[PRP] Bring me to... Life? o_o? (Mei Xiu & Paradox) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:41 am
User Image

Humming to herself contentedly, Mei Xiu ambled on her current traveling pace; she decided it was time to get her legs warmed up before her wings. Because it was a summer morning, she felt pretty happy since she disliked anything that was considered "hot." She despised it, she had decided, after the other day where the scorching afternoon sun hit her unawares... well, sort of. She had felt the heat rising as she had been flying along the other day, but thought nothing of it, figuring that the wind wouldn't die down that badly. Unfortunately, the sudden wind draft she'd been using to languidly float through the air had dropped dramatically, making her lose her balance--unusual for her, as her bloodline was three-fourth's Wind and 1/4 unicorn--and she plummeted to the ground, barely catching herself as she landed.

But this particular morning was rather wonderful; it was mildly cool, slightly dewy as was with usual mornings, and the air was brisk, waking her up faster than if it were humid and meltingly hot. Smiling to herself, Mei Xiu promised herself that she would find a good friend, an adventure, and maybe even a quest! Well, maybe that was hoping for too much, but she knew that with adventures meant all kinds of things: love--whatever that meant--friends, foes, and all sorts of things. However, her top priority was always a good, close friend, and an adventure. She was still frowning about this love thing--what in the world was her mother talking about before she left? Love? Was it family love? Her mother, Mocha, couldn't really explain it to her, Mei Xiu, seeing as she was the youngest and preferred to have friends more than love... whatever that meant.

Argh! She was making herself depressed thinking too deeply about that silly topic--on to breakfast! On to a wonderful day! On to no more plummeting from the skies! And obviously, on to more adventures!! Proud that she was managing to be optimistic, Mei Xiu went off in search of a forest, hoping to find a clear, beautiful pond and much needed shade as the day began to make itself noticed. She did not need the heat, no sirree, not today!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 am
User Image
Slinking through the shadows he only half blended into, Paradox narrowed his eyes at the blinding sunlight. It was extraordinarily out of character for him to be romping around during the day, but he was at the age where he felt it necessary to escape from the protective wings of his parents. His mother was a fine huntress, but his father...Cobalt was weak. His kindness crippled him, kept him from being the fierce warrior he could be. Paradox had no such weakness...and he prided himself on that.

His father would never approve of his daytime wanderings. A mischievous grin spread across Paradox's face. His father was such a coward...sticking to the shadows, afraid to show his face. They were "different," he said. So different that they had to hide themselves from the world that could never understand them.

Paradox snarled softly. "Who cares if they can't understand? They don't have to understand us to respect us...I'll show him, I'll show them all...we can earn our respect, earn our place in the world!"

A defiant expression on his face, Paradox stepped from the shadows, feeling the warmth of the sun on his blood-red wings. His neon blue eyes, set in darkness, focused on a mare the color of sunset. A smirk crossed his face. Here was the perfect opportunity to test his father's theory.
Would she be afraid of the monster in her midst?

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:20 pm
She stopped as she felt a piercing gaze focus on her, making her twitch her ears. She sensed danger and yet no danger at the same time. Frowning, she tried to pinpoint it, feeling a familiar presence but at the same time being unknown. A predator was here, but she wasn't afraid of some silly old predator. She had her own protection: the power of the holiness that was contained in her horn, however little it was. If a Kalona was around... grimacing a bit, she didn't quite like the idea of having to fight off a Kalona, no matter what the circumstances. She was good friends with a halfling--Blackfire--and knew that if one were to make ANY Kalona angry--blood-bond, physical looks, or both--it would result in something more devastating than even ruining one's own emotions.

No matter. Unsure of what she was looking for, her dark pink eyes soon settled on a magnificent stallion, standing about a few yards away. Where did he come from? She blinked, thinking she was imagining things. Certainly, he was very handsome (though that particular thought lingered no longer than but a second), yet there was something about him that her gut said she should walk away--right now. Ignoring her gut instinct, she grew excited. Maybe Goddess Epona had finally answered her prayers!! Shifting slightly, she peered through the sunlight to see if she could see better. He was a white stallion with red... bat wings? A kalona? So, she had been right... a predator. It was obvious he had noticed her before she'd noticed him, and now she remained still.

If she even so much as moved a muscle, it wouldn't make her situation any better. Was he out for a hunt? It would be rather difficult to escape him, from the looks of things. He, too, had wings much like her, and she couldn't completely rely on her horn... What to do? Even though her friend Blackfire had told her stories of battles her friend had gone through, that was just telling stories. Mei Xiu had no battle experience, and she was still rather new to the world. Frowning at herself as she thrust away such unnecessary thoughts, she returned her focus on the stallion before her. Maybe a greeting was a good way to possibly avoid any violence. She hoped.

"Oh, hello," she started off, cheerful as can be, "lovely morning, isn't it? I'm Mei Xiu. It's a pleasure to meet you!" She hoped he had heard her as she called out to him. She wasn't planning to move any closer, nor was she planning to move away--moving away from him might even provoke his hunger... if he was hungry at all, which was a very high possibility. Urgh, this was frustrating... she'd gotten herself stuck in a very bad situation. Maybe Goddess Epona hadn't answered her prayers at all... what was she thinking!? Mei Xiu was inwardly frustrated now. Just remain calm... just remain calm... She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, pushing away any stray thoughts. This confrontation might turn into a better situation... she hoped.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:47 pm
Paradox watched her stiffen, saw her mind race. He merely quirked an eyebrow, watching her face for the rejection sure to come. She would call him a freak, a monster, and then he would show her the true meaning of the word. His hidden fangs ached at the thought of it. Such a glorious thing, to earn respect by means of fear.

But his father had been wrong. Although wary (for good reason, he told himself), she offered no sign of rejection, nor of running from him. A brave mare...he saw courage in her eyes. Though her instincts were screaming at her to run, she stayed anyway, offering him cheerful pleasantries. A sort of grudging, half-respect began to form in the crevasse of his heart. He shoved it away mercilessly. He didn't have time to form attachments to weaker creatures.

Although...she was an Alicorn, a mix of two of the purest, "good" races in the Soquili world. She was normal...and he was decidedly not. An idea began to form in his mind. How far did his father's incorrectness go? If she could accept him, then what else would she allow him? A mischievous light flickered behind his eyes. He would prove his father wrong. He would show him that the "normals" could accept Soquili like them, those who were different.

Paradox folded his wings tight against his body. Best seem as non-threatening as possible. He approached slowly, trying to seem non-lethal, although his walk was a predator's soundless slink. As he walked, he smiled, a small one to hide his fangs. His fangs, inherited from his father, were small enough to be completely invisible...if he kept his mouth shut. When he spoke, or smiled, they were displayed, and he didn't want to frighten such a brave mare off merely by showing his teeth.

"Hello." His voice, a low rumble like a cat's purr, was soft-spoken but clearly audible. "It is quite a lovely morning...I'm Paradox. The pleasure's all mine, Mei." He offered her a quizzical frown. "I hope I'm not the cause of your distress. It would be quite a shame to inflict such rigid posture in another simply by my presence." He knew, just as she did, that he was, in fact, the cause of her distress. Yet she had stood so bravely. If all Soquili had as much inner strength as this one, his father was more wrong that even Paradox had thought.

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:07 am
She forced herself not to gape in shock. He... had answered her. Politely, even, and while she wasn't exactly in high hopes at the moment... perhaps... She managed a smile, thinking that, yes, perhaps, he was only out for a morning stroll, just like herself. She found herself growing more excited at the prospect of making a new friend, and just like that, her smile grew just a little bigger. "Paradox," she sounded the name on her tongue, and then flinched at what he said thereafter. "To be honest... yes, you are the reason I feel... uncomfortable, but, well, there's no reason for me to be rude and leave just like that, right? I don't know what your intentions are, as of yet, but--well--I find that meeting someone new--regardless of race--is always rather exciting."

Crap. She forgot how honest she could be... maybe that was the wrong thing to say!? ...Wait. Was forgetting how honest you were even possible? ...She was confusing herself. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" There came the immediate apology, "I hope I didn't insult you, or anything, but it's rare for someone like me to run across one of your kind, and, well, I simply couldn't help myself, and--" She shut her mouth. She was rambling. Forcing herself not to quiver for fear of angering him, she took more deep breaths. She could sense no ill intention from him; none at all. Her gut instincts were only screaming at her to run because of his breed, not because of who he was! She knew better than that; she was taught better than that! Then came another, more sincere, less fearful apology, "I apologize, Paradox. Please forgive me?" Mei Xiu figured that, since he even shortened her name, maybe they were already friends!

Her frown turned upside down as another smile made its way to the forefront. She wasn't the type to be down, unlike her mother, who whenever she got upset, would go into phases of depression--until, of course, her father came in to cheer her up. Her parents were rather cheerful folks, after all. She shifted, wings pressed tightly against her body. Though she had managed to stave off her quivering, she could tell that this stallion, Paradox, was no threat to her--well, she hoped he wasn't. Gut instinct or no, it didn't mean she could completely relax around him... at least, of course, not until she got to know him better; and the thought of getting to know him better made her feel happier. She would be able to expand her horizon as well as maybe ask him if he knew of any adventures that could be out there waiting--ooh, the adventures that Paradox might know and share with her!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:51 pm
Paradox almost chuckled. She was struggling so hard against her instincts. For what he had planned for her, she should probably listen to them...although he wouldn't hurt her physically, he would play with her mind, her emotions. He had to know if he was right. To do that, he would have to feign normalcy as best he could...she couldn't see the madness locked within, that would be completely unacceptable.

His intentions...

To be honest, he didn't really know what his intentions were. He knew that he wanted to prove a point, and that he would have to basically lie to her to do it. He suppressed a wicked grin. It felt good to be up to his old tricks.

A frown appeared on his face at the word "race." "Mei...I think you are mistaking me for something I'm not. I'm only a quarter Kalona. My mother is an Angeni." What he didn't tell her was that his mother's parents were both fallen, cursed by the gods themselves. One to insanity, the other to merciless bloodlust...his mother herself bore the marks of each. And though his father was a gentle influence, he struggled against his own demons...and Paradox himself was far from gentle. Even still, he shared his father's dislike of Kalona, one of the only things they had in common. He thought them crude, inefficient....useless. He frowned upon wanton violence, preferring to fight only when necessary or provoked. It was easy to attack with physical force. It took far more effort (and was far more rewarding) to play with minds...it made the world seem like a giant chess board, each step requiring skill and cold calculation.

He felt no qualms about lying to Mei. He saw it as a necessary step towards his goal. He smiled suavely, and leaned in a little closer to her. "But it's no big deal. I don't blame you for being wary. I imagine you haven't run across too many mixed breeds before, especially not Kalona mixes. You're lucky I'm not one of the vicious ones. Nevertheless...I do forgive you, though I don't know if there's anything really to apologize for."

He thought for a minute, how would he earn her trust? The mischievous glint reappeared in his eyes, and he turned to her, a deceptively innocent look on his face. "So, how did you get out here anyway? No one lives around here, I don't think, so there's really nothing around." He wondered if she was out traveling by herself. If so, then his job would be easier than it already was.

"I could show you around, if you like..."

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:54 pm
Mei Xiu eyed Paradox cautiously, though a demure smile played upon her lips. "I'm glad you forgive me my mistake, Paradox, as I truly am sorry--I myself am rather a mixed breed... and, you're not rather the first of mixed Kalona breeds I've met, but you're a welcome one... As, after all, you're hardly "vicious"!" She chuckled. Or so it seems... unlike Blackfire, this stallion certainly has some hidden ill intent... I think. Glad to keep her thoughts to herself, she slowly began to relax--slowly--but indeed, began to relax. She tilted her head as he pretty much stared her down, but she couldn't decide if he was just merely looking or if he meant something subtle about such a look; she chose to go with the former since, at least, it was safer to think in such a way.

She forced herself not to tense up as he leaned closer, wondering to herself why she felt so nervous around such a majestic stallion. Choosing to ignore his oddness of trying to get closer to her personal space, she answered his question of how she had managed to make her way to this area. "Flying, of course," she answered, almost with an air of 'Did you really have to ask the obvious?'. "But, the wind suddenly threw my balance, and so I chose to walk this time a day, since I'm far from tempted to fly again, because the air has changed since summer made its way here." From his stance, Mei Xiu could see that Paradox was familiar with the area, when something struck her and she glanced sharply at the stallion. "Excuse my rudeness, but did you just call me Mei...?"

Certainly, no others aside from her family ever shortened her name--she didn't mind that Paradox himself had done so--but still, it was rather odd. She had barely gotten to know this male within the span of a few minutes, and already, he seemed to deem them on almost rather familiar grounds. Perhaps her search for adventure might take her some place she was yet unwilling to travel... No matter. An adventure was an adventure, danger or not. "You seem to know the area well, even though you say no one lives around... I would much enjoy a tour, since you offered!" She answered politely, but happily. Indeed, anything to break this irritable tension in the air!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 pm
A moment of vulnerability flashed across his face. She was still wary, still cautious. Maybe his father was right. Maybe he couldn't fit in with outsiders. But then, just the slightest movement, the smallest releasing of clenched muscles...she was relaxing. Just a hair, but still, it was something. A shadow of a hope to keep him going.

"I am...not the first? Well, then I am glad you won't hold old prejudices against me on that account." He smiled at her, a friendly smile designed to further ward off her anxiousness. He listened to her almost brash response, silently gritting his teeth so he wouldn't say anything crass in response. If he was trying to win her trust and friendship, it would not do to be so careless as to be rude.

Clearly she was truly unafraid of him, because she was able to stare him fearlessly in the eye, her gaze full of sharp edges and demanding questions. "I did. I hope it doesn't bother you, I can call you something else if you'd like. Perhaps it is a bit early to slip into informal names, but I thought it would be less upsetting for you if I wasn't stiff with formality on top of my rather frightening appearance." He chose to be amused, rather than annoyed, at her boldness in confronting him. This one had a fiery spirit, that was certain. A most interesting mare. Perhaps he would genuinely come to like her, an unexpected element in his plans. Not that this would change his plans, of course.

"Well...no one other than my family. When I said that no one lives nearby, I was excluding my own home...perhaps I should have been more clear. Regardless, I would be honored to give you a tour. There's really not all that much to see, but there are a few lovely waterfalls in the forest nearby. I would show you them, if you don't mind."

While it was true that this mare was still very skittish, Paradox thought that, on the whole, this meeting was going very well. Not quite according to plan, because one can never really plan these things, but close enough to suit him. Although he didn't know how she'd feel about going into a dark forest with a strange, slightly scary stallion, he had a feeling she was brave enough to go with him. He wondered when she realized that he really meant her no harm...well, no physical harm, at least.

As far as emotionally...he wouldn't hurt her too badly. He'd try not to, for her sake. Even he was reluctant to break such a fiery spirit.

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 pm
His smile was certainly a much better feature for someone like him, she decided, unable to contain her smaller, demure smile as she watched him. "No, you are not the first, but you're certainly the first to be much friendlier than the others I unfortunately happened to come across!" Mei Xiu hadn't been out that much, but just as was her nature, she loved adventuring, and adventuring meant many things in her mind: bravery, recklessness, danger, love (whatever that meant...), and so on and so forth. Even now, meeting Paradox, she had concluded she had found herself a rather interesting adventure, and that was more than she could have asked for.

"Waterfalls!?" she exclaimed excitedly. Having no idea of how her brusque character was effecting Paradox, a broad, pleased smile exploded on her face at the mention of the waterfalls. Something so delightful was always best found within mysterious places! She had heard of these things before; these "waterfalls"; but she had never actually seen one in her entire life. Her home was within a cheerful forest with clear streams and trickling springs, but nowhere did she know of anything like waterfalls! She had heard of them, however, and had heard that they were majestic creations of the horse goddess.

"I would love to see them, Paradox! I have never seen waterfalls in my life, though I've heard of them!" Relaxing even more now that she could see he held no ill intent for her (as far as she knew, that is), she nearly pranced in place, her eyes sparking up with life. "It's okay to call me Mei, Paradox, or even Mei-Mei, I was just a bit startled at first when you called me that, since you seemed like someone who doesn't usually use nicknames..." she quieted a bit at that point, a blushing face to explain her embarrassment. She was still wary of him at the back of her mind, but for the time being Mei Xiu could care less if he attacked her and ate her; she just wanted to see those waterfalls!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:24 pm
So, she had met other Kalona hybrids, and they were less friendly than he. He almost smirked. If she knew...if she only knew what he was really like, she wouldn't say such things. If she knew that he, too, partook in the hunt, lived for the kill. That he was vicious like the others, though he didn't show it around other Soquili. No...she would not say such things then. But it was no matter. She would not learn of that, and so she could accept him.

As she relaxed, almost completely, Paradox smiled again. His plan was going smoothly, after all. "No...I don't usually use nicknames. But you...Mei-Mei suits you, I think, though I will continue to call you Mei. I'm not really into cutesy names, although yours is very fitting for a pretty Soquili like yourself."

Paradox's smile widened. "You like waterfalls, huh?" His voice was light, and saturated with the amusement he felt at her excited eagerness. "Well...just follow me, then." He turned towards the forest, his strides slow and easy, so she could keep up with him without effort. The waterfalls weren't going anywhere, and they had all day to get there.

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:52 pm
His smile just seemed to make him glow, she noted. Paradox was so much the better with a smile on his face; it made him seem so much kinder, she decided with a nod to herself. Keeping the easy-going pace with Paradox as she followed him to the waterfalls, she began to wonder whether it was smart to trust a Kalona hybrid such as he. She felt relaxed around him now, since his aura held no ill intent and so far he just wanted to be friends, and she always did love making new friends! Her thoughts wandering randomly, she finally settled on a topic that she figured would be amusing for them both to talk about--perhaps even banter a bit. "So, Paradox," she began, a hidden smirk on her face.

"How fast can you fly?" She felt that a game was in order; even if she didn't know where the waterfalls were, it didn't mean she couldn't spot them from high up... right? Or were they hidden in the forest? Well, no matter; flying was always a good sport to do, besides walking! "I propose a race; I do not know where the waterfalls are, but I've always been curious--who is faster, the Wind, or the Kalona? Since you claim to have the blood of Angeni within you, I most certainly would love to see how swift you are in an aerial race! What say you?" Her eyes twinkled with the look of determination, eagerness, and enjoyment.

The easy-going pace was enough to bore her, after all. She didn't mind leisure walks, but she preferred more action than that! She turned and taunted Paradox with a slight smirk. "Of course, if you choose to refuse the race, I'll just conclude that you're just slower than me! I come from a family known for quick aerial movements, and like the rest of my family, we love to challenge ourselves... so, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like it if you'd accept!" Her underlying, subtle tone basically saying she obviously thought she was better than him in flight, but there was also the hint of a challenge as well as good sport. After all, Mei Xiu herself wasn't sure if she would be beaten for the first time in her life by a stranger; she was a very good flyer, after all!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:18 pm
A wry grin flashed across his features. "You wish a race, then. I warn you, the falls are quite difficult to spot from the sky. But...I cannot risk being called coward for something as simple as this...so I accept. You should also be warned, I'm fairly good in the sky myself." Paradox was intrigued by her jibe. It meant she was fully relaxed, but it also meant that he was playing his part well...perhaps too well. It almost seemed too easy, but...he wasn't one to ruin his chances based on paranoia.

He had to admit, he rather enjoyed her rambunctiousness. She was much different than the placid, scorning Soquili he had fabricated from his father's tales. She was quick-thinking and intelligent, and thus a much more entertaining player in his mind game, though she remained unaware that she was playing.

"And so...we begin. On the count of three, I suppose. One...two....three!"

And with that, Paradox leaped into the sky, his wings pumping in a hard, steady rhythm. If he had inherited his mother's feathery wings, it would be an easy race. Although he had inherited the Angeni's flying power, his father's leathery Kalona wings could not match the flight power of Angeni feathers. Though, perhaps, he could match an Alicorn.

He sped faster, gaining a slight lead, though there was plenty of room for Mei to catch and pass him. If she was as good as she claimed...which he would soon come to find out.

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 am
Somewhat startled as he took to the air suddenly, she immediately took off after him, wings beating hard from having to take off without a fore-run. He had a slight lead on her thanks to the surprise, but no matter, she would easily catch up to him thanks to having feathered wings! Levitating somewhat, she spread her wings as far as she could stretch them, and began to beat them in a slow, steady pace, gaining distance as she did so. They both were surprisingly moving quite quickly, she noted. Or was that just her...?

"Well, if the falls cannot be spotted from the air, shall I just let you win?" she taunted, somewhat following him, somewhat racing him. She was having fun; she herself was a hybrid like Paradox, and the close match was exhilarating. Adrenaline was pumping hard and fast through her veins, though at this point she was moving at a rather slow pace (so she thought; from those who looked up, the two could be seen as flying blurs).

She couldn't help herself as a gentle laugh of pure joy burst from her lips; it had been a long time since she had found someone to race with. Her sisters and parents were all busy doing some other thing; not to mention she also had began traveling on her own once she was able to prove she could take care of herself. Mei believed that the wander lust was a part of her family's blood since so many of her family members (that she knew of from her mother's stories) enjoyed taking on random adventures.

She was nearly neck to neck with Paradox now; it was immensely difficult, she found, to keep up with him; he was, indeed, very quick. However, if she put a bit more effort than what she was already exerting she was quite certain she'd pass by him. She fought within herself for a moment; she liked being next to him like this, but her competitive side was screaming at her to move faster, fly harder... she chose the latter in the end, putting only enough effort to try and fly at his side.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
She was quick, for an Alicorn.

Paradox grinned at the challenge. She was fast, but she couldn't quite match his pace....though he himself was straining at his own fast pace. As she came up closer to his side, he offered a charming smile, and a soft stroke from his leathery wingtip to her feathered one on a mutual down stroke.

"You will like the falls, I think. But...a race is so tiresome, and you've already proven you can match me, my little sparrow. Why not fly leisurely at my side, instead? Then you can rely on my guidance to the falls...and I am able to be graced by your company."

She was a feisty one, but...he saw the flash of uncertainty in her eyes as she drew close to him. An inner struggle he could only guess at, although he would have thought he had a fair guess as to its cause. Nonetheless, she trusted him. And thus, his father's point was disproved.

Yet...somehow it wasn't good enough for Paradox. He realized that he wouldn't be satisfied with mere friendship, mere trust. One could trust a lion not to kill after an afternoon meal. As for Mei...she might trust him only because he hadn't displayed traditional Kalona bloodlust. She might be flying alongside him only until his eyes got ragged with hunger, and then leave in fright.

No...mere trust wasn't good enough. Not if other Soquili would flee at the sight of red-tinted irises, or the extending of fangs. Perhaps, though...if they became friends...then she wouldn't run if she saw those things. If that was true....then all sorts of possibilities opened up.

"The falls are close, Mei. Right in that clearing," he said, pointing with a wingtip, "Be careful landing, though. I wouldn't want to have to fish you out of the river," he said with a friendly chuckle.

Katjive

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:42 pm
Almost sighing in relief to just fly at his side at a more leisurely pace now, Mei Xiu returned his smile gratefully. "How sly of you, complimenting me like that! Did you want me to move closer, since you can't seem to bear being away from my presence?" Though she knew nothing of this 'love' that everyone kept talking about, it didn't mean she didn't know how to banter or flirt... or whatever. Okay, so she was only mimicking what she had seen and heard and was mostly acting on instinct, but it was all in good fun, and surely Paradox wouldn't hurt her, now they had shared a flight together... right?

Managing to hide the after-shock from when he brushed her ever so lightly with his wingtip, she gave him another of her famous bright smiles. "Are the falls here really that great!? Oh, I can't wait--but if we fly any faster I think I'll plummet!" She didn't care to admit her weakness in front of him, for she was honestly slightly tired from the exhilaration of racing. Her adrenaline was running low, but she had enough energy to continue towards these waterfalls. She was dying to see them! Heck, she'd die happy after seeing them; at the point she didn't care of Paradox might be tricking her; in her book, he was a friend now, and that was all that mattered.

"Hey, now, I can handle myself!" she defended, giggling along with his chuckle. She almost sighed; he had a great laugh. "I'm great at landings--uh, I think--but anyway! That clearing should be enough, and you might as well be a knight in shining armor and rescue me from my death if I so happen to--WHOA!" The wind had suddenly died on her and she struggled to stay in the air, flapping her wings rather haphazardly and uselessly as she gave a gasp of fright, watching as the trees began to get closer much, much too fast.

Unlike Paradox, Mei Xiu couldn't quite keep herself aloft without at least a small bit of wind, and so, she fell, falling quite fast, her wings flailing around her quite uselessly. "Aaaaaah!!!" her cry was muffled as a resounding SPLASH! was heard, a column of water leaping up into the air as Mei Xiu fell straight into the water of the clearing, the sound of the falls roaring in her ears as she sunk deeper into the lake.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff