Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chickenlipsRfun2eat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:53 am

Now, we all know now or have theories on what hell is like, well, bcoz of
that thread. ehehehe.

What about heaven? what would heaven be like?

I know its endless fun and love and all that stuff, but
what would you think It would be like?

The fact that God would say "I love you " to you woud
be, for me, the most touching and loving and happiest experience for me.
And none would replace it.

But that dosent answer my Q.
So, what Is heaven like?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:26 am
I think Heaven will be us praising God 24/7. If you want to know some things about heaven, you should read "A Divine Revelation Of Heaven," by Mary Baxter.  

[.teh.shmexeh.]

Collun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 pm
I disagree. Of curse, we will praise God in Heaven, but that will not be all there is. Many don't relish the fact of praising all day, and God said Heaven would be paradise. This means that it will appeal to all people. Therefore I think Heaven will be appealing to men (in a non-sinful way, of course). Whatever you want, he will grant (provided it's not sinful). I think that you could ask for pets, video games, whatever. It is a paradise.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:48 pm
this is one that can never truely be answered because noone knows but those who are there, and there is no coming back so thr is no way to truelly know.  

Mystic_moon15

Curium

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:50 pm
well doesn't the bible say something about streets paved with gold and mansions and stuff?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:54 pm
Curium
well doesn't the bible say something about streets paved with gold and mansions and stuff?
ya actually now that you mention it i think it does i dont know where but i remeber hearing that some where when someone was reading the bible.dont remember who or where tho.  

Mystic_moon15

chickenlipsRfun2eat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:30 am
Collun
I disagree. Of curse, we will praise God in Heaven, but that will not be all there is. Many don't relish the fact of praising all day, and God said Heaven would be paradise. This means that it will appeal to all people. Therefore I think Heaven will be appealing to men (in a non-sinful way, of course). Whatever you want, he will grant (provided it's not sinful). I think that you could ask for pets, video games, whatever. It is a paradise.

waw...

Video games in heaven @_@

Kool cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:58 am
I think heaven is going to be just a very peaceful place where we are constantly glorifying God. Notice I didn't say praising him, because that, to me, means we would alway's be singing hymns and what not, which, your right, doesn't appeal to everyone; I think that everything we do in heaven will glorify Him, but it may not alway's be in the same way we do here (meaning hymns and such). Example; my uncle, dad, and their friend, would like to sail on the glass sea, because that's what they enjoy most down here, and I think that God will let them do that because it would bring them joy, and our happyness makes Him happy.  

LadyAmbrosia

chickenlipsRfun2eat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:02 am
LadyAmbrosia
I think heaven is going to be just a very peaceful place where we are constantly glorifying God. Notice I didn't say praising him, because that, to me, means we would alway's be singing hymns and what not, which, your right, doesn't appeal to everyone; I think that everything we do in heaven will glorify Him, but it may not alway's be in the same way we do here (meaning hymns and such). Example; my uncle, dad, and their friend, would like to sail on the glass sea, because that's what they enjoy most down here, and I think that God will let them do that because it would bring them joy, and our happyness makes Him happy.

nice say wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:14 am
chickenlipsRfun2eat
LadyAmbrosia

nice say wink
Thanks, I can't take credit though, I have alot of smart people telling me stuff...  

LadyAmbrosia

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:44 am
I think it would be a place of our seperate creation, a place our sould creates to be comfortable at last and gloryfying God all the time from deserved happy place with comforts such as no pain and stuffs. My ideal heaven would be a beautiful cottahe in a meadow, with all my family around so we can glorify God. It would be a welcome respite from the pains of Fibromyalgia.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:41 pm
i would have to change my statments from before i was reading my bible last night and i came across a part where it talks of what heaven is like. it is in Revolations ch.4.  

Mystic_moon15

Gamslayer

Quotable Gawker

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:37 pm
If Hell is complete and total separation from God, with torment and suffering, I'd expect it Heaven to be vice-versa. Just imagine, someone who was so far away from Christ that you care about so much gets baptized, or your heatedly worshipping God. That feeling- THAT HAPPINESS!!! that you feel, tears come to your eyes, you can't containg this feeling you want to scream out, glorifying God... because your soul is rejoicing with all its might, because God is with you, Jesus is standing behind you, hand on your shoulder, crying and smiling as you open your heart to Him, seeing another who will join Him... to live forever... in happiness and blistfullness... forever and ever... because of God's grace... AMEN!!!
Take that emotion, multiply it by the biggest number you can think of, multiply it by that again, again, again... thats the happiness you'll feel.

As for Heaven itself, words cannot describe it. Thats it. No human word or description can ever, EVER (and I mean EVER) describe it. I dare not go any farther, to avoid starting to cry. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:49 pm
Collun
Many don't relish the fact of praising all day, and God said Heaven would be paradise. This means that it will appeal to all people.

In Heaven, I believe we will be so caught up in the awsomeness of God that will want to praise Him. As for praising Him all the time, I am unsure about that; but look at one thing: We're all sinners saved by grace. We have been created for God's pleasure, so is not praising Him (one of) the least (things) we can do?

Collun
Whatever you want, he will grant (provided it's not sinful). I think that you could ask for pets, video games, whatever. It is a paradise.

I don't like the way you put that, because not only is is unscriptural (meaning that it is mentioned nowhere in the Bible), it makes God sound like a cosmic giving machine.

Curium

Yes, the Bible does talk about the streets being paved with gold, and that there are many mansions, which Jesus went to prepare for us. What that is entirely all about I do not know.

LadyAmbrosia
Notice I didn't say praising him, because that, to me, means we would alway's be singing hymns and what not, which, your right, doesn't appeal to everyone;

To you, praising means "singing hyms and whatnot," but to God praising Him can be much different than what we think it is. Everything we do can be an act of worship (which is praising God) if we do it with an attitude that we're doing it for God.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

myboomerangwontcomeback

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:35 am
well i just want to wait and see what hevaen is  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items