Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 pm
User Image
A dark, slender figure wove its way through the thick foliage, seemingly unhampered by briars and thorns. The seasons had changed. The snows were now melted and gave way to fertile earth and tender shoots. Pooka had little interest in the grasses and leaves, or even the bright early spring flowers that were begining to emerge as brave heralds for the turn of the seasons. However, with the coming spring came the return of small game animals. No longer did she need to snuffle and dig out the little creatures. With delight, she had soon learned that many were not even clever enough to distinguish her scent from the other dimwitted grass-eaters, allowing her to get quite close before they detected something decidedly off about her demeanor. For despite the sharp teeth hidden in Pooka's mouth, there was no infernal Kalona blood in her veins, nor did she bear the stink of a skinwalker. No, Pooka, like her sire and siblings, was something all together differnet.

And now, this twisted mare walked on long legs. She was grown now, and while age did not necessarily bring wisdom, it did bolster her already manic courage.

Taraxippus had seen the madness in her eyes, and despite his assigned role as her father figure, her brother had been lax in his duties. Instead, he had focused more on his own daughters. Granted, he had done all he could to teach her how to hunt, and make certain that she learned things that she needed to know. Taraxippus was obsessive about control, and made sure that he ingratiated himself to his younger half-sister in case he had a need for her in the future.

These thoughts, however were far from Pooka's bent mind. It had been far too long since she had had a good sport of things. This winter had been harsh, and few soquili outside those of her own herd (who unfortunately were quite familiar with her) had passed close to their territory. However, as her legs grew more confident, as did her familiarity with the lands, she began to wander father and farther from home, seeking out... entertainment.

The past few weeks had given her delights in the shape of rodents, even a few deer. But they had begun to grow dull. They couldn't talk, after all. She could not sweep them up into her stories. While diverting, they were not truly entertaining any more. She had not had good sport in months, since the wanderer had come to the edge of their territory.

She picked her way deeper into the woods, further than she had ever been from home, when, there. She could have sworn she heard something... caught the distant whiff of something more interesting than a rabbit or deer. A smile stretched her face as she closed her upper-eyes, delighted to see what mischief she might cause.

mindsend rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm
User Image
(I'm not sure if its possible for Tulgey to be an omnivore without being a Kalona, Skinwalker, or mutant, despite the fact I'd like him to be, so I'm just gonna... Leave that out for now XD He's mostly a plant eatter anyway, and eats stuff that would normally be poisonous so should be good enough @_@. Though there goes some ideas for an opening introduction paragraph, either direction -herb/omni- and unfortunately made my post shrink horribly D8 Sorry!
Uuuh, I'm gonna roll a Single 20 sided dice -- if you could roll one as well, it'll figure out whether or not Tulgey Suceeds or if Pooka recognizes what he's doing before he actually meets up with her. I suppose if we tie, they walk in a circle for a bit or just leave it fully to your choice? I'd like this to befair and surprising for both of us!)

At the same time, another figure, hidden in the dappled sunlight by soft, striped fur, slinked through the same woods, head low as he sniffed at the underbrush, looking for a new 'toy' with which he could play with. However, a noise caught his attention and his ears squiveled back, hmn. Being followed from downwind..

He swung his head slowly to the side, looking behind him carefully, a slow, wide grin crossing his face as he spotted the shadowy visitor, I wonder how long the game will run...

Moving into thicker woods, he slinked carefully through the familiar woods, stepping lightly on the thickest roots whenever possible, trying his best to avoid stepping on crunching twigs and leaves as much as possible as he attempted to circle round and come up from behind, investigating his quarry carefully as he did so, and rubbing his scent onto the trees ahead of her as to lead her forwards.

And now the fun began.

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Sabin Duvert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 am
((Rolling the d20 to see what I get before typing out my response so I know how to act ^^.
And personally it doesn't bother me either way how you play Tulgey as far as eating habits. I think that the shop can be kind of strict as far as official policies when it comes to what a regular soquili can and can't do, but I'm pretty laid back.)) But regardless, Tulgey IS crazy. So who knows what he might do even if he theoretically couldn't digest meat. [/2cents]

Pooka paused. The scent seemed to waft and wane through the underbrush, as elusive as a butterfly through the thick brambles. She cocked her head, an ear flopping over to the side of her head. She knew someone was about. She lifted her blocky muzzle again, trying to catch the scent.

There. On a tree. She tapped forward, her dark tail curling around the branches of nearby trees as she followed what she thought was the path of the Other, not realizing that she was playing nicely into his plans. "Tippy tippy tippy toe." She began to murmur with her own twisted, manic smile. "I shall follow where you go!"

She made no effort to hide her hoofsteps. Perhaps she was overconfident, perhaps she was overly excited to find someone new to interact with. "Slippy shadow, over branch." She continued, voice picking up cadence and growing louder. "I'm the one that leads this dance." She ended her spontaneous rhyme with a tittering laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 pm
(True!Plus, Tulgey's under the delusion he's some sort of Cat-plant hybrid for some reason (Aka, his non-soquili version is one XD), which means, like a plant, he thinks he could devour anything, and like a cat can eat meat. He likely only eats healthily cause his sanity seems to come and go)

"I'm not quite sure that's completely accurate considering the fact I've just looped a full loop-" Tulgey drawled from behind the shadowy Soquili at a relatively safe distance, brows lifting up to vanish through thick green bangs, eyes wide and wild, and wide lips twisted into a grin containing the most subtly pointed canines, "And suddenly find myself following you instead of the other way around."

Chuckling, Tulgey slowly slinked around Pooka, expression casually amused as he kept his eyes locked on hers, his hooves stepping lightly on roots, the soft clip-clop no more then a whisper, "Not often a Jabberwock wanders my woods... Bored my friend?"

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm
Pooka turned quickly, visable eyes widening in a brief revelation of surprise. Clever clever! It was not often that someone got the drop on her. She cocked her head to the side, eyes roaming over this new arrival. Interesting interesting! His mane was green and tangled and thick - like the folaige that she had been slipping through. His body was striped, and the grin that played across his face was certainly a familiar expression to the twisted mare.

"You... following me... following you." She tittered with her own wide grin, deliberately revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth.

Now Jabberwock. There was not a word that the mare was familiar with. The way he used it it sounded like some monster. She loved playing games of deception, and when another came in with a framework to use, it made it all the more convincing and enjoyable. However, when she did not know the term he used, it made things more... problematic. She was familiar with plenty of stories - she loved stories. She was even named after one. But her father did not talk to her enough. No! Not enough. And so she often had to find her own stories...

She mirrored his footsteps, circling him as he circled her. "Perhaps I was." She trailed, "Most around here have such dissipointing lack of... creativity." she gave a mock sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:38 pm
Tossing his head back and shaking his thick mane, Tulgey laughed, wild eyes watching Pooka's own as he practically danced in spot, tangled and wild tail flicking, "Around and around, I'm afraid. Curiouser and curiouser -- You seem to enjoy the concept"

He his laughter died down to a low chuckle and he raised a brow to vanish in thick overhanging bangs. The striped stallion then cocked his head sideways, twisting his neck as far as he could go, as if attempting to look at her upside down, "Mmn, no -- perhaps not a Jabberwock. But you're no White rabbit."

Twisting his head back into position with an audible crackling snap, he shivered as he slinked closer, "Ah, well, welcome, m'dear. I.. Am Tulgey. Tulgey Cat." he chuckled a little as he inspected the shadowy mare, "hmn. You're right, most of the others I've encountered have been dreadfully uncreative, unable to make their own ideas and preferring to press on blindly into trouble. Often end up falling into ravines or lost somewhere with snapped limbs. So easily turned around by the odd and whimsical.. Oddities are to be cherished... Hmn.. You seem tangible. Do you have a name?"

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:16 am
"No white rabbit indeed!" Pooka cackled at the stallion's comment. Although she certainly was not lacking in lapine features.

Suddenly, a delicious idea clicked into her mind and she smiled. Adopting a hurt tone to her voice, she cocked her head. "You do not know me, Tulgey?" She huffed a sigh. "I slipped away from you some time ago now. I was tired of following merely after your hoofsteps. Did you not even miss me? Or notice me gone?"

She looked about at the dense foliage. "Perhaps you did not, in the shade of so many trees. But one would think one would miss the absence of their shadow."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm
"I see my shadow on a regular basis." Tulgey wiggled his eyebrows, laughing as he cocked his head to the side, "And while I wouldn't be surprised if you are somehow related, Mine is more feline with golden eyes, not red. And much, much larger."

His tail flicked up, head lowering to below his shoulders as he circled around her once more, "Mmn, As you said, most people are uncreative, and thus man when confronted with the unusual are easily tricked. I on the other hand, am a Trickster myself"

The more he investigated, the more intriguing he found the mare. She was obviously mad -- perhaps more so then him, not that it bothered him. Shadowy wisps, unusual floppy swirled ears, a lot like a mountain goat, or maybe a humans pet bunny, rather unlike the usually stiff eared undomesticated Rabbits that populated his territory, but similar. But she also had regular ears as well -- A hat perhaps?

Sharp teeth - Kalona hybrid perhaps? No, the Smell was wrong for that. Though she did smell of stale meat ever so slightly on her breath, like the mountain lions or the few encounters he had before with other flesh eaters. They were obviously not just for decoration. The stripe stallion coughed a sharp laugh, raising an eyebrow as his eyes skimmed along her bangs, feeling as if something was.. Off.

"and yet I still have no name for you. I suppose I'll just call you 'Hatter', or perhaps "airy-fairy" for now. That is unless you'd prefer your real name rather then a one given by a Nutter such as myself."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am
A disappointed scowl settled onto Pooka's face, but only for a moment. "Oh poo." She huffed as her fib was seen through, and tried to recover. "Perhaps you are not the one I tore from, but I would keep a wary eye on him." She glanced towards the patch of darkness. "If he is any bit nearly as wily as I, he would likely enjoy spreading much mischief without being tied to you." Her own shadowy tail licked at the ground, lingering on the patched shade beneath Tulgey.

But what a delight to meet another trickster. Pooka's mind began to wander into some intrguing nooks.

She cocked her head, debating whether to gift him with her true name. She could not help but feel a respect for this stallion with whom she had felt a sort of kinship - perhaps part of the reason she had initially claimed to be his shadow. But the name he had given her came with a ring of truth.

"Call me what you like." She grinned with sharp teeth once more. "But the name I have taken is Pooka." A name perhaps too characteristic, she often did not give it to others. Her sire had named her well, perhaps having insight into her nature since she was a foal. It was one of the stories he had told her that she had taken very much to heart as he did not often gift her with his attention. Perhaps perhaps it was the other way around, she had adopted herself to her name. A riddle indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 pm
"Pooka? Frabjous!" Tulgey laughed, bobbling his head back and forth slightly, "An appropriate name for a creature of night and mischief such as yourself. However, they are oft times considered to be lucky, despite in how much they delight in tormenting others."

He flicked his tail playfully as he turned, giving her a long sideways glance, "So, Pooka-hatter. What, exactly, brings you to these deepest of woods? What tricks would you like to play with me? A game perhaps? I do ever so love games."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:10 am
The grin never faded from Pooka's face as Tulgey spoke. A part of her was delighted that he had heard of pooka. While it might have tipped her hand, there was no secret already to the strange stallion that she was a trickster. And this was another commonality she shared with him. She puffed pridefully. "I do love a good story." Pooka chimed in. "You know mine, it seems. A tale indeed of darkness and trickery. Of luck? I may not be the judge of that. I suppose time will tell the direction fortune's eye turns. But you, Tulgey, Tulgey? Surely... your story could not be half as intersting as mine.." She baited.

But at his mention of a game, her eyes seemed to shine even brighter. "Oh, a game..." She grinned. "But what terms? And you against I? Or us against another?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:16 pm
"mmn. I was named after the woods I was born in.. Somewhere far away. Dark and Mysterious" He grinned, leaving out it also ment 'thick' or 'dense', since that didn't really count in why he was named that, anyway.

He thought about it, then grinned "Twas brillig when my brother and I were born from two roses, from the same plant we did, to a cheshire cat by the name of Etcetera. You see -- I'm not really a horse either, love, I just use this form because its easier to travel through these lands unbothered." He nickered in laughter, "However, as we were leaving out of our wondrous land to come here for a visit, a jabberwock came whiffling down the mountain side, eyes burning like lamps and much much larger then you, blurbling with drool, and taking a good part of the mountainside with it as it came. Split my family up and knocked out a good part of my sanity with it, having it. Have you seen it?"

Grinning broadly, Tulgey's eyes went wild with glee, "Perhaps that should be our game! Whomever finds a fragment of my sanity first is the winner -- I'll give you a vorpal blade for your trouble if you win. What shall be my prize if you win, Pooka? It cannot be my fragment of sanity -- for to know if it is true, I must take it back into me."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Her ears perked as she listened to his story, and unlike many who might hear his tale and laugh with disbelief, Pooka's eyes only widened with interest. While her own tale to Tulgy about having torn free as the shadow of another was not quite the truth, she did believe herself to be the spawn of something... Else. A creature formed from shadow and taking the shape of a horse. Her mother, however, her father and older brother had made no secret of the fact she was a soquili of flesh and blood. Thus far, she had not learned to alter her shape like her father described, but she had yet to give up hope. Her tail, at least, seemed to be about as insubstantial as her brother Taraxippus's body. She could flick let, let it flow...

So a being born from a plant? While Pooka was well aware of the delight in crafting intricate lies, it did not seem outside the realm of possibility. And Truth was always a relative, slippery thing. It could be different things to different creatures, in different situations.

"Drew the ire of a Jabberwock, did you?" Pooka inquired, eyes shining. While she had not heard of the creature before meeting this stallion, context was a wonderous thing. "You are lucky that you escaped with just your sanity broken. Some fierce beasties are not sated till they swallow you soul!" She tittered, remembering the tale she had told another stallion once during her childhood. That was a fun game indeed.

She smiled, teeth sparkling in a flash of sunlight. "To find your sanity? The most elusive of quarries. "And a vorpal blade? You set a most interesting reward shall I win! Now... should you win.." She eyed him with a grin, catching the loopy hole he almost set into the deal...

She looked back at her semi-substantial tail. "How about a lock of my tail? If.. you can take it?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 am
"Not so much as drew its ire..." Tulgey chuckled, "As nearly became its prey. They are physical creatures, fast predators, not quite after ones soul, but rather the squishy insides of warm flesh."

Stretching out, Tulgey yawned as he warmed up, "Mmn. A lock of shadows... An interesting reward as well. I shall have to keep it in one of my baskets to keep it fresh should I win. Shall we begin?"

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm
"MMmmm..." Pooka responded with a distant look. The squishy and insides of warm flesh made her stomach quiver and her mouth dribble. "yes yes... I know what you mean."

"Then a game we shall have then, Tulgey." Her eyes alit with interest. "The terms are set, the wager is made... and now... we seek the prize."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff