Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Editorial

Back to Guilds

A guild for all avatar editors, and avatar edit collectors. 

Tags: Avatar, Edit, Editorial, Editing, Edits 

Reply Answers and Resources
[TUTE] Separating Compiled Images

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sailoreclipse
Crew

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Almost everyone (if not everyone) has a version of MS Paint on their computer. When images are uploaded together (to conserved image hosting webpage space) you can separate them in MS Paint following these easy steps.

1) Open MS Paint
2) Click File--Open and select the image you wish to separate from your computer.
3) Using the Selection tool(top right) highlight the area you wish to have separated. Once you have selected that area, move it to the top left.
4) Pull the blue corner tab of the entire image(default designated as a diagonal arrow pointing upleft and downright) to isolate just that image.
5) Click File--Save as and create a file name for your new image. Save it.
6) Repeat as many times as necessary for the other compiled images you wish to separate from the initial image.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:26 pm
iicookiies

I did what the guide said, but how do you delete the huge space?
I had 5 edits altogether, so I erased all except the second, and did the arrow thing but the 1st edit's space showed up

You use the select tool to grab the second edit and move it to the top left. Then you move the blue arrow at the bottom right corner to delete the rest of the image. You redo this for the other edits as well.  

sailoreclipse
Crew

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200

ii C o o k i i e s

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm
sailoreclipse
iicookiies

I did what the guide said, but how do you delete the huge space?
I had 5 edits altogether, so I erased all except the second, and did the arrow thing but the 1st edit's space showed up

You use the select tool to grab the second edit and move it to the top left. Then you move the blue arrow at the bottom right corner to delete the rest of the image. You redo this for the other edits as well.

Thanks, I got it  
Answers and Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff