Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
A Foreboding Omen Approaches

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:27 am
The ancients had a belief that anytime a horrible storm comes it brings with it an omen. I don't know if that's true or not but in my life, it's true.

But this omen occurs more so with a good friend of mine. He's currently going through a tough divorce and the final court date is June 16th. A week away. He's been trying find ways where he can get custody of his kids. But nothing comes up. For a few months now he's been giving up hope and doubting he'll get custody. It hurts me a lot to see him like this. I know he adores his kids and loves them to death. I don't know what to tell him..

I know I should tell him not to give up hope.....but it hurts to say that even when I myself know that the future is not certain..

I just feel so powerless....I..I hate this feeling. It hurts to think about it. All I can do is sit here and hope for the best and wait this storm out...but I want to be able to help him..I want to be his strength..his hope..

I just don't know how to it..

Any suggestions or thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:28 am
You could pray for him. It's always something we can do, we don't ever need to feel helpless or hopeless.

You could pray for the outcome of the court case, but also that God would bring comfort to your friend, because regardless of the outcome, he's going through a really tough time. You could pray that God would give him peace and understanding, and that the judge would be given wisdom to make the best verdict.

The children also really need prayer, perhaps most of all; this divorce is going to impact them for the rest of their lives. You could pray that God would be graceful to them and bless them despite this tragedy, and that the outcome of the court case would only be what is best for them.

I'll pray for all those things too. There's so much to pray for in a situation like this, you don't ever need to feel like there's nothing you can do but sit and wait. =)  

Crimson Raccoon

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm
Well they filled for divorce last June I think. But I do have good news. He's not giving up. He got his lawyer and is going to fight so he can see them w/o supervision on the weekends and during the summer. :3  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games