Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Have you ever gotten told your not a Hippie? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm
Sorry if this is long. I have today gotten said to I'm not a Hippie. After weight lifting. By my own parents. They said I used to be a nice clean cut(hair) kid. And they said something like when we mvoed here I started wanting long hair and started thinking I am a Hippie. Your not born a Hippie, I know. You discover if you are or not based on how you act and your personality. I now have long hair and they think that is the reason why I think I am Hippie. They also said the majority of Hippies do drugs. And you guys know me well enough by now that I don't smoke anything. I joke about it sometimes because there isn't nothing else to do, but who doesn't or hasn't at some point in there life? Here is a list of reasons why I beleive I am a Hippie.

1.) I love America, but I hate our Government because they tax a lot of stuff and in the long run that can end up to losing your house or going backrupt from not having enough money. They don't help people when they need it. And they don't give homeless people a house or a decent house to live in or offer them jobs. Because they don't care and that is really screwed up.

2.) And the music I listen to. Rock and 60s' and 70s' music. 98% of Hippies listen to that stuff. I have always had a love for that music since I was young because my dad started playing Deep Purple when I was only 3 or 4 like all the time which started me liking Classic Music whihc most Hippies listen to.

3.) VW buses. I don't know why, but I have always had an obsession with them because they have a cool interior and outerior. Most Hippies have those.

4.) I beleive I am a Hippie and that's all that matters. Someone can't tell you that your not something you beleive, and even sometimes, know you are.

5.) I love everything and love people for who they are because I beleive everyone has a soft, loveavle side to them. So I don't look at someone and immediately say "oh, well he dresses like a gangster, so he/she probably is." No, maybe those are the only clothes he/she has to wear. And just because they look like something, doesn't mean they are. I mean seriously. I have met a ton of people who look mean, but got to know them and some of them turned out to be best friends of mine. I love people for who they are.

6.) Peace is something we all want, especially Hippies. But a lot of people don't like us because we haven't given up and trying to achieve World peace. Especially me.

7.) I am always funny and serious almost all the time. Most Hippie are like that.

8.) I am usually calm because I never leave me room or are doing something to amuse me. Most Hippies are like this.

9.) I laugh a whole dang lot, you guys know this. Hippies also do this.

10.) I wear the clothes I like and listen to the music I like. Most people associate Hippies with wearing Tye-Dye and smoking pot all day. STEREOTYPE! Hippie wear what they want and listne to what they want. I've seen Hippies that don't wear tye-dye but rock shirts and stuff.

11.) I help others when they need help. Hippies do this.

12.) I am super rebellious and so are most Hippies.

See, all this stuff relates to how I am and how I act. So how can't I not be a Hippie? It really upsets me when people say to me, especially family, that I'm not a Hippie. I can go on and on about what Hippies do all day that I also do.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 pm
User Image
I totally believe you are a hippie.
Just by the reasons you gave me.
I stopped at no. 4 because I already believed you.

Anywho, I've been told I'm not a hippie before. Not face to face with a human being, by a computer. I took a quiz called 'Are you a hippie?' and it said "You're not a hippy jus cause u think u r bcause u do drugs". I mean what the heck?! You don't know the real me! D:<

I think I'm a hippie because of your statements. It's basically the same thing you wrote out so I'm not going to be repetitive.

Dr Magical Mystery

5,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 am
I've never had that problem, people usually accept me for who I am. I am commonly asked if I am a hippie. There really aren't any restrictions or rules to be a hippie, the most important thing is to be yourself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:07 am
iWoodstock
I've never had that problem, people usually accept me for who I am. I am commonly asked if I am a hippie. There really aren't any restrictions or rules to be a hippie, the most important thing is to be yourself.

YES! You summed it up there.
I think you should stop trying so hard to conform to something. If that's who you say you are, then by all means, be who that someone is.
You need to be at peace inside yourself. Only then can you start shining peace everywhere you go.

I was once told by someone "You just have this aura around you. I just feel peaceful whenever I'm around you"
Isn't that what you should want people to say, as opposed to calling you a poser?  

PsychedelicDreams

PsychedelicDreams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:08 am
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
-Kurt Cobain  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:09 am
Well, some people are easily classified as a Hippie opposed to others. Like me, people usually outside my family associate me with being a Hippie OR being a Rocker. But I don't see the difference between them two. Hippies like Rock so, shouldn't they be a Hippie? Or Hippie or Rocker? Or both? And, people ask me if I'm a Hippie too outside of my family and of the computer sometimes. My friends, and you guys, are really the only people who accept me as a Hippie or beleive that I am one. And people who don't, well, that's whatever. They think what they want to beleive, but what they really want to beleive, isn't what is beleivable because it's not right. I told my mom when she said she is sick of me thinking I am a Hippie "Well, you think I'm not, and that's fine. But I know what I am and you can't change what is the fact to what you want to be the fact." or something along those lines, I forgot, lol.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kustom Klyde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:30 am
I've actually only been called a hippie maybe once or twice. At the time I had really long hair. At the moment it's short. (Gets sticky hot here in MN.) Mostly I've been looked upon as that peace wanting religous guy or the guy that wants the world to go green. Funny thing is hippies are peace loving, save the world kind of people. At least I believe most are that way. Their also very patriotic. They love their country, but maybe disagree with the countries politics. John Lennon was like this. Yet never heard of him being labeled as a hippie. A rebel maybe. Hippie isn't just about music or use of drugs. That's a stereotype the world has put on them. Just be yourself. Live, love & be happy. Don't worry about labels. Labels really aren't my thing. If you say you're a hippie I believe you. Put on some Zepplin, or Hendrix, love everyone & show others how to give peace a chance.

Peace smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am
THANK YOU! That is exactly what I am trying to say!  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 pm
"you don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. you are what you are!"
- john lennon

i don't label myself as anything at all really.
i'm a person.
a person who likes art and music.
i dunno what else to call myself.
even at school kids have a hard time giving me a label.

but people have commented on my philosophies of life.
the word hippie has been mentioned a lot.
haha. C:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 pm
If you donate 1k+ I'll put your avatar on my page!
User Image
Donators:
Duamutef-1K
User Not Authenticated-3k

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@ Teh Ushi-ness
Yeah, my story is pretty much the same as yours. wink

~Experience Life~

Nen Echui

Angelic Seeker

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 pm
PsychedelicDreams
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
-Kurt Cobain
One of many good quotes by Kurt Cobain. A fantastic person who will always be my hero.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:25 pm
It sucks he shot himself. Very sad. Just wonder how different the world would be like if he was still alive.

And I have A LOT of my own quotes. One involving this subject, don't know if you have read it or not in my other post.

"You are what you beleive you are, and what people want people to
beleive about you, isnt the beleiviable, because it's a lie. - Brandon Athey, Thursday July 2nd 2009" I edited it.

Another

"Beleive what you are is who you are, because that's all that matters. - Brandon Athey, Thursday July 2nd 2009." <--I like this one.

Btw, Brandon Athey is my real name.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

inertiatics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 am
I got told a hippie once because of the music I listen to. I thought it was silly that they said that. They also said because of the way I dress, I dress differently every day, I just wear what I like. Apparently, my musical taste and fashion sense is far too open minded for me to be for world peace and such. rofl (In other words, I deeply agree with #10.)

Just be who you are. Who cares what other people say?
If you consider yourself a hippie, then you're a hippie. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:01 pm
iWoodstock

^ Just what I was going to say.
There are no points into being a hippie, you don't need to do anything certain as you have listed.  

winter rat

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:44 pm
Well, that's what I read somewhere about what a Hippie is and most of the stuff related to me.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff