[PRP] Building a New Life (Whistle x Ballad) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:30 pm
This is a solitary RP by me ~Latonia de la Courtel~ featuring my LifeMated pair of Fayths, Ballad and Whistle. It may also feature brief mentions of their family (both here and away), and a strong presence of their familiars: Minstrel and Aria (respectively). Please do not post here, but if you stop in I hope you enjoy the read!

~:Remembering:~

'Do you know that place, between sleep and awake? That's where I'll always love you.'
Even after so long.. Hearing the words she said hurt. Whistle bowed her head and held back a flow of tears, feeling her heartbreak once again at the memory. She was a Dream. A Hope. But she had taken on a life of her own.. And she had been killed. And she had been given a Second Chance.
That's why she was here now. The Powers that Govern Life and Death had given her another chance, a true life of sorts. Now, even she- as a Dream- could have dreams. Or rather, nightmares. Her dreams were of her past, mostly... She was haunted by words of love and endearment to one who was probably dead. That was what had awoken her.. Her final promise to him...
"Do you know that place, between sleep and awake?" She asked. "That place, we first met?"
He nodded, eyes filling with tears, and a small smile crossing his lips. "Yes.. Of course.."
"That's where I'll always love you..."

"STOP IT!" She railed at her memories... Closing her eyes and shaking her head as though it would all become mist and float away. However, the mist that had floated over these new Lands seemed to magnify her thoughts.. Make them pictures, moving images, living beings... Make it look like he was standing there in front of her once more.
But he's gone... Gone.. Her heart keened.
She hung her head, tears flowing freely down her cheeks to the emerald grass. Standing slowly, she gave her amethyst form a shake, sending a spray of nearly glowing dew into the dark air.
The soft glow of her markings seemed to have worn off on the water, for she could see it glimmer as it left her pelt, and then splash to the grass, where it lost it's unearthly light. Watching the droplets for a moment, she turned her eyes to the stars, and then back to the grass.
Once more she set out, pushed ever onward, drawn toward her destiny. If he called she was here, she would run to him.. Like they promised.
"Just whistle, and I'll come running... I promise." She echoed, and a single silver tear slid down her dark cheek. "I promise Ballad... I love you."

Watching her fade away nearly broke his heart. Knowing there was nothing he could do to save her, stop her, protect her. Whistle.
'You know that place, between sleep and awake? That's where I'll always love you.' She whispered with a sad smile.
And then she was gone. And there was no bringing her back, no following her to wherever she had gone. Where do Dreams go when they are slain? To the Farplane like Souls do?
He hoped so, for that's where he'd go look for her first.
'Just whistle, I'll come running, I promise.'
Could it really be that simple?
Watching her walk out of the evening mist, he didn't know whether to joy or sorrow. Was he just seeing things? Could she really be here? After all this time wandering and searching? After watching her fade to Pyreflies, watching her melt away?
"Whistle?" He whispered.
"Ballad..." She smiled.
It was her eyes.. Her smile.. Her voice.
He was home.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:39 pm
~:Building a New Life:~

User Image

Whistle sighed softly to herself as she slowly waded into the shallows of the river. She was learning to live her life again, or rather, to live her new life. Day by day, moment by moment, breath by breath, she was starting over... And she was grateful for each and every passing second. She had every hope that this new chance would be better than the last, that slowly all the pieces of her life -her family- would fall back into place and leave her world whole.
Slowly things were looking up, she had to admit. She was safe in a new land, a land haunted by her dark son. And then her healer-child, her noble son, came to find her. And on his heels, her beloved mate. Her family was falling into place -with a new daughter to boot- and her memories restored.
Things were certainly improving. In this place they had no unnatural enemies, the land was rich with friends and places to travel. Here the list of things to do and see were nearly endless, enough to soothe even the most restless wanderer or explorer. Which she certainly was not, not with everything going so well. But she knew that even the best things didn't last forever, couldn't last forever.
So she was more than content to enjoy it while it did.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 pm
User Image

The curtain of willow trees parted easily enough to admit the soft dusky-blue stallion. In no great hurry, he took a curving route through the grove, winding around the stooping trees and their heavy trailing branches. Scattered amongst the weeping willows were miniatures of a similar nature, trailing sprays of soft pink cherry blossoms. Ballad paused to examine one, inhaling the scent and making a soft noise of approval.
The sound of distant splashing told him Whistle was wading in the river, one of her favorite past-times. Leaving the flowers behind, Ballad inched closer to the water, smiling as he caught glimpses of his Mate. Even at a distance, he could tell...
"You're thinking awfully hard, my water flower." Ballad murmured, drifting out of the grove of willows and coming to a halt on the river bank.
The early morning sun was lazing behind a bank of clouds, just barely topping the mountains beyond the forest. Pale golden light spread timidly over trees and field, dripping into the meadow with its grove of willows. Slowly turning this stretch of river into a lazy ribbon of light. And at its heart stood Whistle, her indigo coat marked with flowing white and dotted with golden drops of water. Her mane and tail, flowing black and silver, floated in the water around her, rippling with the current.
Drifting closer, the mist-colored stallion rumbled in amusement as he watched her turn to face him, tilting his head thoughtfully as she waded closer. "Are you troubled?"

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm
Whistle enjoyed the softly muffled chime of the river rocks beneath her hooves, pausing to tap at one particularly silvery rounded stone. Brightly colored fish darted around her hooves, reminding her of her homeland with their brilliantly colored scales. Her pause lengthened as she considered them, making a noise of amusement when one nearly got itself
tangled in the trailing silken net of her mane, and then darted off in fear.
She moved on a moment later, lifting her hooves above the knee-high water as she trotted to a slightly-shallower. When she was only fetlock deep, she stopped, shaking herself to free her coat of some of the water. Diamond-like drops of water flew in every direction, but still couldn't manage to reach the stallion on the bank.
"Perhaps I am." She agreed as she considered the stallion still safely on dry land, flicking an ear as she smiled. "Or maybe I'm thinking just 'hard enough', hmm? And I think we are always troubled, My Love, it is a legacy of my existance as well as yours."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm
Ballad smiled fondly as he watched her wade closer, playfully skirting backwards when the water flew. He snorted and stomped one fore-hoof, grinning when she smiled his way.
"Attempting to drown me, love? What have I done to deserve such a fate?" He drifted back toward the water's edge, not yet near enough for the gently lapping crystal flow to touch his dark hooves. "Perhaps I should just go back to pacing amongst the willows, they at least bear me no ill-will."

"Not yet, maybe." Minstrel -Ballad's hummingbird companion- murmured as he flitted out of the trees to hover over the stallion's head. He made a trilling sound of amusement and darted here and there for a moment, coming to rest again at Ballad's shoulder, his wings moving too fast to see. "But perhaps a quick song from your mate could change their minds... She has a way of getting through to things."

Ballad glanced at the small bird and grimaced, turning a wary eye to his mate. "I would rather not have roots rising from the ground to trap me, if you don't mind, Heart of my Heart."

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm
"An early-morning shower is hardly cause for drowning." Whistle countered with a roll of her eyes. "You do have a tendency toward the dramatic, my love, I think that is where our children get it. The next time one of them overreacts over the slightest thing, I'm going to kick you. I expect you to remember this conversation."
She smiled as Minstrel appeared, nodding a greeting to the fluttering bird and laughing as he teased her mate. "If I had any knack at all for speaking to trees, perhaps he would be in danger, Minstrel. Such as it is, I do not, sadly."
Whistle turned away from the bird and back to her mate, smiling at him. "You are safe for now, if that helps calm you at all."
She shook her head and moved out of the water and onto the bank, hooves crunching on the small gravel that took up where the river-rocks left off and then turned to rich green grass that muffled her steps. With a flick of her tail she moved toward the misty-blue stallion waiting for her, smiling as she drew closer.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:47 am
Ballad sighed, bowing his head as he conceded defeat in the face of her practicality. "True enough, true enough it is not adequate cause my Lady... Though I never claimed I was much a swimmer."
He grinned as he teased her, dancing on light hooves and flicking his short tail. "Me? Very well, I accept your charge only because I have no decent volly with which to counter. I will be sure to remember this conversation when such a situation arises, and dart away from your flashing hooves as fast as I am able."
He reared up to huff at the hummingbird, muttering wordlessly under his breath when Minstrel darted out of his reach. "I'll catch you one of these days, feathered-friend... Take care I'm not too angry when I finally manage it."

Minstrel gave a twittering trill of laughter and darted down to Ballad's eye-level when the stallion stood on all four feet again. "You're rarely angry, Son of Song, and never at me. I think I shall be just fine, even if I do annoy you again in the near future."

Ballad snorted at his familiar and then at his mate, shaking his head. "Beset on all sides, is it? Fine, I have no choice then but to concede this battle lost, and forfeit the field to you unlikely allies... But I will remember this, Minstrel."
With a final warning to the hummingbird, the pale stallion moved along the bank to greet his mate, nosing her cheek when she stood on dry land. "Hello beloved."

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 am
Whistle tossed her head, rolling her eyes at her mate's jokes. "No, I suppose not... You aren't the sort to lie, after all... Though 'greatly exagerate' is certainly well within the realm of possibility, I see. I will have to remember to warn others about that."
She snorted, laughing softly at his antics and shaking her head as he danced about. "Flashing hooves indeed. You are in a fine mood today, it seems..."
She sobered for a moment, considering him with searching eyes.
"I am glad to see it." She admitted softly. "Truly."
Smiling again at the darting hummingbird, Whistle tsked. "We will find a female to set him straight in no time, do not worry. Look what wonders I have wrought with you, after all. A female is just what Minstrel needs so that he learns how to behave."
She smiled, turning her cheek into his touch and then tucking her head under his chin for a moment. it was peaceful there, in the shelter of his mate's strength. And without thinking she curled slightly until she was tucked into him as much as possible; his mane flowing over her own and their eyes fixed in the same direction over the river. "Hello."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 pm
Ballad huffed in mock affront, flicking his ears back as he momentarily sulked at her. "Well, thank you for that staunch and unyielding support of my honor. I am certain you will convince everyone of your faith in me, with a tone such as that."
He laughed and shook himself a moment later, stilling as Minstrel came to land between his ears, the bird's tiny feet fixing in his mane. "Oh, now you wish to be near me, eh? Careful not to get too annoying, winged friend. I'll give you a good shake before I let my Lady find you a watchdog."

Minstrel whistled affectionately to Whistle and then mockingly buzzed in Ballad's ear, preening a tiny glowing feather back into place with care. "I am going to ignore you, talk to your mate and leave me to my own devices."

Ballad snorted at the small bird but made no further reply, turning slightly so that his mate nestled into the curve of his body as she tucked her dainty head beneath his chin. Curling around her as much as he could, he waited a moment and then rumbled in contentment, his glowing eyes slipping half-closed. "Hello, Dearest. Are you well?"

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm
Playfully, Whistle gave him wide eyes. "Is that what was needed? A staunch and unyielding support of your honor? I'm sorry, I thought we were being honest."
She bowed, laughing. "Perhaps I will do better next time, My Lord."

Considering the hummingbird, Whistle made a thoughtful sound. "A watchdog? I think finding him a Lady would be much more fun, Ballad... She could boss him around, and keep him in line, and cheer him up when he started sulking. A watchdog would just bark, and that would give us all headaches before the day was out."

Winking at Minstrel, she gave him a conspirator's smile. "Perhaps if you're nice to me, I'll even search for the prettiest Lady I can find, winged-friend."
She sighed and relaxed when properly settled, leaning against her mate and smiling at his question. "I think I am quite well, thank you... I have you, and now Minstrel. Kelakohr has found us, and a Lady... Slowly our family is rebuilding itself, and that gives me great joy, as well as hope for the future."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm
"Oh how your words wound me, My Lovely Lady." He rumbled at her sadly, dropping his ears and giving her his most injured look. He couldn't keep the mischief out of his eyes, but he did his best. "I would appreciate it if you would endeavor to be kinder to me in the future."

Minstrel buzzed disapprovingly at Ballad again, giving him a sulky look. "Find me a rare jewel, or a sweet flower, but no hounds. Don't they hunt birds? Are you trying to be rid of me? And this is why you will have no friends, mark my words, Singer!"

He flittered away slightly, and then zipped back to Whistle's side to preen a strand of her forelock. "I will be as nice as I can think to be, Lady, if you would assist me in this."

"Traitor." Ballad accused without heat as he watched the hummingbird cuddle up to his mate and then flit off to the nearest flower. "I'll remember this, Minstrel."

Curling closer and flicking his short tail in pleasure, Ballad rumbled soothingly as his mate settled into his side. Her words made him smile, and he spoke teasingly without hesitation. "I should have known you would be most delight by the prospect of our son finding a lady and eventually starting a family of his own. Did you even miss me at all?"

He nosed her ear to let her know he meant not a word of it. "I admit, I too am glad that our family is slowly regaining strength and returning to us, so do not take my teasing to heart Dearest One. But most of all I am glad to have you again."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm
She laughed at him, shaking her head. "Truly, I am wicked and heartless and I have no idea how you can bear to love me when I am so brutal to you."
She laughed and nudged him with her shoulder. "Maybe, maybe I shall be nicer to you in the future... After I have managed to find Minstrel a Lady so he too is in better humor."

She glanced to Minstrel, watching him flit amongst the flowers. "I am glad you were able to gather friends here and there while searching for me, Dearest One. I do not like the idea of you being alone, any more than I enjoy the idea of our children alone. It is my hope that one day we'll all be together under the strange sun and moon of this land..."

She stretched and rubbed her cheek against his, smiling as his happiness thrummed to her where they leaned against each other. "You enjoy teasing me, you're lucky I love you enough to overlook it. But then, you overlook how cruel I am, so I suppose that we are even."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm
"As if I could mean a single harsh thing I say about you." He chuckled and tugged a strand of her forelock teasingly. "My lovely lady, you know I'd canter up to the sky and kick down every last star if that was what it took to bring you back to me. You're the only light I care to have in my life."

Minstrel hummed contentedly as he browsed amongst the flowers, sipping and darting here and there amongst the colored blooms. He paid little mind to the pair murmuring their sweet nothings, glad enough that Ballad had found his lady. Whistle was on his side about finding him his own love-match, which was interesting and amusing in its own way. It spoke to the mare's nature and how she wished only for the happiness of those around her. She wouldn't stop until she was successful.

"We jest back and forth, but in all things we are a perfect match." Ballad countered with a gentle smile, and then nudged her. "Go on then, you wanted to visit your son his lady, and search for Minstrel's new flower. I will see you again at sundown, yes?"
He glanced at the sky and how the sun sat proudly, it was just now noon. "It is not too long until then, I suppose Minstrel and I will manage without you for a short time."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm
"You might." She grinned. "I would worry some foul spirit had gotten to you, but you might mean it.."

His words made her duck her head, nearly blushing. For all that they were lifemated and had a family, he still made her feel filly-shy and bashful when he used such romantic words. Nuzzling at the proud crest of his neck, she ducked under his chin and hummed contentedly as he wrapped around her. This was where she felt safest, in all the world.

"Yes..." She admitted softly, safe in the warmth of him. "Yes, beloved, I know... And you know I feel the same."

Glancing to Minstrel and then the position of the sun, she flicked her tail and dropped her chin in a deep nod. Yes, it was time for her to be away to visit Kel and Amiera and perhaps find a winged companion of her own -for Minstrel's sake-. She could not argue the little bird was good to have in case they needed to send a quick message... But with only one to share their words, well, Minstrel did see far too much flying to be done.

"You look after our feathered friend, and I will visit our son. Until later, beloved." She murmured, nosing his cheek and picking up a trot as she moved out of their secluded little meadow. Hesitating for a moment at the water's edge, she glanced back to him for a last smile, and then disappeared through the curtain of willow trees.

She would be back soon enough.

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:37 pm
"You should be most careful, while she's gone." Minstrel advised as he fluttered to land between Ballad's ears. He took a moment to preen as the stallion moved along at a gentle walk.

Ballad laughed, rolling his eyes upward to try and catch a glimpse of the bird. When he saw nothing more than a flick of a wing, he turned his eyes forward again. "And why is that, my friend?"

"Because if you get into trouble while she is gone.. You and I will never hear the end of how right she was, and how wrong we were." Minstrel hummed. "Then again, as I said, females are always right... But it would be better if in this case, we did manage without her for a little while. I rather think she would be dreadfully disappointed in us if we managed to wander into the jaws of a Skinwalker the very moment her back was turned."

The misty-blue considered his familiar's words, striding along in silence for a few moments. The woods around them seemed quiet, perhaps a little too quiet? Or was he just letting Minstrel's comment about Skinwalkers turn his head? Perhaps Whistle was right to worry after leaving them behind...
With a sigh, he finally nodded. "There is wisdom in your words. I will endeavor to do my best, little friend.."

The hummingbird trilled at his companion, a warning buzz of sound. "See that you do... There's a chance that I will survive, even if you do not... I have a feeling I would likely never hear the end of how disappointed in me, she is... And since you were gone, I would have to listen to how disappointed in you she is, too."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff