Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP]Can you teach me? (Viraj and Blake)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 pm
User Image
After meeting the other wind filly, Blake had really started to work on his flying. He could hover a couple feet off the ground and move a couple feet in each direction. It was getting higher than that and staying up in there were his problems. Plus when he finally got up there, how was he supposed to land? Was he just supposed to…fall? Maybe that’s what they all did and they just somehow landed on their hooves. Maybe….Probably not. Well he’d never know until he tried, right?

He found a nice big clearing, that was empty so no one could watch him make a fool of himself, and started flapping his wings. As usual, he got up to his couple feet but then he urged himself up more. Okay, not bad….Now how do I go forward? He leaned forward and flapped his wings hoping it would move him forward. But that only took him higher. “Arrrghh. How do these stupid things work??” The dark colt made the mistake of stopping his flapping wings to look at one, as if that would solve all his problems. And he just dropped out of the sky and onto the ground. “Owww,” he groaned as he rolled on to his back. Looking at his wing once more, he glared at it. “This is all your fault.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:50 pm
User ImageA low rumble of a laugh escaped the chest of the large kalona, his lip curled back to reveal pointed teeth. Rather than looking menacing, he only looked incredibly amused, having just witnessed the attempted flight of the not-so-graceful colt.

"Well, can't win 'em all, can we?"

Ambling up to the child, Viraj let out a light snort, practically emanating casualness. Nothing about him suggested he would pose any sort of danger, and if the kid was perceptive at all, he'd pick up on his energy. Wasn't his thing, anyway; harming kids, that is. Didn't see any point. Kids were... pure. Maybe not always innocent, but they were pure the majority of the time.

This one was just funny.

He wouldn't tell him how long he had been watching, not quite feeling up to humiliating the boy just yet. Instead, he unfurled his great, leathery wings, letting them blot out the sun that was looming over his shoulder. He cast a large shadow over the colt, and it stretched far.

Coolly and airily, he asked, "Having trouble flying, kid?"

Logue

Fluffy Pup

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 pm
((I'm gonna make it so they know each other from the OOCs we've done. Skips going through introductions again xP))

Blake jolted at the sound of another voice, a much deeper one. He was still on his back so the kalona that approached him was upside down in his eyes. "No. I don't know what you're talking about. You're seeing things, Viraj." The dark colt flipped himself over and looked up at the larger stallion. It figured HE would be watching when he made a fool of himself. Now he'd just get laughed at for sure.

"I can fly just perfectly. A bug flew in my face, that's all." He looked away and then at his wings again. Maybe something was wrong with him. A wind that couldn't fly? His sister would probably laugh at him. And he didn't want to be grounded for his entire life, stuck with his crazy sister! He had to be able to fly!

Finally getting his his feet, he wandered away from Viraj a bit. Not like he could practice anymore with him around. "What are you doing here anyway? There has to be better things to do than watch me fall out of the sky," he commented as he looked back at the kalona over his shoulder. "Some bunnies to catch for dinner, or something." He grinned a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:19 pm
Raising his nose a bit, he huffed lightly into the air, subtley teasing the boy's behavior. "Maybe. I saw a couple rabbits on my way here. If I'd followed them, I'm sure I would have run into the mother eventually."

When Blake had walked away a bit, he took this as an invitation to follow, wings folding carefully to his sides. Watching the colt carefully, he gave his head a light shake, understanding the awkward first few years with wings. Somehow, although they were a blessing, they were also a bit of a curse until one learned to use them properly.

"Not all are born with the instinct to fly," he mused, pawing absently at a small group of daisies. He merely brushed his hoof over them, letting them bounce back up once they had been forced back. "For some, it takes a while. Experience. Practice. You only need to practice."

With this, he unfurled one wing, flapping it a couple times. "You seem to be able to get in the air, so that's a start. What you have trouble with is actually flying, right?" Snorting, he added, "Want me to teach you?"

What he wanted to ask was, 'Where is your father or mother to be doing this?', as he didn't know which had the wings, if not both, but he decided not to step into those waters yet. He planned on one day taking the kid under his wing completely, but he felt today wasn't the day.

Some casual flying lessons wouldn't hurt anything.

Logue

Fluffy Pup

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm
Blake just stared off into the distance, waiting for the laughing or the lecture about how he was a disgrace to his kind. Want me to teach you? His head snapped up and over to look at Viraj. "Y-you want to help me? ...Really?" This came as such a shock to him because no one had ever offered to help him with anything before. Not that he really needed help with anything. He'd always mostly been independent and did stuff for himself. His mother was usually watching Toxi anyway, making sure she didn't do dangerous things because of her...'problem'.

That left his dead beat dad who hadn't shown his ugly face since he'd gotten his mother pregnant. No word about him, no nothing. He was the one that should have been here asking to teach his son how to fly. "Sure. I'd like that...I'm still convinced these things are broken," he said as he flapped his wings. "But maybe you can help fix them for me." The colt smiled up at his new teacher and for once thought that maybe this was what it was supposed to be like, having a father around.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:32 pm
"There's nothing to it."

Well, alright. He had something to do for the day. He wasn't sure what this meant, him being around to help the boy like this, but he felt it wouldn't be the last time they crossed paths. However, this was... alright. It was alright. He didn't mind coaching the foal on flying. He didn't mind being there for him every now and then. Kind of like a...

He shook his head, coming back from his thoughts. He would treat his time with the colt as training of his own, to prepare himself to deal with his little army once it was born. And it wouldn't hurt to have fun every now and then, either.

Flapping his wings a couple times, he took a few steps back, nodding once to Blake. "Watch me, and do as I do."

With that, he took several long, powerful strides, spreading his wings. Once he was certain he had gained enough momentum, he began to flap them in short, strong bursts, kicking off the ground. His wings held his weight and caught the wind, and soon he was up in the air, flying in a tight circle.

Coming back around, he came to a steady landing next to Blake, shaking his mane out of his eye.

"There. It's all about the run and the timing. Now, you try."

Logue

Fluffy Pup

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 pm
Blake backed up a couple steps to give himself room to run and looked up at Viraj. "You're not allowed to laugh if I fall again." Letting out a breath he started running and spread his wings out, flapping them to catch the wind like he did when he would hover. They caught and he was gliding through the air. He almost squealed in delight. Almost. He flapped his wings and he rose a bit higher. It was amazing, feeling the wind in his short little mane and it snapping his small tail as he flew.

Of course it didn't matter to him that he'd just been flying straight, he didn't know how to turn so when a tree started getting closer, he panicked. "Woah tree, tree! How do I turn?!" It was too late. He figured he had two options. He could run into the tree or drop. He chose option two. The colt halted in mid air, wings stopped flapping and he dropped down to the ground in front of the tree. He had been up a lot higher than he had been the first time he fell and he was sure feeling this fall a lot more than the last one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 pm
Viraj winced, watching the poor colt fall to the ground like a swatted fly. Hehe, whoops; maybe it would have been a good idea to teach him how to turn, as well? Well, too late for that. His throat gave rise to a chuckle, which he quickly stifled, not wanting to anger poor Blake even more. He knew the frustrations of learning to fly.

Trotting over, the stallion nudged Blake with a hoof, his usual way of caring, but not showing he cared very much. It was for their own good, after all, that he keep his distance from the colt. Shaking his head, he snorted quietly.

"That... was my bad. I should have told you how to make turns in the air." There was only a sliver of apology in his tone, yet he continued to look nonchalant. "Once you're in the sky, turning is as simple as, say, turning in the water. You angle your body the way you want to turn, and use your wings to aid the movement. If you are successful, you'll be able to make a turn in the sky without falling." Unfurling his wings again, he placed his hooves firmly on the ground, leaning a bit to the side and allowing his body to curl with the gesture. "Like so. Think of your body as a unit; do not think of you wings as being separate, beating instruments, but rather, your entire body being your wings. It takes your whole body to fly properly, but once you have it, it feels as if you, yourself, are the air."

Moving back to his normal position, he flicked the boy's side gently with his tail. "Do you want to try again?"

Logue

Fluffy Pup

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces