Welcome to Gaia! ::

X IV

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion and roleplaying of the X-Men. Original and Marvel-created characters alike will be found here. 

Tags: chat, X-Men, roleplay, Marvel 

Reply Home
X-Men Ideas Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm
You can post your ideas for the storyline or anything else related to the X-Men RP here. I wanted to post this here because I think our home forum is a little lonely. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm
Hippie has suggested, and I've run with, creating a new team called the Resistance; another name can be used if anyone can think of one.

Basically, it will be formed during the course of the RP by the characters who don't side with anyone in particular, want to fight the MRD, but are basically vigilantes. Somehow, they team up and work together to rescue mutants.

Hippie has also suggested the idea of the X-Men opposing them, even going so far as to infiltrate the vigilante team to try to tone them down. The Brotherhood could possibly work with them at points, considering the two teams' ideals are similar.

Ideas? Comments? We need a plotline for the RP before it really gets rolling and then stuck, so feel free.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 pm
Yes, I suggested the idea that the X-Men and Magneto's forces take action because the acts used by the early Resistance would be giving mutants a bad name. Terrorism, brutal assassinations, bombings, attack on random government officials, et cetera. The Resistance members with a more defined set of ethics would team up with the X-Men and possibly Magneto to overthrow the evil mutants that took control of the Resistance. That was the idea I had form the beginning, apparently it was lost in translation somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 pm
Well, the whole point was that the characters weren't going to be working with the X-Men. We're forming a separete team and it makes no sense to do that if they're going to end up with X-Men and Brotherhood in the end. We could have morally-questionable mutants get thrown out because of said violent acts. All the Resistance does is actually fight back, whereas the X-Men are now pacifists until they're actually attacked, and the Brotherhood is busy setting up Genosha.  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm
Bleh, thank the Gods that one got worked out over PM. xp That was downright confoozin. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:59 pm
rofl Anyone have anything to add?  

Color Me Fubar
Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:54 pm
gonk Anyone? Please??  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:17 pm
Well, the resistance(or whatever we call it) can be formed by us(the cowboy, glowy guy, and plant lady) when they're attacked by Sentinels, or MRD guys, and the X-Men do nothing...  

Nojanath
Vice Captain

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm
stare Anyone else have an idea?

Nah, I jest! rofl I like it, myself. In fact, I think it's downright genius. Good thinking! biggrin
I can see one flaw right off the bat, though. Plant Lady kinda thinks cowboy's a dumbass, and cowboy's really a loner sorta dude. They'd have to find some sorta common ground, and then do the same with glowy guy. If we can do that, it'll work perfectly.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:29 pm
I see you like my nicknames mrgreen Well, I'm pretty sure being bum rushed by Sentinels and MRD peoples is pretty good common ground.  

Nojanath
Vice Captain

Nojanath
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 pm
As they say, the strongest brothers are brothers in arms, and in Plant Lady's case, sisters mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:42 pm
Very true, monsieur! I say we go for it. I'd suggest waiting for Fubar, though, seeing as how this is as much her decision as well. 3nodding  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Nojanath
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 pm
I'd definitely agree with you there. Plus it is her guild as well. Go Cowboy Plant Lady and Glowy Guy!  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:16 pm
lol, word. 3nodding
And waiting for Fubar's taking longer than I thought...
Oh well, there's always tomorrow! Er, later today, as the case is here. sweatdrop  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 am
....I'm waiting for profile skeletons and whatnot. I have an Idea and I want to make it before I lose it!  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff