Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
DON'T PANIC!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DON'T PANIC!
  I'd far rather be happy than right any day.
  My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.
View Results

Einllikoach
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:40 am
The 25th of May has almost arrived! Is there anyone else out there who knows the meaning of that day? How do you celebrate it?

Information
1. http://www.towel.org.uk/index.php/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Towel
2. http://www.towelday.org/
3. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:15 am
Nah. I'm spending my day relaxing in Sultanahmet and perhaps visiting a couple of mosques.  

In Medias Res III

Einllikoach
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 am
In Medias Res III
Nah. I'm spending my day relaxing in Sultanahmet and perhaps visiting a couple of mosques.

Did you knew a towel has a great practical value when travelling to the Middle East? You can wrap it around your head or shoulders when entring any religious centre, and also wipe the sweat off your face.

Enjoy your trip! Produce the best out of this advanture! I am looking forward to hear about that. :ּ)  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:47 pm
Einllikoach
In Medias Res III

Did you knew a towel has a great practical value when travelling to the Middle East? You can wrap it around your head or shoulders when entring any religious centre, and also wipe the sweat off your face.

Enjoy your trip! Produce the best out of this advanture! I am looking forward to hear about that. :ּ)

XD! Quite true.

Y'know, everyone keeps telling me that Turkey isn't a part of the Middle East. To me it is. I can't seem to think of it as secular either.  

In Medias Res III

Im A Little Pea
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:13 am
I didn't know really.
What did you do? XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:21 am
Im A Little Pea
I didn't know really.
What did you do? XD

I was entertained by a thought to spent that day with a towel wraped around my head, but it couldn't be a smart idea considering the fact I should have been to you-know-where then. xd
I did had a hand towel in my handbag, though. As always.  

Einllikoach
Crew

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:29 pm
In Medias Res III

XD! Quite true.

Y'know, everyone keeps telling me that Turkey isn't a part of the Middle East. To me it is. I can't seem to think of it as secular either.

Turkey participates in Eurovision xD

And i still dont quite get what Towel Day is... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:05 pm
Towel Day is the Douglas Adams memorial day, which is scheduled 42 days after his date of death.

It's said that people who hitch-hike should always show their towels, because people picking them up may think the hiker cares about hygiene and also has a toothbrush and the rest available.

I like it, I celebrate it right now, since there has been no opportunity to make it under the week...  

Verderbnis
Crew

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:40 pm
As soon as I saw "Don't Panic" I knew it had to do with the Hitchhiker's Guide. 3nodding Yay Towel Day!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:13 am
Douglas Adams was really genious by creating the series...  

Verderbnis
Crew

Einllikoach
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:34 am
Verderbnis
Douglas Adams was really genious by creating the series...

And really hygienic.

I am just too curious to know how did you celebrated it. :0  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:03 pm
on a party last saturday, with a towel on my shoulder, I know a lot of other people who know about that day, too. But I am 'protestant' with it: I don't wear the bathrobe like some others do...  

Verderbnis
Crew

The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces