[PRP] Crossed Paths (Altair and Makhi) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 pm
How many days had it been since he had left his pride behind? How long had it been since he had seen his family? He felt an ache of homesickness start in his chest but pushed it away, trying not to think of it. Why should he miss them when they did not miss him? If he returned there they would kill him and they had every right to do so. He had turned upon his brother for the love of a sneaky, conniving female.

He had dirtied his paws and the life he had once lived was now behind him. Far, far behind him.

The lands he trod upon now were new to him, untravelled despite being a rather world-savvy male. He came here for the reason that unknown lands were safe lands. For if he did not know them than neither did his brother and he often had dreams of Hala catching up. Slaughtering him.

He slept with one eye open and cast glances over his shoulder every now and then as if expecting to see the male mid-pounce, intent on murder. He sighed, long and hard and paused to look down at his forepaws, the claws worked blunt from so much travel. He was tired. He wanted rest. Wanted to sleep without fear. He knew what he needed but was afraid of finding it. He needed comnpanionship. He needed to be with others. Being alone was slowly but surely whittling him away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:04 pm
At first sight of the dark furred male, Makhi was positive that she had been out in the sun and heat of her new home for too long. Her eyes were certainly playing tricks on her... But... As she continued to stare, the form remained firm, treading along the sands, and light grass entering the borders of her pride land.

Not long ago, the female had given up her search for both Altair, and those who had birthed her. She had met Ilori, who had taken her in as a sister. And she had birthed him cubs, so he, and his male mate, Sepoko, could have the family they so badly wanted. Makhi was a sister, and an 'aunt' here. So she had decided to remain, and live this new life, becoming a Guardian of these lands to protect her new family.

She was still as kind, and self-sacrificing as ever...

She had been out on patrol when she caught sight of him, and duty was quickly forgotten, for once. Leaping down from her perch, she ran to catch up to him, slowing when she neared, to avoid alarming the large male. Ever since they had met... she had been unable to get the tortured male out of her mind. But he had been impossible for her to find. He may not even remember her...

" Altair... " She called softly when she was close enough to hear, mercury eyes roaming his form. He looked no better rested than when they had first met... Had he ever stopped running..? A worried frown was quick to spread across her lips.

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Ah, what a sight for sore eyes! Was it truly her? The lioness who had been there when he had awakened from bad dreams? The one who had protected him when he had been so vulnerable in rogue lands?

He knew her name. Makhi. And she was as beautiful and golden as she remembered. But this time she wore bangles. Beautiful bangles that enhanced the pretty shades of her fine pelt. What did this mean? Had she found home near here?

He drew to a halt, lifting his head to look at her and, after a moment, threw her a smile. "Makhi." And she had remembered his name, too. His heart grew warm to think that not everyone so wished to forget him. "It has been a long time. How do you fare? You certainly look well."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:42 pm
The frown was quick to be replaced by a smile as she heard her name from him. He remembered her? Her heart fluttered with joy as she stepped up closer to him. " Yes, it has been too long.. I have.. been worried for you. " She said softly, to let him know he had been in her thoughts. Actually, he had not left them for long periods of time. She often caught herself wondering if he was alright. If he was sleeping well, eating right. She was sad to see her worries justified in his tired form.

" I am well. I have been accepted into a strong, peaceful pride here. We are just on the border of it now. I met a male, Ilori. He is very kind. He has accepted me as a sister. He's the first kind of family I've ever had. " She said with a soft smile.

" Yourself, Altair...? How.. have you been? When you let so suddenly... I tried to look for you.. For many seasons, until I found Ilori, and committed to helping him start a family... " Only when she had found someone who could greatly use her help had her search ended. She had considered leaving. Going off in search once more. But... She liked it here.

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:04 pm
She had been worried? Truly? "I'm sorry if I worried you. It wasn't my intention. I just wished to save you trouble, that is all." He paused, lifting both ears. She was part of a pride now? Maybe that explained the jewellery. He was glad, however, for it seemed she had a good life in the pride, along with one who called her family. Yes, a good life indeed.

"I am very happy for you, Makhi. It seems you have found a good home here and good friends to share it with." Though he had to say he was a little confused. She was helping this Ilori to start a family? Was he no longer brother to her? Was he more mate? He felt a pang of jealousy which he thought odd, but pushed it away.

"Me? I have been well enough. Tired from travelling but still alive. That at least, is something to be thankful for. Will the pride mind me being so close? I don't wish to cause trouble."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:13 pm
" Oh, no, no, quite the opposite! " She said quickly, not wanting him to leave, again. She had looked for so long, only to finally have him stumble across her... " The pride is very accept to travelers... There are many guards, like myself, to keep trouble at bay, and watch over the land, so we have no need to keep anyone out. " She said softly as she stepped closer to him. " Would you... Would you like to come into the land with me? You'll be safe here.. I promise I will watch over you again. "

She could see it... He really never did stop running. She wanted so badly to protect him. To see him rested.. and happy. She gave him a hopeful smile, head tilting a bit. " My den is toward the middle of the land. It's just me there, so you wont have to worry about being disturbed. You can rest, out of the sun... "

She wasn't sure he would accept the offer. But she very much hoped he would. Hoped he would believer her that this land was safe, and secure. He wouldn't have to run...

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:17 pm
"Well, if you are quite certain, I would be honoured." He moved towards her and allowed her to lead them, his eyes darting nervously about him. He forced himself to calm a moment later, knowing he should trust her. She was a friend. Perhaps his only friend.

"You are too kind, do you know that? Protecting me from harm. I should be the protector and yet, somehow that never seems to be." He smiled.

"Tell me, what are these lands like, Makhi? Are the bangles you wear a tradition?" He indicated the jewellery about her person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:37 pm
" They are a very spiritual group. " She said softly, smiling as they made their way deeper into the land. They passed more Guardians, but he was only given a curious glance, since he was traveling with her. They were not stopped by anyone. " It is like a large family. Every member of the pride is important, and protected. We live peacefully, and are happy with what we have. We do not seek out conflict. We simply protect ourselves should the need arise. " She said softly, knowing it would be unfamiliar to him, coming from clans that actively sought conflict and death for their own purposes.

" Worship to the gods is important here. As is the documentation of history. My brother, Ilori, is a scribe here. One of the ones taught to document things. " She said, giggling a bit at they reached her den, a small cave. There were odd markings covering the walls of it. " He decided to write upon my home, one day, just before I gave birth to his and Sepoko's children. "

" Please. Come in. " She smiled, stepping forward into the cool darkness. " I am a Guardian here. A warrior, and protector of the pride. The bangles are indeed a traditional style for the pride, but not really a tradition. I find them to be practical. If I end up in battle, it would be quite hard to slash into my chest, or disable my paws. They are made of a very tough material. "

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:09 am
He listened with interest, enjoying the soft tones of her voice as she spoke. Odd. Their meeting in the past had been brief, just like many others he had had since, but he'd never been able to forget her or the good that she had done him that day.

"It sounds like a wonderful, fine, place. I'm glad you found your way here. I could think of no place better for peace and tranquillity." He paused, glancing at the writings on her den and wondering what they read. He'd never seen such things in his life. "What does it say?" He asked, letting his eyes flick back to her as he followed her into the den, breathing a sigh of relief at the cool shade within.

"They are very beautiful." He added, in response to her comments on the jewellery. "And they suit you."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:38 am
Her fur ruffled a bit at the compliment, shyly looking to the floor of the empty cave with a smile. " Th- thank you, Altair. " She very carefully began slipping the bangles and trinkets off of herself, setting them onto some soft grass in the corner to prevent them from getting scratched bu the cool stone floors. Only the earrings and tail rings remained when she was done.

Moving back to him, she let out a thoughtful hum, eyes roaming the markings. " I'm not very sure myself what they say. I haven't gotten Ilori to tell me yet. He's been quite busy with playing mother to the cubs. " She giggled out, shifting to lay down on her stomach, looking up to him expectantly. He looked to tired. She very much wanted him to at least rest his paws, even if he was not yet ready for sleep.

" Make yourself at home, Altair. You are very much welcome here... " she spoke out softly, giving him that gentle smile, the same she had given him when they had first met. It had ween almost five seasons since they'd seen each other, and yet she still seemed to possess her kind, naive innocence. She had met some very bad people. She had been attacked before. She had suffered, alone. But still, noting yet had been able to rob her of that amazing quality.

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:43 am
"I would be curious to know. If you ever find out and we meet again, you must tell me." His eyes dropped from the writings to look at her, that soft smile was comforting, made him feel safe. He was welcome here. Those words weren't too often spoken in these lands.

"Tell me. You say you birthed children for Ilori and yet...you are not his mate? What odd thing is this you speak of?"

Were rituals around taking a mate and starting family different in this pride from what he was used to? He also couldn't stop that niggling protective instinct rising in him at the thought of her belonging to another male. She was so innocent, so beautiful. Hell, if he'd have been a better lion maybe he would have asked to court her himself.

But he had blood on his claws and her soul was pure. Such things were not meant to mix.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:02 am
She nearly huffed when he still did not lay down, staring up to him. His words, his obvious intention to leave again, before too long, left an ache in her chest, and her eyes saddened as she got up to her paws. Moving to his larger form, she began nudging him toward the back of the cave where she'd been laying, all but tackling him to get him to lay down so she could curl up around him, as she had over a year again. It felt different, when they were close like this... so warm.... She had never done this for another soul. Not even the little cubs she had birthed. They were only with her until they were done nursing, and she had been afraid to form too deep a bond with them.

" If you stick around here long enough, you will no doubt meet Ilori. He comes here often, usually dragging a few cubs for me to babysit. " She chuckled out. " I'm sure he'd be thrilled to tell you himself, what they mean. If you were truly interested, he may even be willing to teach you to both read, and write it... " Anything to get him to stay,.. even if only a day longer...

His next question had her blinking a bit, head tilting slowly. She hadn't explained that well, had she? It was a very odd situation. There were very few females like Makhi, willing to complete give up their children, for the happiness of another.

" Those cubs... When I say I birthed children for him. I do mean, literally, FOR him. I am not his mate, he already had one long before I met him. Another lion, Sepoko. " She explained. " He, too, is very kind. Much less lazy than my brother. " A fond smile crossed her lips, thinking over the best words to use.

" Because they are both male, they are unable to naturally have cubs of their own... I felt that to be so wrong... They care for each other deeply, and I knew they would make wonderful fathers. Though I had known Ilori for less than a day, I offered to carry, and birth his children, for him to raise with Sepoko. They will never know I am their mother. I act as an aunt to them. " She finished, looking up to the other. " I'm told by others it was a strange thing to do for another, making that kind of sacrifice. One male even told me it made me undesirable. I never understood why this would be... "

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 am
He gave a chuckle at her pushiness, seemingly determined to get him to settle. And who was he to deny her? She was only trying to help and if he was honest with himself, he did need to lie down. He lowered himself to the floor and glanced over at her, seeming to read her intent. Being close to her was...nice.

"I would love to meet your brother." He replied. "But as for reading and writing, I expect it is a skill that takes an incredible amount of time." His face fell a little at her words, catching hold of the hidden meaning there. She wanted him to stay? But he knew that he couldn't. If she discovered the truth to what he was...what he had been...no he couldn't let her know.

And then she told him of her great kindness. Her great sacrifice. It took him by surprise and for a moment he could not respond. She had birthed children for others, never to be called mother. They would never know who she truly was and she would look on, watch them grow, and have little part in their raising. Such selflessness...it was something rare and admirable.

"It must have been a hard thing to do. To let them go, Makhi." He replied softly. "And yet, it sounds like you have made others very happy." He did not like the words this other male had spoken to her and, if he had known him, would most likely have set him straight. "Do not listen to the words of that other male. Such a thing, in my eyes, has made you greater and more beautiful than before."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:26 am
Her smile almost fell, as she again got the impression from him that he would not stay long, slowly resting her head down upon her paws to try to think, if there were anything at all she could do, to convince him to stay longer. Did he not feel safe, still? Even in the land full of power guards... Or was it something else that willed him to flee?

" I'm sure he would love to meet you, as well. I spoke of you to him, once... When we'd just met. I told him of my search for you. I think he may have felt bad, that he distracted me from my journey, so that I would be able to help him. He's a silly thing. " She said, her smile strengthening. " At latest, he would come by here tomorrow. He can read his writings for you then. "

Her ears perked as he spoke again, eyes widening as he fur ruffled in embarrassment, to receive so many strong compliments from the dark male. " It... It was not such a hard thing, when I knew that I would be giving Ilori the family he had been wanting for so long... I know the pain of being without family, and I very much wanted to help him. "

Tilting her head, she gave Altair a gentle nuzzle under his chin. Both to hide her face, and to express her gratitude. " Thank you, Altair... I would easily trust your words, over any others. If you believe he was wrong.. then I do as well. " She smiled, reluctantly dropping her head away from him once more.

strawberry gumi bunny

Fashionable Strawberry

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:32 am
His eyes widened. "You sought me?" Had she really worried that much for him? Guilt filled his heart and brought sadness to his eyes. He'd never thought she would have searched for him after leaving as he had. She truly was the kindest soul he had ever met.

"Well he needn't have worried about keeping you from your journey. I am here now. Perhaps fate wished it so. Perhaps I will stay until tomorrow and see him. It would be nice to put a name to a face."

His expression softened with...what, affection? She truly wanted to do what was best. "And now you have given him such a gift. Now, something tells me, you should aim to do something for yourself. To make your life whole. Doing things for others is a good thing, but doing things for yourself is good too."

He gave a surprised sort of chirping noise as she pushed her muzzle against his chin and blinked. "Then all is well." He replied. "Are you sure it will be fine for me to stay here?" His eyes went to the entrance again. "I would hate to think that I might get you into trouble." Yes, still he wasn't at ease. Still he had to seek confirmation.

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff