Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
General Q&A Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm
Do you have a question that's too small to generate a full discussion and don't want feel it's necessary to create a thread? Then, this is the place for you!

All you have to do is post your question, no matter how small; and someone will come along and answer you!

(Asking and answering questions is open to all guild members).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 am
Thanks for making the thread! ^^ I needed this for all of the random questions that hit me while I'm surfing around the guild.
Anyway, I'm always looking for candles to represent the god & goddess, but I've only heard of using gold and silver as the colors. I imagine you guys all know how hard gold and silver candles are to find. >.< I was wondering, can anyone suggest replacement colors for god & goddess candles?  

Atrum_Anima

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:35 pm
Depending on what time of year it is (and if you follow the Wheel of the Year) you could use candles that represent the phase that the God or Goddess is in. The other thing too is that while using something that has "years" of symbolism built into it is good, you can always use something else that you feel is representative of them as well. I actually use crystals to represent the God and Goddess on my altar. (I admit I'd rather have statues, but haven't been able to find ones that I like yet - so the crystals are what I have to make do with).

If you really want to use Gold and Silver - wait til around Christmas time (or just after when everything is on sale) - there should be lots of gold and silver candles - also if you check the wedding supplies section of Walmart (or craft stores), they will have Gold and Silver candles.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm
too2sweet
Depending on what time of year it is (and if you follow the Wheel of the Year) you could use candles that represent the phase that the God or Goddess is in. The other thing too is that while using something that has "years" of symbolism built into it is good, you can always use something else that you feel is representative of them as well. I actually use crystals to represent the God and Goddess on my altar. (I admit I'd rather have statues, but haven't been able to find ones that I like yet - so the crystals are what I have to make do with).

If you really want to use Gold and Silver - wait til around Christmas time (or just after when everything is on sale) - there should be lots of gold and silver candles - also if you check the wedding supplies section of Walmart (or craft stores), they will have Gold and Silver candles.

Thanks for the reply. ^^ I'll be on the look-out for things I can use to represent the God and Goddess.  

Atrum_Anima

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 pm
Hey, maybe someone will be able to help.

OK, I was reading up on PK articles becaseu psychokeneis, that's just amazing... ... and i found an artcle wile looking for Cyrokenesis what I'm mostly interested in, and I found an article about using PK to distort radiowaves. Which got me thinking. If I was to distort a radiowave so far up/down the Electromagnetic spectrum could I, in essence, broadcast the color blue?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:42 pm
Ephemeral Lazarus
Hey, maybe someone will be able to help.

OK, I was reading up on PK articles becaseu psychokeneis, that's just amazing... ... and i found an artcle wile looking for Cyrokenesis what I'm mostly interested in, and I found an article about using PK to distort radiowaves. Which got me thinking. If I was to distort a radiowave so far up/down the Electromagnetic spectrum could I, in essence, broadcast the color blue?

In theory I guess. But you'd be doing more than just pushing the wave, you'd need to change it from energy to light.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:01 pm
Atrum_Anima
Thanks for making the thread! ^^ I needed this for all of the random questions that hit me while I'm surfing around the guild.
Anyway, I'm always looking for candles to represent the god & goddess, but I've only heard of using gold and silver as the colors. I imagine you guys all know how hard gold and silver candles are to find. >.< I was wondering, can anyone suggest replacement colors for god & goddess candles?

Gold and silver candles aren't that hard to find if you live in the city. I usually see them when I visit Hobby Lobby, but they are large tapers and they are often also a bit pricey (relative to other tapers). You can also sometimes find them in random gift/card shops that carry knickknacks for the home (as they typically have a candle section that includes tapers). Another possibility is ordering silver/gold tapers online from a pagan business; they'll also carry smaller tapers of the 3-4" variety. Buy 'em in bulk and it isn't always too expensive. I have not bought candles online in this way though, so I don't have a site recommendation for you.

I'm not a follower of the Lord and Lady, but if I was, I'd probably simply substitute a yellow candle (a solar color) and a white candle (a lunar color). wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:50 am
It seems I've hit a major "psychic stall" I guess you could say. Between Oct 2009 and lets say April 2010 I've been experiencing major psychic, I guess you could call it phenomena. I'm talking stuff from the regular precognition to spirit sightings to actual telpathy, but it seems since summer started it's all kinda just gone away. The most I've gotten since June was knowing a baby was going to throwup because the peice of cake it had in its throat was to big to just cough out, but that could've been a random guess or instinct. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has had these lulls/stalls before and how they got back on track without having to start all over?  

_S i i lent x s k ieS_

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:22 pm
It should get back, nothing is permanant, so just don't worry, you could dampen your ability by worries of it's sudden absence. It'll pass.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am
Ok, I'll try not to think about it. Thanks for the advice! =)  

_S i i lent x s k ieS_

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:06 am
Um, not sure how much help you guys can be but you never know...

My friend downloaded fonts from a font site, and asked if I'd like anything, I told her to search for theban, which she found and sent to me. I'm not trying it out in word and it's easy to used except that... Well, I don't know what button will make a full stop. Does theban even have a full stop? Every time I try to use the normal one it changes the font to theban. Other than that the font is lovely and will make reading the script much easier over time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:04 pm
there is a stop in theban.
Most online scripts I looked at don't have it but, it' the ending piece at the bottom.
User Image

it looks like a flatter H with a 3 underneath, and straight ended P underneath.

I'm not sure if it's a recent addition to the script or if people are just odd though..  

iy8970970607

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm
Hmm, that's interesting. I think I've also found a symbol like that which was for the space in between words. Okay then, thank you! I'll try and see if the font has that symbol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:12 pm
Hey guys, I was in an very heated and irritating discussion where I was proved wrong multiple times, and painting, and I looked down after seeing a bright light and my aura was very visible. Bright. I normaly have to concentrate and focus to see them but itwas Poof there it is. and it was visible for a long time. I hade two main colors on the outside. A Meduim tone Purple and a Bright Pink. sperate layers bu on the outside. Purple being more close.

Any ideas as to what the color combo means?

Thanks. ^^  

iy8970970607

Together Again

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 am
Hello, I was wondering if I could get an answer to this question I have.

When I was younger I was told that you should not buy your own tarot deck and that someone else should buy you your first deck. It was many years ago and I have forgotten the theory as to why someone else should buy you your deck. I have been rather hesitant in buying a deck since then and I will not buy one until I am absolutely sure.

I am sorry if I missed info on this somewhere in the guild. I looked through the tarot guide and saw nothing that stated the statement above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games