Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:52 pm
User Image

Those eyes.

Those lavender eyes.

Piercing, soulful, true. Barren, desolate, turbulent. Unsure.

No joy shone in those lavender eyes now. What little solace he had grasped from his Mother's return had been ravished by the slow decay of familial ties. He had not seen is brothers in... he could not remember the last time he had seen their laughing faces. His father? Gone with the wind. 'Reno? So concerned with his beloved's peril, with watching her wasting figure inch back to its former glory as she slowly regained her wanton strength, that he ignored his own flesh and blood. His mother? ... ah, but she was the cause of it all.

Beloved, tranquil, good, pure Mother. Brought down to Earth by corporeal lies, savaged by corporeal ties. Betrayed. Bereft. Left to die... and yet, somehow, she made her way back. And now... now, she recovered. Slowly. Surely... truly?

Who could say what was going on behind those lavender eyes? Eyes that mirrored his own? That touched his soul? That...

... caused him pain enough to flee her sight.

Those eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 pm
User Image

A smile graced her features as she rose from her gentle slumber. What might this new day bring? What joys, what perils?
Ah, she cared not. For all was worth while.

The birds sang, the sun rose. Life went on.
With or without her.
So why resist?

In one fluid movement, she rose. The scent of flowers wafted upwards as a light breeze caressed her every curve. She moved out from beneath the shaded woodland glade, entering the labyrinth of a forest that surrounded her peaceful home.

She wove carefully in and out of the tangled branches, moving with all the measured grace of a skilled huntress. And yet she would never harm a fly.

For all life held meaning.
If she couldn't see it... why, who's to say that it wasn't there?

Never had there been a season, a day, an hour, a minute, that had not held meaning. Never had there been a time without reason.
For, if something was, then it was meant to be. If something is, will be, should be, could be- why, who's to say no? Fate, Destiny- call it what you will. What will come to pass will come to pass. Change your own part in it as you will- cast aside your role and adopt that of a better man- but nothing will change the outcome.

Nothing.

Upside.-.Down

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 am
If only...

If only he could rewind time, take it back to before all this... madness. Madness! What had he known of madness before now?

Nothing.

There was nothing he could do.

Useless.

Hopeless.

Coward.

He closed his eyes and galloped on, powerful muscles bulging beneath him as he soared to new speeds.

Where was he running to?

... he didn't even care anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 am
Persephone quirked one delicately arched brow and turned towards the sound of drumming hooves.

Who could that be?

A wandering solider, traveling through distant lands? A lost maiden, frightened and distressed? Nay, no armor clanked and no desperate cries were to be heard. A friend? An enemy?

A mahogany stallion came galloping into view.

Someone new?

She smiled, charmed by the prospect of meeting an entirely unique individual. What fun! Even if their encounter turned sour, who's to deny Fate her fun?

"Hello, stranger!" she called, her sweet lyrical voice carrying easily on the fine summer's wind.

Upside.-.Down

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 am
The rugged stallion's steps faltered as an angel's tune reached his ears.

His eyes open in a flash, he dodged around a wide oak, nostrils flared from his angst-ridden exertion.

He blinked, slightly dazed.

Had he imagined that voice?

He scanned the area, his meticulous inspection of every rock, tree, and shrub skidding to a halt as it crossed over the honeyed mare's gentle form.

Oh.

A coat of pearled ivory; pure waves of sun-kissed amber cascading downwards to frame delicate features offset by smoky eyes an entirely unique shade of blue-grey; flowers nestled behind one ear; charming necklace of an exquisite golden hue...

Vaguely embarrassed by his close scrutiny of the alluring creature, he dropped into a courtly bow, still lost in that dream state of obscure reflection.

"Good..." he glanced at the sky "... morning, m'lady. I apologize for my intrusion." the words came out automatically, his manners kicking on in a mechanical fashion that would do any mother proud.

... Mother. What has the world done to you?

A flicker of pain flashed in his clouded lavender eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:44 am
Her eyes twinkled merrily as she returned his bow with an elegant flourish.

"No need to apologize; your presence is most welcomed." A strong, sturdy stallion to be sure- a knight, indeed, for all his lack of armor.

Her smile faded as she traced the fretful tilt of his brow; her eyes grew less merry as she gazed into his lavender eyes and found sadness waiting for her.

A troubled soul.

And yet he still made an effort to be polite.

"Seek you solace in these woods, stranger?" Remarkably forward, but less so than So tell me what's on your mind, stranger? Having some trouble? CAN I HELP?! That would be too bold, even for her.

A demure smile accompanied her gentle words as she sought to soften the tension stiffening the shoulders of the tormented stallion.

Upside.-.Down

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 am
He fought to reclaim his properly stoic expression; if this mare, this complete stranger, was so perceptive as to pick up on his emotional turmoil... he had let his masque slip too far this time.

"I know not what you mean, kind lady." Feign ignorance? Sometimes childish evasions worked best of all.

He did not want to bring his troubles to her; to lay them at her hooves would be to invite her to share in his pain... and he did not wish that on anyone else.

No one should have to feel so forlorn.

Least of all this charming nymph.

"I am Connor. I... travel... and am simply passing through." He spoke the truth. He was traveling, though to where he knew not. He'd best be going before she... before she what?

Before she cared?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 am
She blinked as a veil seemed to draw about his features, carefully obscuring his pained expression. That tormented anguish seemed to fade away, to be replaced by a fixed neutrality.

His words rang hollow.

Passing through? In quite a hurry to get to a place that ceases to matter when one lone voice calls out in the gloom.

"As you wish." She would not press him... yet.

Connor? She rather liked Stranger.

"I am Persephone." harmonious melodies played out in the tune of her name; properly introduced, the threshold of Perfect Strangers was passed; now only Faint Acquaintances remained.

"Walk with me?" she phrased the request so that it might be easily dismissed. If he truly had somewhere important to be, he would not sacrifice the time- for all his gallant courtesy.

Upside.-.Down

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 pm
He hesitated despite his lack of purpose. Was it wise to allow himself a pleasant stroll at a time when his emotions were in utter turmoil?

... it would be rude not to.

"Lead the way... Persephone." He liked the way her name rolled off his tongue.

It was just a walk... right?

... Right.

The pair spent a pleasant afternoon strolling through the peaceful woods, passing the time in companionable silence broken only to point out object of particular interest. Each lost in their own thoughts.

For once, he did not dwell on his Mother's peril. He allowed himself to appreciate the beauty in his surroundings.

For once, she did not consider herself an outlier, traipsing the careful boundary between her own fate and the destiny of the one she was with. She felt at home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 am
As time often has it, they were to meet again. And this time, they stayed a little longer, each seeking as escape from the grievances that plagued them. When they parted, it was with sorrow. And so they arranged another meeting... a different time, a different place.

And they met again.

... and again.

... and again.

... until one day, they saw no reason to part at all.

(OOC: rofl. I'm lazy. And I really don't want to backlog all those meetings. ;.; (Most completed through e-mail, and I didn't save 'em all... so there'd be gaps anyway.)
SOOO- you get fast-forward Huro talk. Woooo!

Connor played by Huroggmeten, Persephone played by Upside.-.Down)

[BEGIN LOG] Original RP completed through IM  

Huroggmeten

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:51 am
"Persephone..." her name came out as a whisper, a sighing caress. He leaned against the willow tree, his legs tucked neatly beneath him, his eyes half-lidded in quiet contentment.

She was... everything... to him.

Her ivory coat, glimmering in the soft light of the moon. Those supple tresses, caressed by the radiance of youth. Her sultry, piercing gaze that held a trace of innocence even for all her wisdom...

... Everything.
From her form, to her mind, to the essence of her very being... Her looks, her charm, her grace. Her faults, her flaws- insignificant though they may be. He recognized her imperfections... and loved her all the more for them.

She was his light, his life, his constant companion. She soothed him in a way no other mare- nay, not even his accursed-beloved mother!- ever could.

She...

Did she feel the same?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 am

Persephone stirred gently, a soft smile accompanying her tender movements. She rested her head on his side, the gentle pressure a pleasant reminder of her presence.

"Hmm...?" she murmured, blinking languidly as she gazed at her heart's light in quiet contemplation.

Did he have to leave so soon? Couldn't they stay like this for awhile? 'Til the dawns first light broke over the horizon? 'Til the new day greeted them like some sorrowful messenger... 'Time to go.'

"What is it, Stranger?" She teased, eyes twinkling as she used her pet-name for him. Ah, what a jest! To think this stallion and she were still separated by the bounds of introduction.

Huroggmeten

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 pm
His lips twitched at her banter, utter bliss resonating from his peaceable form.

He nuzzled her softly, carefully, as one might with a fragile masterpiece. Ah, living wonder! Was it possible... could it be... that he had charmed this angel, as she had stolen his heart? What had he done to deserve such a one?

... not that it mattered. Not really.

After all, who was he to question such elation?

What was he to say?
I want you.
I need you.
I never want to live without you.
You are my light. My soul. My heart.
My everything.
You are the blood in my veins, the energy that fuels my every waking moment.
I think i'm addicted to you.

... what could he say? He was not one to be at a loss for words.... not a loss so great that he couldn't seem to string words together.

Nothing seemed adequate. Even I love you... words of such meaning... paled in comparison to the omnipresent tenderness, the fierce passion, the overwhelming desire, that he felt when he was near - the tender ache, the quiet unrest, the nagging notion that something was absent that he felt when he was far.

... What to say?

"Don't go."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 pm
She laughed, the tinkling sound trailing in a quiet breath so many charmed notes.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Not until the day you look upon me with disgust. Not until the day you say goodbye, the day the light leaves your eyes, the day of your last breath.
If you send me away, I will come for you.
If you bid me to go, I will await your return.
If you... If you banish me.... I will wither in despair.

Your mother was wrong. If you love someone, you do not let them go. You never let them go... for true love is all-encompassing; it transcends time. Never shall there dawn a day that my heart does not beat solely for you.

Never Never Never.

How childish, to use those words.

... and yet, when it was true...? 'Twas truth, and never would it be said that she lied.

"I'm here, Stranger."

Huroggmeten

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm
She would always be there.

Through thick and thin, wind and rain, calm and ravaging wilderness... lest Skinwalker or Kalona do them part.

And he?

... ah, he blessed the day when chance brought them near. And cursed the day that may wrench them apart.

(OOC: ... mmkay. Done for now.
I'll probably log those in-between meetings and the lovey-dovey stuff (and the "fights," and general companionship, philosophical discussions [ZOMG] etc. .... that came after someday...
... maybe. ._____. *stares at e-mail* )

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff