Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:43 am
User Image

The sea was raging today. The waves crashed violently against the high cliff upon which stood the cave that made Coraline's home. Each sound was amplified in that little cave of hers, sounding like pounds of gravel thrown up against stone. The sky was gray and menacing, thick, inky clouds concealing the sun.

A pair of clear, blue eyes peered out from inside the cavern, watching the horizon where it seemed much calmer. The sigh that left Coraline's airway longed to be one with the sea, rather than separation from this menacing sight. It expressed her longing for the sun to shine, too, however. She enjoyed the sight of clear blue water reflecting the sun, as would anyone. Cory loved seeing the waves rolling peacefully, creating the necessary background music which she would often accompany with her own vocals.

Her seafoam-blue locks were tossed frantically where they weren't held together by the strand of pearls she wore whenever the wind rushed inside. For the first time since she'd come to the Kawani lands, she felt loneliness. The storm raged on outside. No sea-creature would come and greet her and no land-creature would dare venture out of their shelter, especially not to wander over to a dangerous cavern by the cliff side.

For the first time in many moons, she felt tears well up in the corners of her eyes. Oh, if only she had a guardian angel that cared. Another crash of the waves rose threateningly high and a few droplets splattered onto Coraline, making her retreat further into the cave. And, as another first, she closed her eyes and prayed for someone to come and distract her. The sea's anger depressed her, and this storm seemed as if it'd never end.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:37 am
User Image

Again and again and again. The weather just wasn't on Alex's side lately, every adventure he went on it was either a cloudy dim day, or pouring it down with rain;no sunlight to spark a bit of life onto the scenery, making everyone a little more grouchy and giving the shadow lurkers more of an edge to the poor innocent souls. It might of been a good thing that company hadn't been easy to find lately, the fact that he stuck out like a sore thumb within all the darkness and having such a bright pelt made him an easy target. The poor mare that would end up with him...

Slowly, he pulled his damp body along the muddy terrain his travels this time was bringing him closer and closer towards the sea - how he'd wanted to see it. He hadn't been near it before, only in his mothers tales of wisdom had she mentioned how beautiful and peaceful it was. The scenery gentle to the eyes and it was better spent with those you cared about. He hadn't had any idea other than his family and his friends how much you had to care for someone, he'd never had much luck with the ladies afterall.

He'd trailed far off and drifted towards a hilltop finally agitated with the weather once again. Thats all he seemed to be lately, annoyed. It wasn't his fault if he wasn't partial to the wetter side of things. He preferred sun, and jolly smiles.. Or a peaceful place with the company of a calm soul..

He couldn't remember how long it had been since he had company like that.

'Thats it' he thought, thrashing his tail along the ground lifelessly. 'im taking shelter till it passes by... A fresh start after, how can you beat it?' he smirked to himself, wondering what the next sunny day could bring and when he finally discovered a small cave he paused; what the heck? theres a cave there?

The dark sapphires peered around into the dim lit cave growing darker as it went on. How suspicious... Although it was perfect to spend a dull day in. If he was to barge into someones home though, how rude would that be!? Unless... Something evil lived in it.. Nah - He'd deal with it.

Something was just... Grabbing his attention; it felt like, he needed to go in.

So he decided on the more responsible thing to do:

"Err... Hello?"

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 am
Coraline's eyes were still squinted shut when an unfamiliar sound echoed around her. A voice bounced off the walls and eventually faded. It was definitely masculine, but kind. Hesitant, but almost eager at the same time. But it could've been the wind, however much Coraline wished against it. She wanted someone to have come for her. Needed somebody to converse with and drive out the evils of the weather.

'Just a second longer...' She didn't want to open her eyes to nothingness because then the waiting cascade of tears would surely streak her pelt. Were those hoofbeats or did she imagine it? Was it just the storm getting wilder? 'Who's here to see me cry, after all.' With a gasp of air and a last-second prayer for her suspicions to ring true, she let her lids flutter open.

There was a definite light coming from the end of the cavern's passage. Though heavily shadowed, she could make out features that were evidently equine; Four legs with muddy golden hooves glistening with the wet of a long journey through the rain, ears that looked as it they had something behind them, a head that couldn't belong to anything but a horse. And then there were the wings... 'A wind...?' But no, she counted one, two, four sets. She gasped, her eyes widening into giant discs, 'an angel?!'

An Angeni stallion stood before her. Soaked with a long travel. And all this while Coraline simply mused about his actual presence, "p-please, come in!" Her eyes teared. But this sensation was due to her prayers being answered; She wished for an angel and received just that. Someone to drive away the storm. A grateful smile lit up her features as her cheeks were dyed temporarily hot-pink with happy tears.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:16 am
Hey! Someone was home, this was his lucky day and from the sound of the voice that seemed pretty eager to welcome him into their home, it was infact a mare. He grinned pretty content with the reply but still, he could hardly see a thing in the dark cave; squinting he could recall seeing something blue, like a really pale blue and from what he could grasp he treaded towards it, mystified by the presence.

"I'm sorry to barge in on you like this, the storm was really getting to me with its frequent downpour of rain. Not the best of days to visit the sea huh?" He asked the shadowed figure until he could see what she looked like a bit clearer.

Holy WHOA- Now, she was pretty. He paused, jaw drooping slightly at the sight of the stranger. She was like nothing he'd ever seen before. The long seafoam locks with glistening pearls that danced around them with the most elegant ghostly lit eyes.

When he had realized his rude reaction, he shuffled up he jaw and looked to the side, eyes twittering upwards.

"My names Alex" he quickly added in, lowering his now gentle gaze to her own, casting her a warm hearted smile. She seemed to be alone n here, with only the crashing of the waves echoing for comfort. That was sad... Maybe, she liked it that way?

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 am
The clip-clop of hooves moving towards her was the only indication of the stallion's location for a moment. Coraline couldn't see a length in front of her nose in this darkness! But the stallion did have a particular light about him, the way his coat glistened. Rarely did he completely slip into the darkness.

Then he was there, close to her, and she could make out his features clearly. His azure eyes seemed to be contained in no white, and this mystified the mare. She stared into them intently, to the point where she could see her pale blues and whites reflected in his, noticing the ironic contrast. Then she noted his jaw, which seemed to have fallen a bit slack, and wondered if it was in terror. Did the wind disturb her hair? Did her tears distort her appearance? Did he think her... unattractive? Embarrassed, she dropped her gaze to the floor.

He spoke again, and she was quick to raise her head, flashing him an awkward smile, "my name is Coraline." Well, if he did think the afore mentioned, he was definitely courteous about concealing his disgust. He gave her a warm smile, and hers melted into such as well. "I'm glad..." She was never one to let what others thought of her get to her, so why start now? "That you came, I mean.. It's really lonely here in this weather..." A blush crept into her cheeks at this little admittance.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:02 am
'Coraline.. huh?'

His thoughts melted when he caught her gaze which she lifted up once again and in seconds he went from a powerful up held stallion to a gentle being who wanted nothing more than to just accept what the world should really be in.. Peace.

It was then she had mentioned her loneliness from within the cave and how she was glad in his arrival... That was definitely new, apart from his parents, who else had ever shown gratefulness for him being there? Or ever flashed a familiar smile apart from Zul' even now, he never saw much of his best friend. He wanted to become a two legger and comfort her the way they could comfort each other - pff how frighteningly odd would that be. One minute a horse the next a human. The poor lass would be in fright.

Looking to the side, he kept what he could of his admiring of her secret, but on a pale coat, what peachy pink could ever be kept hidden?

"May I... Join you?" He asked, looking down to a dark space next to where she was, to be able to rest would be refreshing and in such sweet company, it was anyone's dream that a dull day could become like a paradise.

"Oh.. And, thanks. Its nice to meet you Coral...Ugh is it ok to call you that?" He stammered. "I mean, you have a really pretty name..." Oh god, what was he doing! He lowered his head embarrassed, letting what the bangs could hide his gaze. 'damn! Don't mess this up stupid'' he thought to himself, pouting.

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:47 am
"But, of course!" Coraline kept the pleasant smile upon her features, shaking her head ever so slightly, "as I've just said, I'm very grateful to have you here." He was a gentleman by the highest standards, in Coraline's mind. A true blessing from the heavens, to be graced with his presence on such a day. Such a day... Cory had almost forgotten about the storm that was still busy uprooting trees and turning waves.

Her blush deepened when he called her name 'pretty', and she was grateful for her already-pink pelt. 'Goodness, I'd be pink as a turnip if not!' She laughed at herself internally for the comparison, "thanks... And, it's perfectly alright for you to call me that."

Coraline's head tilted to see his head lowered, and thought that she saw a pink tint in his cheeks as he lowered his head. 'Why did he lower his head? This baffled her for a moment, but, like every other thought, she simply shook her head and dismissed it to the back of her mind, 'savor the moment.'

She gestured to the spot next to her, welcoming him to rest. "I kind of... Prayed for company, you know," honestly, could she blush any deeper without her head exploding, "and how ironic was it that they sent me, well, an angel..." Her cheeks were on fire.

'Oh, I'm such an idiot.' Coraline then dearly hoped that he didn't get offended by her calling him an 'angel'. Sure, it was a general term, but it wasn't that fitting for a male, was it.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:14 am
Wait- Did... She just call him an Angel? 'the irony in that' He laughed lightly in good nature whilst tucking the four graceful wings upon his back neatly by either of his sides soon lowering his masculine body to the damp cold flooring. It didn't seem that cold next to her, it was kinda surprising he'd lowered so close to her but it felt nice.. Warm unlike the outside world, wow now it was an unknown land? Ok serious what was this chick doing to him? Maybe that's what she was.. A beautiful siren, in the disguise of an angel...

"Ha, thats funny, here I was thinking you were an angel finally calling out to me through all the dull clouds" he didn't understand how it worked really, it took him back abit when she said she'd prayed for his arrival...

'was that.. A calling? Maybe I was meant to be here. I mean, descendant from the heavens, an unearthly need to enter this cave to rest.. Was I meant to- nah, it couldn't be' his thoughts swirled, many many theories appeared, even though Alex was one for facts it was quite gradually growing on him... In the short amount of time that the lonely mare had some sort of connection. Or was that just him? And assuming something from coincidence.

He sighed, slightly troubled but what did it matter? He should just enjoy what wonderful company today had brought.

He turned his head to speak once again, but as the tip of his nose touched the poor girls cheek, he jumped pulling it back; calmly lowering it away from hers. 'That was HOW CLOSE? Crap. Get it together man.. How manly is that?'

"OOps! Im sorry Coral.. I mis-understood how close you were. Heheh" He smiled, more confidently when turning a shy gaze sidewards. He didn't need to be this jumpy. If it was true.. That he was sent here, because of her praying then he shouldn't be so worried. He raised his head and shook it gently, looking into her ghostly blue orbs.

"Forgive me. Nervousness had me tangled but I guess, since I came here because you called for me, its alright. " Alex's charming chuckle echoed like the smooth chime of a bell along the walls of the cave and he lifted her pearly decorated mane from out of her face.

"Why are you here? All alone... May I ask?"

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:35 am
The fire gradually faded, and she exhaled quietly in relief. She kept her gaze straight ahead, at the cave's opening, the inky gray cloud-formations shifting, the wind whistling eerily. Funny, how she only noticed these things now. They had faded so easily with Alex's arrival. Hearing the waves crashing again with a velocity that could probably break bones, Coraline marveled over this simple fact.

Her head tilted to the side, subconsciously inclining ever so slightly towards Alexander. Then he called her an angel, and she laughed lightly at the irony. She was just about to turn and acknowledge his words, but her head made contact with something while turning.

There it was again, the fire. Hotter than she had ever experienced, it seared through her cheeks and down her neck. Her heartbeat pulsated through her body and she was frozen where she lay for a long moment.

'T-that was... Alex... My cheek...' And then denial to put herself at ease, 'an accident. Must've been...'

"I-it's alright, Alex!" She gave him another smile and hoped it looked reassuring seeing how awkward his expression was. Once again, she blushed as he shifted her hair, mouthing a silent 'thank you'.

"Why am I here alone?" Coraline repeated the question, averting her gaze to rest on the dark ceiling, "well, for one, I live here.. Alone." She sighed lightly before continuing, "you see, in my earliest childhood, I was left on a faraway shore by my parents. I was a blind foal, they must've thought me useless," Moisture flooded her eyes once more at the memory and she gave a humorless chuckle, "I survived, however. My childhood was lived out in literal darkness, so I can't tell you much about the beach on which I slept and woke every morning. But one day there was a storm..." Her gaze was cast to the cave's mouth, gesturing to the weather, "much like this one. I couldn't see, and I was swept away by the thrashing waves. At some point I became unconscious. It was traumatizing at the time, but I woke up to find that the waves cast me on this shore. And I've never left. Not once.."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:14 pm
It must of been like a movie, as the clouds danced and collided at the mouth of the cave, forks of yellow streaked the dull greys and in an instant reflex to protect her his wing, spread out wide curling around her fragile body and then tucking her into his side; lowering his head to rest atop of hers to keep her within his own shelter.

Then came the thunder. The roar of the ocean crackled in echo's around them and even his ears flushed back to disregard the harsh sounds. It only made him realize, how lonely and terrifying this cave must be in this weather, on her own... All the time.

Even through the sudden mass of actions, he was listening to ever word she spoke and took every word into deep consideration. His breath was low, silent but after the sounds eased for a moment it was an orchestra of both their breaths... He even managed to feel the rapid pounding of her heart. His cheeks painted in scarlet and he eyed the dull walls away from her gaze, un moving from where his head was newly placed - Like his own fell into sync with her heart.

There just.. Wasn't an excuse he could bring himself to say for it.

"Wow.. Through all of my life, Ive never... Had to even imagine how bad something like that must make you feel. Even so, its a miracle you gained back your sight.." He paused allowing the crashing of the waves to claw at their ever listening ears once again, before softly continuing the speech.

"I understand why you must be attached to this place.. Your home. Its the only one you'v ever known... Isn't it?" His eyes shook, feeling for her past.

"Just to let you know..I'm glad" He stated, smiling warmly. "That you regained back your sight. You deserve as much as the world can offer"

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:42 pm
It was only when she'd stopped talking that she noticed his gentle embrace. At this, too, she marveled. That was, until the booming voice came from the heavens, seemingly shaking the earth.

A whimper escaped her, a shudder running through her body with the sound, and then new tears flowed with the realization of what Alex had done for her. Usually, she'd have been alone, backed into a corner. Helpless. She leaned into him gratefully, being careful to make sure that none of her "spikes" discomforted him.

Quietly, she watched the yellow dance across the gray. With Alexander by her side, it wasn't as frightening. Graceful, almost. A mermaid from far away once told her of another land, with strange animals that were quick but beautiful in their motions. The lightning brought back this memory. 'What were they called..?' The sky was a pleasant blue that day and the seas were calm. 'Oh, right, "gazelles."' She had a longing; To see such a day with Alex. All he'd seen of her was terror and fright. What would it be like to simply enjoy a good, sunny day with him?

"Yes, this is my only home." She remembered the many days she'd stay here alone, getting a rare visitor now and then.

A sudden, frightening realization hit her then. 'Is Alex going to leave?' Her eyes widened and she bit her lip, disturbed by a thought of never seeing "her angel" again. She was glad he couldn't see her face then. He needn't worry.

"My sight... That is a miracle... And I used to think it'd be the only miracle the gods would ever grace me with..." She smiled, now tilting her head back to meet his gaze.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 pm
Infact, Alex hadn't noticed the spikes at all, it was weird really how he'd managed to overlook them, he usually had a keen eye for detail and it was only when he'd pulled her close quickly and felt something ruffle the feathers along his wing that he'd slowly gazed back out the corner of his eye to see what the object was.. When in fact, they were attached to her back. He found it astonishing, really. Alex always had been odd like that... He loved things that were different and... She was different.

His gaze slowly returned to the distressed mare who he shielded from the scolding of the heavens and for a slow moment, he forgot all the echo's, the yelling and at last the threats that threw rocks scrambling across into pieces as they collided with either sides of the caves walls by closing his eyes and briefly allowed himself to relax.

The day had been exhausting, the journey had been long and the weather had been equally as unkind, however there had been some light to the dull day one he was grateful for, and she was aside him, her warmth a blessing filled with comfort and her hair like soft silk, easy to lean into.

"You need not to worry" He whispered softly "Your not alone now. I'll protect you..." maybe it was a thoughtless promise, how he might just pick up and leave the next day but could he really do that? He never went back on his promises ever and a deep weight pulled hard against his heart.

What was happening? 'I couldn't... Could I?'

He leaned into her gently, and let her words fill his ears. A light labored laughter exhaled in low breaths "Heh, you say it asif there's something more... Another miracle that's happened... " He paused, studying the last curdling thoughts. "Has there..?"

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 pm
"Of course there was another. You showed up." Wasn't it obvious? His presence brightened her cave. It almost gave her a new sight, in a way. She experienced feelings that challenged her placid, nonchalant temper, yet were strangely welcomed.

His whispered promise had sent her heart humming with the velocity's of beating hummingbirds' wings. 'Thank you...' Coraline's thanks reached to the heavens, the two words full of more honesty and truth than any others she'd voiced or thought in her life.

Alexander appeared to be a tad weary, she noticed, from the increased weight of his body as he leaned into her again. She didn't mind the pressure of the weight whatsoever, it was in fact very comforting. Her own head inclined towards him into a more comfortable position.

Alex's words still ran circles through her mind, 'You need not to worry...' And she couldn't worry with him there. His being there was reassuring. She trusted him; Coraline would trust him with her life if things came to such a choice.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:49 am
Alex's features tilted into a soft closure; pulling his head back from the resting spot he'd buried into her crown, he looked over her, savoring what beauty laid before him and who he'd been holding protectively close. Of course he new! He just... Needed to hear if it was truthfully what she believed. How could someone know so strongly after only meeting a short while ago. Was it the weather?

Alex just didn't know anymore.

A breath floated out into the wild storm, as it caught and hauled the sigh out to the raging sea, perhaps joining with the lonely one that Coraline had earlier breathed. At least they could be together there. He'd thought earlier that tomorrow would be a fresh start but how could it be with Coraline... His dream would pull him away from this place and he knew her heart was devoted to the sea and this small damp cave.

If only it could have been different. Deep down, he knew... He knew it and it scolded him, like a flurry of butterflies swarming, fluttering about wildly in his stomach restless along side the storm.

'Im falling for her'
he gulped, inwardly his heart laughing at how weak he felt about the situation, his instinct trying to pull him from drowning with ever loud 'thud' of the heart beat - trotting faster as he thought about the mystic maiden. 'or maybe... Its already too late.'

"This storm is getting wilder, it might be easier if you slept, and got some rest." He paused, an expression of thought soon devoured by friendlier features, even reassuring smile. "I'll be here when you wake" he nodded, half to try ease the guilt throbbing inside, and half to position it to both of them.

They would talk in the morning... I think, they really needed to. If she felt the same... What would his family think? Ah- another thing to bring up... There was just more and more things that needed to be said. He wanted to speak with her, and continue in a never ending conversation...

He really did, want to be her guardian angel out of all the creatures in the world, he was glad it was her.

HyperCandy Loli

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am
Coraline felt Alex shift his weight, and looked up at his inquisitively. Why was he looking at her like that? She cocked her head slightly, a small, wondering smile playing across her lips. Her eyes were wide under her lashes from what she could see reflected in his.

Something about his eyes. This was the second time she'd felt lost in their midnight-blue depths. 'Perhaps... I can find happiness there...' Was that silly of her to think?

She felt as if staying under his gaze would somehow, magically solve all her problems. If she was near him always, eternal serenity would be possible. Coraline laughed silently at her thoughts, 'but how can that be?'

He suggested rest, then, and she suddenly noticed just how tired she was. She stifled a yawn, and was about to ask, "won't you be here when I wake?" But that question was answered before it left her lips, and she felt smugly satisfied with that fact. So he must know, how much she needed him there. "Thank you," her response was followed by another yawn, and she didn't struggle against it.

Within moments, her eyelids fluttered shut and her body relaxed against his. A warm mellowness encompassed her and she drifted into a peaceful slumber, gladly ignorant of the raging, persistent storm.

Her dreams were of never-ending beaches, of calm seas and blue skies. Those weren't as important, however, as the stallion walking next to her....

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff