kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 am
Now, is it just me, or hasn't everyone been getting MUCH more gold form posting in the forums? I'm a bit ridiculous-for a first post it's 75 gold. I remember suggesting this in a different thread a while back but I didn't think they'd actually do it AND I had suggested scaling it depending on the content of it so that people can't spam the hell out of it.

Well, I guess they're going in a better direction with it but I wish they had some sort of way to make sure people don't spam with images obscenity, etc.

What's everyone else's take on it?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:40 am
I noticed that the daily prizes in Aquariums has gone down a LOT! I used to get an average of about 10k a day, now it's down to about 200g a day. I haven't played Bootygrab recently though, have they scaled that back yet?

Honestly, if they're going to finish going through with re-balancing the site so that people who put in more effort (spending time on the forums talking) get more gold than the people who log in once a day (Aquariums and DC) then I think I'll be okay with it overall.

Besides, I heard that if you post too much the gold you get for each post eventually goes down to around 5g per post. So that should also balance people who just go to the chatterbox and spam all day, tight?

Nanenna

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:17 pm
Check out the OMGaia Fourm and there is a thread with information on this topic. (too lazy too provide a link sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:18 pm
Nanenna
I noticed that the daily prizes in Aquariums has gone down a LOT! I used to get an average of about 10k a day, now it's down to about 200g a day. I haven't played Bootygrab recently though, have they scaled that back yet?

From what I understand, no they haven't.  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:29 pm
Siarnaq
Nanenna

From what I understand, no they haven't.

Maybe by one hundred gold or so. I have noticed a slight difference.
And they probably havent based on the frequency of updates, ect.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:15 pm
Are you guys only noticing the nerf in the aquarium overseer now? That was nerfed months ago.

If Gaia wants to keep up this "more gold for posting" deal, they're gonna need to get their mods on the ball with spam posting.
Gaia slow with coding. Very coding. I don't know how long coding is supposed to take on average naturally, but with how long it takes Gaia to come out with new features for coding...too long. They really should have came up with some kind of feature to prevent spam posting before touching the amount of gold one gets for posting.

Though, if Gaia nerfs booty grab, all the people who'll throw a fit about it will be damn glad for all that extra gold they'll get.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:03 pm
I think though that it was a great move to get more people involved though rather than just checking Aquariums, like what Nanenna said.

Coding takes, on average, 10 hours depending on how much is there. You have to isolate the area, going though hundreds or thousands of lines and then go into the actual command and rewrite it. Not to mention the fact that the extra time is spent making sure it doesn't mess up any other features, functions etc. With the amount of coding Gaia might have it might take longer than 10 though. It takes about 5 for me to go though CSS on a Invisionfree forum and edit stuff while making sure the code doesn't conflict.

I'm no expert though- this is just what I've heard form your average self taught or four school year grad in tech applications. *shrugs* but then again, they're really proficient so if you have bozos, well...who knows how long it might take.

though if you're writing up a whole new script that's a whole other basket of fun. >< Since it exists (forums and gold reductions), it shouldn't be too bad...  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 am
Money is up in forums, posting, IMMING,

But down in aquarium, games, etc.

((More money for being social, there was an announcement on this))  

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 pm
Geeze, that's a long time to code something. I sympathize with them...a touch. It shouldn't take six months to finally fix a feature like towns when identity theft is a risk...and then have it break again. X_X

I still believe they should have put in something like there's no extra gold for spam posts before they changed the amounts. There's something wrong about getting 65g just for posting the word(s) "(Legal) bump".  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:38 am
I think they need to take a leaf out of rolianas book.

Literacy gets you extra gold.
Well spelt words and grammar means you get more, and the more words you type, in a grammmatically corrct scentence, you are rewarded for.
Some rewards allso given for posting different languages.  

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

Nanenna

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:32 pm
Oh, I noticed the Aquariums a while ago, it took me far too long to save up enough gold to open the next contest in my clan. -_- I like giving out good prizes, 60k for first place winner. ^^

Anyways... how does Roliana keep track of what one is posting and whether it is grammatically correct or not? And even if they do, what about people who, say, copypasta something someone else wrote into a post somewhere in the Chatterbox? Do they still get the reward? So then the chatterbox would just be full of the same spammers plus a lot of people who are making quick, long, grammatically correct posts with little to no effort and are getting extra rewards for it, that hardly seems fair.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:20 am
They did say in a announcement gold granting would change. Booty grab less, posting more.  

ZNK

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:08 am
Nanenna
Oh, I noticed the Aquariums a while ago, it took me far too long to save up enough gold to open the next contest in my clan. -_- I like giving out good prizes, 60k for first place winner. ^^

Anyways... how does Roliana keep track of what one is posting and whether it is grammatically correct or not? And even if they do, what about people who, say, copypasta something someone else wrote into a post somewhere in the Chatterbox? Do they still get the reward? So then the chatterbox would just be full of the same spammers plus a lot of people who are making quick, long, grammatically correct posts with little to no effort and are getting extra rewards for it, that hardly seems fair.
They dont really have a chatter box, and there is a rule against copy and pasting a really long post of nothing. Someone even got banned for it. ((He kept posting big german copy and pasted threads))
So you get in trouble for that. Not only roliana does it, but quite a few other websites do too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:03 pm
I have to say i am very happy with the changes made to the aquariums, but they shouldn't have hit the daily chance so hard. the site for a while seemed to have the aquariums running the gold gain and now they took that away and gave you more for posting. the only thing this will do is increase the spam so people can get their daily gold without doing anything but posting in bold the word
"Spam!"
its frustrating and true but thats all it will do to the site.  

ShinyRoboWeasel

Floppy Browser

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:38 pm
I Was about to say that there was a site doing it but I forgot the name...*wilts* I have no idea how they'll control that with the way they can barely handle reports as it is. I'm guessing the higher grants are also from the gold sink they had form the SOS thing...(?)  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games