweatdrop I'm kinda clumsy. Anyway it works really well and it's half the price of others. Really good if you're just beginning. I use it with Pixia and recently with SAI  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 am
the best one for a cheap price would be the bamboo fun tablet for i think 100 dollars. You get nib refill (3, usefull if u draw alot) and it has a lil touch thing you can zoom in and out with which is fun. You also get software. If you don't already have any which is just as good as the 600 dollar kind.  

Chibicat16

clocktock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 pm
I have a Wacom Intuos3 6x8. It does me well. If I got another tablet I wouldn't get anything but another Wacom.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:37 pm
GENIUS!!!!!

SO SIMPLE NO PAIN!!!!  

Grinsender-Damon

Driany

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:54 pm
oh, i've a genius mousepen 6x8 and is... is nice, i think... is very old (five years, almost) and i'm thinking in buy a wacom bamboo, but i'm not so sure... my mousepen has 1064 levels and bamboo has 512, but some friends told me that is a BIG difference between one and the other...

i think wacom is better, but i don't know, i would like to try one to see the difference =3. But genius is nice to begin to paint and is cheaper =3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm
I have an intuos3 6x8. It works great! If you could, go a bigger in size, but wacom does make really good tablets. It comes with software also, which is a big plus. I do not remember the exact price of mine, but it was somewhere between 100 and 200 dollars.  

A--Minty_Fresh--Mint

King Of Services

Ruthless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 pm
Get the Bamboo Fun.

It's $150-
It comes with Photoshop and Corel Essentials, so your all set up to draw,
Plus its from Wacom, so it's dependable.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff