They're quite nice
  Not really my style
  They're Ugly >.>
  I haven't decided yet
View Results

~Silantre~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:47 pm
Open - Wait Time: 0

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Contents

Post 2
What Can I Do For You?

Post 3
Rules

Post 4
Examples

Post 5
How to Place an Order

Post 6
Waiting List

Post 7
Tutorials

Post 8
Useful Links

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:50 pm

About Me
Okay here’s the deal, I get bored,, very bored. And it just so happens that one of my new favourite pass times is making profiles, the trouble is I’ve run out of mule accounts to present them on sweatdrop so I was wondering if anyone else would like to help me present my profiles by using one or having one created and customised for them?

Unfortunately I’m not very artistic in terms of drawing so any images I use on the profiles are not owned by me, which is why I can’t charge for them.

I am constantly increasing my CSS skills and I like to think I've come along way in the past few weeks just playing around with my own profile.

Why Should I Choose You?
Well firstly I'm free ^^ (though tips are nice =P). Even though I'm free I'm willing to give service after you have the code, and I'd be willing to update it / change it in the future to your liking. I also have quite a few skills when it comes to coding; hovering, invisible scrollbars, cursors ect.

Can I Ask You For Help?

Yup go for it ^^, please Pm me with any questions either about a profile I've made for you, or about other profiles you yourself may be working on. But remember I only know CLASSIC coding.

How Do You Do It?

I use photoshop for all of the picture editing and creating the background image
I use powerpoint to create some of the images
I use several websites to get items like cursors (link in 'Useful Links')
Most of the pictures I use will probably be from WoW Model Viewer, hence why I can't charge

How Much Is It?

FREE
(Although tips are nice as these profiles can take alot of work ninja )

How Long Will it Take?

Depending on the complexity of the design you'd require and of course depending on what I'm upto in real life can mean that the profile could take between 1 day and 1 week to be completely finished, but I should be able to tell you how long it will take when you place the order ^^

How Does This Work?

Well first off you fill out the order form at the bottom of the page (which has advice on how to fill it out above)
Then I will check over the order form and see if there is anything I need to ask you before I start
After that I will begin working on the profile, you can pm me at any time if you think you forgot to put anything on the order form
Once I have finished the profile I will send you a link a account I have with the profile on. If you are unhappy with anything, then would be the time to speak up!
If you are happy with the profile I shall then send you the code in a PM along with a small tutorial of how to set the profile up on your account if you requested it.

~Silantre~

~Silantre~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 pm

exclaim Follow Gaia TOS
exclaim Follow Gaia Rules & Guidelines
exclaim No Begging (It won't get a profile made faster)
exclaim No stealing images (ask first and I may let you, no I don't own the origionals but I may have spent an hour editing it)
exclaim No stealing profile coding or selling after I've given it to you (you cannot resell these profile codes as the images belong to other people)
exclaim Please do not quote long posts when replying
exclaim Please no spam in this topic, and leave bumping to me if the topic goes a few pages behind the front page
exclaim If the top says closed then please don't send any more requests as it means I'm currently making too many profiles
exclaim Please no flamming me on this thread if your profile breaks, or you don't like the finished result, PM me and I shall change it as required or help you fix it
exclaim I only work with CLASSIC profiles
exclaim I only make profiles for people using firefox
exclaim I will re-hand out previously created profiles unless specified on the order form
exclaim Do not ask me to make Flash profiles because I can't =(
exclaim Do not ask me to use pictures on your profile that may be innapropriate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 am

DragonHawk

Nexus

Black Floral

~Silantre~

~Silantre~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 am

There are many things I can change on profiles so it can turn out being as customised as you wish, which can make it difficult when you're trying to explain to me exactly what you want. Because of this, yes the order form is quite long, but common isn't it worth it for a FREE profile? 4laugh

Below is a list of different sections I am able to change and I give a few examples. If however you would like a section to be changed to something you have found yourself them just post the url in the appropriate section on the order form.

Cursors
Everyone likes to have an interesting cursor, and below are a few examples of different cursors I have found on different websites, feel free to find your own cursor however and post the url in the order form (note the cursor has to be in .cur format):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Colour Theme
A good colour theme is one of the key factors to making a profile look uniform and un clutterd. Below are a few examples of colour themes that can look really nice together on a profile. If however you would like to choose your own colour scheme then you can use this website: to choose the colours and post them in the order form (I would suggest having 4 colours maximum):

Profile Theme
This section is basically what you want your profile to be all about. how you tell me to do this bit will alter the profile greatly. Below are some examples of different themes you might choose:
-Dolphins
-Naruto
-Woodland
-Warcraft
-Waterfalls
-City Scape
-Lord of the Rings
-Elvis

Background Image
The background image of a profile is very closely related to the profile theme, however you may want a specific picture used in the background, or you may want a pattern instead of an actual picture.

Profile Content
This is an important part of the order form for getting exactly what you want by choosing which sections appear on the profile. Note that if all sections are kept then the profile will either look clutterd or need to be really really big =P.

Other Specific Pictures to be Used?
Okay this is where the personalisation can come into play, if you have a picture you want on the profile then just paste the url into this section. It may also be advisable to explain how you want the picture to be used if you're fussy =P.

Other Comments?
Well if I've missed anything else out above then list it here, anything at all. Say if you wanted the multimedia to be a certain height for example, or to the left of the screen rather then the right.

[b]username[/b]:

[b]colour theme[/b]:

[b]cursor[/b]:

[b]profile theme[/b]:

[b]background picture[/b]:

[b]profile content[/b]:
[size=9]friends
wishlist
equipped items
comments
about
add button
trade button
ignore button
message button
multimedia
journal[/size]

[b]Would you like the tutorial on setting up the profile once you have your code?[/b]:

[b]Will you allow me to use the code I created for you with other people?[/b]:

[b]other specific pictures to be used?[/b]:

[b]other comments?[/b]:

If you're not sure about any section or can't decide, just put,, 'you decide' into the spce.

Example

username:
~Silantre~

colour theme:
Number 11

cursor:
you decide

profile theme:
Naruto

background picture:
http://www.examplewebsitehere.com

profile content:
friends
comments
about
add button
trade button
ignore button
message button
multimedia

Would you like the tutorial on setting up the profile once you have your code?:
No thanks

Will you allow me to use the code I created for you with other people?:
no

other specific pictures to be used?:
http://www.examplewebsitehere.com
(Please could you put this picture in the top right)

other comments?:
I would like the multimedia to be big and be the main focus of the profile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:38 am

Profiles currently being created:

Profiles finished:

~Silantre~

~Silantre~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:44 am
These tutorials are short and simple, the screenshots were taken and put together by me. And note that I always work on CLASSIC so these may well be useless for anyone using a current / V2 profile.

The basics of setting up a profile for a code

Setting up your multimedia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:51 am
A list of links I've found useful when creating profiles. Note that some of the links lead to sites that are off Gaia!!!!

Links Off Gaia

Colour Codes
CSS Code Colour Chart

Cursors
Cursors-4u

Links On Gaia

CSS Tutorial
Kahime's Guide

Multimedia / Playlists
o0NeMo0o's Guide

Profile Rating
(Good place to look for profile ideas)
Rate The Profile Above You Page

~Silantre~

~Silantre~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 am
reserved 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:03 am
reserved  

~Silantre~

58: The Cat Band

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers