XBOX
  PlayStation2
  Nintendo DS
  PlayStation Portable
  an old-school console (NES, N64, ext.)
View Results

GreenDay_is_TheNetwork

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:27 am
I figured I should make a thread, and I didn't see one where people could argue about why the XBOX sucks or the GameCube rocks their socks... so, here ya go!

exclaim My point: I like all of them, but can't really say anything about the GameCube, cuz I don't have one. Out of the Handhelds, I'd say the Nintendo DS is better than the PSP, because it has more games I'm interested in than the latter. Out of the next-gen systems, I'd say PS3 is best, because it's FULLY backwards compatible, and I have a few PS1 games I couldn't live without 3nodding .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:28 am
Quote:
[greenday_is_thenetwork]
I figured I should make a thread, and I didn't see one where people could argue about why the XBOX sucks or the GameCube rocks their socks... so, here ya go!

exclaim My point: I like all of them, but can't really say anything about the GameCube, cuz I don't have one. Out of the Handhelds, I'd say the Nintendo DS is better than the PSP, because it has more games I'm interested in than the latter. Out of the next-gen systems, I'd say PS3 is best, because it's FULLY backwards compatible, and I have a few PS1 games I couldn't live without 3nodding .

I have to agree with you. However, I do have a Gamecube and all I can say is that its kick a** to the max. ^ ^ I can't wait until the Revolution comes out. You'll be able to download old skool games (NES, SNES, N64 games), and it's online compatible (finally, NOA!!).

But I'm uber excited about the DS WiFi. Check it out -

http://www.nintendowifi.com

It's down at the moment for some reason, but it was working earlier!!

Quote:
Mario Kart DS Bundle Burns Rubber with Red-Hot Nintendo DS

On Nov. 28, Nintendo will offer a special bundle of the new Wi-Fi-enabled Mario Kart DS racing game with the fifth new Nintendo DS color, Hot Rod Red. The package will be available at an MSRP of $149.99, for a savings of about $15. The Hot Rod Red DS will come with a checkered-flag wrist strap and a series of racing-inspired decals to let owners customize their rides with sporty numbers or red-hot flames.

Mario Kart DS will be the first Nintendo game to take advantage of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's free wireless gaming service. DS owners around the world will be able to race one another wirelessly using high-speed Internet connections at home or at Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection hotspots. With more than 30 new and classic racetracks, racers will be able to show their style as they aim for the finish line.

Mario Kart DS, Rated E for Everyone, launches on Nov. 14.

Taken from - http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=5G5uR0c7GNEpMFyT1ERobRGbg1DkR-KK&page=newsmain  

Lynna Valin

Silverlight Angel

Beloved Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:44 pm
My favorite consoles..

1. GBA SP/DS
2. Playstation 2
3. SNES
4. PSP
5. XBox
6. PC

Everything else is in a bit of a jumble below that.. sweatdrop

I can't wait for the PS3.. mostly because it'll give me a good chance to grab a japanese PS2 at a decent price. I'm definitely getting the PS3 when it gets cheaper.. I'm assuming a year or so later. I haven't even gotten a PSP yet, after all. Not enough money for all that! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:16 pm
I'm still partial to the N64.
Sure, the graphics suck by today's standards, but hey. It was a good, solid system, with many good games.  

Jaxaelin

Kelmur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:42 am
if memory serves me which it rarely does - a friend of mine who is a nintendo (the company not the consol) junkie said that N64 helped pave the road for the GC, Xbox and Ps2

Though personally I like th GC and Ps2 I don't particually like the Xbox because to me it's to much of a flash and dash system. when it first came out it was litterly only built to play Halo - thats when the full control ofhte controllers were utillized - beyond that every other gameforthexbox only need the D-pan and 2 buttons to really paly them which was SAD.

Yes it's got some nice looking games that are visually stunning but there's the back bone the substance needed to make a consol GREAT- whenever I ask xbox users this they all ways tell me to go to hell with my GC and useless kiddy games because all the games for the xbox are rated teen or mature.

Meh ah well ^^ now I'm a computer fiend hehe darn YOU WoW Darn YOU  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:58 pm
Kelmur
if memory serves me which it rarely does - a friend of mine who is a nintendo (the company not the consol) junkie said that N64 helped pave the road for the GC, Xbox and Ps2

Though personally I like th GC and Ps2 I don't particually like the Xbox because to me it's to much of a flash and dash system. when it first came out it was litterly only built to play Halo - thats when the full control ofhte controllers were utillized - beyond that every other gameforthexbox only need the D-pan and 2 buttons to really paly them which was SAD.

Yes it's got some nice looking games that are visually stunning but there's the back bone the substance needed to make a consol GREAT- whenever I ask xbox users this they all ways tell me to go to hell with my GC and useless kiddy games because all the games for the xbox are rated teen or mature.

Meh ah well ^^ now I'm a computer fiend hehe darn YOU WoW Darn YOU

The Xbox didn't stun me. It's just a PC connected to the tv with controllers.

*sold her soul to NOA*

Lynna Valin

Sexual Innuendo

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:19 am
My favorites? Gamecube, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, and most definately Game Boy Advance.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:27 am
1. PC
2. GBA
3. ps2
then like gcn, xbox and all the others.  

zamn

Aged Poster

TawakeruDain
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:53 am
well it hasn't been confirmed that PS3 will be backwards compatible with ps1 yet, that may make the system cost a whole lot more ^^;; But yea, Im a fan of just about all the systems except for xbox. I like a lot of the games on it, but I dislike microsoft and their plan to make EVERYTHING online for multiplayer. Honestly, what happen to the good ol' fashioned everyone gets together at someones house and plays games all day. The gamecube and N64 are good examples of how that can work good if the right games are released. Not that I don't think online is a great idea, I just miss being able to play co-op on games with another person being right there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:30 am
My favorite systems:

1. SNES
2. N64
3. Gamecube
4. Dreamcast
5. Saturn
6. Playstation 2
------------------
1. Nintendo DS
2. PSP
3. Gameboy Advance (SP)
4. Gameboy Color

9/10 times--- Retro games are more fun than newer games.

Yes, Xbox/360 is all flash and tech. Nothing of substance besides halo 1/2 has ever came out for it. Unreal Tournament 2004 is so much better.  

Prettybaby2k8

hawaiigal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:59 am
PS2 has gotta be the best since it has the most variety of games.
Then the N64! I love all the mario old school games (well there not that old but still pretty old)
PC too, cuz PC is for World of Warcraft ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:17 pm
Hmm...well I personally don't like Xbox, because they don't have the games I like. But then again, I don't have one, so I can't judge sweatdrop

I love the Gamecube. The controller is so simple to use and is fun. The only problem with it is that there's barely any good games for it (Tales of Symphonia was the best game that could be played on the GC)

The PS2 has games that I dreamed of playing when I only had the GC, but at the moment I only have two games for it (tenically 1, because I'm letting a friend borrow SSX3). It also has better graphics than the GC. But one bad thing about the PS2 is that it has frozen on me twice already (it was a used PS2), while I've never had that problem with the GC.  

Nightgina

Distinct Gekko

Crayola Crayon Cookies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:14 pm
all of the game systems i love are the ones i own (i skipping computer 'cause i dont have that many good games on it):

*sega (got rid of)
*sega genisis (spelling? got rid of)
*n64 (recently got rid of)
*game boy color
*game boy advanced
*game cube
*ps2 (bought with money from n64)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:39 am
Dreamcast! heart  

Cutish

3,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100