Reply Archived
[IC] =Talencia and WolfieDuke'sTeepee= Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm

Welcome to the home of Talencia, Wolfie and their soquilis!

User Image
Rocky Lynn's Stats:
Strength: 29 %
Courage: 27 %
Speed: 30 %
Intelligence: 28 %
Luck: 32 %
Stamina: 25 %

User Image

Rush's Stats:
Strength: 26 %
Courage: 24 %
Speed: 24 %
Intelligence: 29 %
Luck: 28 %
Stamina: 26 %

User Image
Ceylona's Stats
Strength-68%
Courage-65%
Speed-63%
Intelligence-62%
Luck-70%
Stamina-65%

User Image
Eloran's Stats
Strength-35%
Courage-41%
Speed-40%
Intelligence-43%
Luck-42%
Stamina-40%

User Image
Delphia's Stats
Strength-98%
Courage-91%
Speed-93%
Intelligence-90%
Luck-94%
Stamina-94%

Items
User Image

The Teepee
User Image
Sparrow Moon lies near to the village, beyond a band of trees. It sits on a rise in the ground that overlooks the nearby river. Anytime the moon rises, from the faintest sliver to the fullest apex, Sparrow Moon glows in response. The brighter the moonlight, the brighter this teepee will glow. The softer the moonlight, the gentler the light from the leather walls.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:44 pm
((Just a note... this is a prequel to whatever may be happening currently.))

It had been an amazing moment. Tal had been curled around the basket, sleeping soundly. The moon had been shining directly down on them when something awoke her. Something fuzzy and warm kept brushing her neck and cheek. Groggily she awoke, rubbing her eyes and shifting around her basket, which also shifted with her. That stopped her dead and she sat up abruptly. Two things happened at that point. Firstly, Talencia realized the basket was empty, foal-less. Secondly, something standing directly next to her squealed in fright at her sudden movement and bolted.

Two eyeblinks later, she realized what had just happened, and she scrambled up to hurry to reassure the newly emerged foal. However, the staggering, stumbling baby kept running! She followed it into the forest, dodging trees and tripping over low growing bushes, barely able to keep sight of the shadow-shaded foal. This was not what she had wanted! She fretted as she ran, upset over this rocky and unhappy start to her friendship with this very special horse.

Finally they broke out of the trees. She was nearly caught up with the fast little foal. As the babe topped a hill, Tal managed to wrap her arms about the foal. Exhausted and trembling, the foal simply collapsed. The both of them ended up in a jumbled heap on the ground, Tal under, foal atop.

"Oh darling, why did you have to run so? I am not your enemy! I already love you with all my heart!" Tal panted, voice full of agony. Why had it happened this way? Why had it happened so that her foal's first memory of her was of fear? Her heart broke, cradling the trembling filly and murmuring into her furred ear sweet somethings... deep emotions and love she felt for her.

As the moon set, the filly had stopped trembling and lay against her, sleeping heavily, head rested against her forearm. Relieved and worn out, Tal finally took stock of their surroundings. They sat on a hilltop, overlooking a shining bend of river, now falling dark as the moon neared the horizon. Behind them loomed the dark of the forest, beyond which the village slumbered. But a secondary source of light drew Tal's eyes. It glowed like the moon, but was much closer.

Not ten feet away was a teepee. It glowed like the moon, as if reflecting the moonlight from within. The flap was propped open and the inside was completely empty. No belongings nestled there comfortably, nor was there any sign that it had laid open to the elements for any amount of time. It was apparently neatly swept clean, as if ready for someone to claim it.

Astonished, Tal just stared for a moment. The teepee seemed to beckon her in, and it wasn't long before Talencia gave in to the summons. She gathered the sleeping foal up and the two of them entered Sparrow Moon, their new home.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:34 pm
The next morning was not the heart-warming renewal of love and trust that Talencia was hoping for either.

The foal awoke with a start. Tal was drowsing nearby, one hand draped on the filly's neck. With a squeal of alarm, she was up on her hooves and flailing about, trying to find a way out. Thus Tal was awakened the very first morning of her relationship with her Soquili. THe filly was tripping over blankets (how had those gotten there in the night?) and knocking over baskets, spilling the contents of breads and other edibles on the floor of the teepee. (Where had those baskets come from?) Where was the way out? She was trapped! Her little heart pounded in fright as she plunged back and forth in the limited space of her prison.

Talencia awoke to the chaos in a total befuddlement. "What? Where? Huh?" It all came back to her with a start, and after only a moment's confused wondering about the teepee having something in it other than them, she turned her full attention on the filly. Her eyes were rolling white in terror, and she was making a pitiful squealing. Knowing if she kept this up, she could hurt herself, nevermind Tal too, she lunged for the foal and managed to wrap her arms about her. Right about then, one of the blankets that had been tripping the filly up tangled her legs just right... and down they both went. Again. Tal groaned a breath.

This time the filly was not as exhausted as the night before, though. She struggled still, legs thrashing. After some exertion and maneuvering, she managed to have one arm wrapped around the foal's chest, and the other around her belly, staving off the worst of the kicks and struggles.

Finding herself held so, without apparent chance of breaking free, the filly stilled her fight, trembling and sweating up a froth. What was she doing here? Who was this stranger? Why was she being held so? Still terrified but with few options left, she lay in this stranger's arms, listening to her murmur.

"Easy girl.... easy Delphia... it's okay. I won't hurt you. I never would wish harm on you. Easy... easy darling. Quiet now, little one. You are safe... easy now."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:52 pm
It took days of showing Delphia that she only had her best interests at heart before the filly quit waking in terror at being confined. Every morning it was a struggle to calm her and reassure her that today would be just like the last.

Those days consisted of a reliable routine. After she had calmed, Tal would give her a breakfast of warm oat mash. While she ate, she had to stand still and allow Talencia to run her hands all over her body. This caused a fight at first, of course. But slowly the filly came to understand nothing bad ever happened when Tal's gentle hands ran over her.

Then came what been most dangerous early on. She slipped a soft rope around the filly's neck and opened the tent flap. It was a power struggle the very first time, ending with them both laying in the dust again, entangled and heaving for breath. But as time progressed, Delphia learned not to bolt. To her clear pleasure, she discovered that when she walked placidly, Tal simply followed her wherever she wanted to go. Because of this, they wandered further and further each day, with Delphia returning with Talencia uncertainly. But always, upon returning, Talencia would give her some tasty treat. Sometimes it was apples, other times sweet carrots. Once it had even been a palmful of sugar cubes! Good things happened when Delphia returned to the teepee. And so soon this part of the day no longer was difficult for either of them.

After their mutual wander, and the delectable snack, it was time for play. At first Talencia only released her into a stout corral and sat at the edges to watch as the filly would charge around and around and around, looking for a way out. Then this changed to bucks and kicks and squeals and rearing with flashing forehooves. These displays had been angry, occasionally aimed at Tal, who would just back out of reach and continue to stay close, watching, listening, murmuring.

Eventually, though, as Delphia settled into the routine, this time became pleasant as well. It gave the filly time to stretch her legs and actually play. Talencia was thrilled the day the filly had strolled over to her casually, then playfully lipped her shirt before dashing away, neighing back at her over her shoulder. Delphia wanted her to play with her! That was a happy day, with the rest of the afternoon spent chasing each other round and round the corral.

Evenings were quiet. Talencia fed Delphia and would run a brush over her shining coat, pulling loose the fading baby fuzz. She enjoyed marveling at the unusual markings the filly bore... a mask, rings around her tail, and other such raccoonish marks. Delphia, meanwhile, came to love the evening brushes. She would sigh and lean into Talencia's strokes, grunting occasionally when an itchy spot was given particular attention.

So it was that the days of Delphia's foalhood fled, and their bond grew. One day Talencia awoke to a very large Delphia sleeping beside her. "She's grown into a mare! Already!" thought Talencia in amazement. "And yet she hasn't met any other of her own kind!" It was that very morning that Talencia led Delphia outside after breakfast... with no lead. "Go on girl, go explore. But come back to me, when you are ready." She slid her hand down her neck, across her withers and back, and then let her hand slide off her haunches.

After a moment of standing stock still in shock, the mare had neighed happily and cantered off over the hill, back towards the village. Tal watched her go, heart fluttering. But every night, Delphia returned. Their bond, forged with sweat and tears, would never now be broken.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Draculas Babe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:29 pm
Cyrus had heard from a little birdy that Delphia's teepee was around here so he decided to go and take a look around. His neatly braided tail and parts of his mane gave him a very "groomed" look. He wondered if he was close or not. He walked in the red and golden leaves which had fallen to the ground. For some reason he had to see her. He had an emotion he had for her that he had for no other mare. Maybe a little for Nat for she was his first mare he had seen but Delphia was well beyond Nat. He continued looking until he came upon a teepee. He walked over to it and whinnied out a "hello?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:03 pm
Delphia poked her head out of the teepee and spotted Cyrus. Immediately self concious, she neighed a happy greeting to him, then looked over her shoulder and nickered softly to Tal, who was still inside the tent.

Talencia looked up from her leatherwork and blinked at the mare. "Yes? Is there something you need me for?" She set aside the leather she had been making into leggings and rose, going to Delphia. She leaned against the mare as she came up to her, laying her cheek for just a moment against her shoulder and running a hand down her back before pushing outside beside the mare.

Standing there was a magnificent black stallion, looking a bit nervous. Tal stopped immediately and spoke gently. "Greetings, great one. I am guessing you are a friend of my Delphia." She quietly held out her hand, low and flat palm up.

Delphia nickered at Cyrus. "This is Talencia, my bonded. Her heart is very loving, and she taught me much." She nuzzled Talencia's long hair and then walked to Cyrus and tentatively nuzzled his shoulder in greeting. "I'm glad you came! What brings you to Sparrow Moon?"  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Draculas Babe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:03 pm
Cyrus was relieved that Delphia was home, if he had to wait it would make him seem like such a stalker. Cyrus looked at Tal, and walked toward her slowly. He watched her with his bright green eyes and sniffed her hand as if a carrot should be their. "Oh," he said in a deep silky tone. "I was just in the area, I guess." he replied lying. "I heard you lived around here." he said slyly. He was grinning at her. "So how have you been?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:37 pm
Delphia paused, hearing him speaking so differently than he usually did. Her ears flickered uncertainly as she became confused. Had she done something wrong? It seemed like he was trying to.... act like he liked her? But... what if he was having to act because he didn't? Dismayed, she drew her head back and tucked her chin in to her chest in a gesture both submissive and mildly fearful. "I have been fine," she replied quietly, eyes lowered. She wasn't sure she liked him being so slick and sly... she liked him better when he was just himself. She flickered a glance up at him, her dark eyes revealing her uneasiness. It was her own fault, she was sure... he was just humoring her, and had to force himself to appear interested back so as not to hurt her feelings.

Tal chuckled at the deep rumble and the look of reproach that Delphia's friend gave her. "I'm sorry, I forgot the treat, didn't I? I'll just duck in and snatch one. Excuse me both of you, if you will!" She flashed a grin at Delphia before she disappeared inside the teepee. But while in there, she mused over Delphia's look of uncertainty. What had changed in just the span of moments? Puzzled, she rummaged about for a bit of sugar.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Draculas Babe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:10 pm
Cyrus had been covering for himself for liking her! And now she was turning him DOWN. He looked down heartbroken. Cyrus looked back up to her apprehensively. "Do you want me to go? You still don't seem mildly comfertable around me, was it something I said? Or is it me?" He looked at her cautiously as he said these words silkily. "Did I do something wrong?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:11 pm
Delphia stared at Cyrus in astonishment. Was he... SHY of her? If it would have been possible, her jaw would have hit the grass. Confident, serious Cyrus was nervous! Around her! Understanding dawned finally, and she suddenly felt as light and airy as a cloud. Why, Cyrus LIKED her! And was worried she didn't like him!

She gave a laughing neigh and leaned against him fondly. "No, I don't want you to go. I'm sorry I've been so tonguetied with you... I think it is probably time we were honest." She nuzzled under his jaw and then looked him in the eyes. "You make me nervous because you tend to make my heart flutter like a crazed butterfly. I think you are very handsome stallion."

Embarassed by her own directness, she dropped her eyes and would have turned a bright pink if she weren't grey. She couldn't believe she had just said all that! To cover her chagrin, she nuzzled him again.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Draculas Babe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:34 pm
He blinked, "I think you are a very beautiful mare." He smiled and nuzzled her back. He was astonished on how straight forward she was. He had been wanting to ask her a question, but he might aswell and wait until later oh, well. It was still good to know that she liked him. He smiled at her.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:31 pm
Talencia unknowingly decided at that point that it was time to be moving on. She slapped Delphia's shoulder companionably and spoke to Cyrus. "Well my friend, I'm afraid Delphia and I must go. She is going to help me pick out colors to paint a pot with." She then smiled at the stallion and turned and headed down a different pathway than he had come down.

Delphia had smiled bashfully but beautifully at Cyrus' compliment. Before she could say anything, though, Talencia was calling her away! Jaw open in astonishment and consternation, she looked between Tal and Cyrus for a moment before shrugging apologetically at the black soquili. "I'm sorry... I didn't know we had a chore today." As Tal stared off, Delphia sidestepped over to him and spoke softly. "But I look forward to talking more, Cyrus." She nuzzled his neck where it met his jaw, then dipped her head and nundged him under the chin with her nose before striding off after the retreating human. A last smile over her shoulder was the last he saw her before the forest swallowed them.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:37 am
Time had passed, and winter was settling around them. Snow had fallen, and this kept Talencia and Delphia busy. Since their teepee was a distance from the village, they had noone to help them with their daily needs, such as clearing the ground around the teepee and hunting for their meals. Delphia was beginning to regret that Sparrow Moon was so far from the others. She had had no time to go play in the snow or visit with the others, and noone had come to visit them.

The good news was that Jaden's wing had healed admirably. He now spent more time roaming the woods, as there was little he could do with the more menial chores. He did, however, help by hunting small game, such as rabbits and foxes. Sometimes he'd perch on Delphia's back as she pulled loads of firewood or dragged a log to scrape snow. He'd chatter on about what he'd seen in the forest, but he rarely mentioned the other soquili, as he tended to avoid the village and meadow. He did not like the human who had wanted his feathers, and that human was still lurking about. Delphia had heard about Leonis trying to ride one of the other soquili without permission, and shuddered her hide when she thought of him getting near Jaden again.

But consequently, the raccoon-marked mare was starting to feel very lonely again. She wished the holidays meant that she could have a break from the daily chores, but the weather did not cease for such things, nor did they cease needing to be fed and kept warm. So she plugged along, growing more and more dreary as the days passed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:21 am

His long mane spooled into the swirling waters of the river as Sora took a deep satisfying drink. Though the air was crispy, and snow had fallen, the eternal river gushes on, providing ice cold wetness giving vitality to the soquilies.
Sora was no exception, and he had grown up in the forest, learning to appreciate the life that the river brought. Not to mention this was how he spent his childhood days, splashing about, but that's some time past.

The gray silvery soquili lifted his graceful head and took a cautionary sniff. There was a strange yet familiar scent...... family?....another one like me? he thought to himself and began looking around. Soon he spotted a darkly grayed mare, hidden by the trees alongside what looks to be a teepee. Sora wondered if he should approach. When sighting lone soquilis he had no qualms about whinnying to them, but to a human dwelling....he knew his bonded humans would not likely enter another encampment without much 'courtesy'..
What should he do.....perplexed, he stamped one foot into the waters and subsequently splashed himself, ice cold droplets sticking to him like snow. Thus came the loud whinny, from the very surprised grey soquili hurrying out of the watery chill.

((^^ hey talencia))  

Takakun

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:27 am
Delphia was standing by, still hitched to the drag which held a couple day's worth of firewood. She was watching Talencia tending the fire, which had gone out while they were gone. They had cut it too close, fetching wood just at the last possible time. Delphia heaved a sigh. She knew Talencia was avoiding moving into the village, though she wasn't entirely sure why. Still, she could tell all this was wearing Tal down too. Perhaps they would need a winter home in the village.

A distant splash and a very loud neigh echoed across the forest, and Delphia threw her head up, ears pricked. A soquili was about? Talencia had also stopped tending the fire to glance around. Delphia gave her a pleading look, and Talencia chuckled.
"Yes, little one, you can go greet whoever approaches." Tal walked across the crunching ice-covered clearing in front of their teepee and unhooked Delphia from the drag.

Delphia paused to nuzzle Talencia lovingly, huffing her warm breath into the woman's cold face. Talencia laughed and pushed the mare away and slapped her shoulder in encouragement. That was all Del needed to go bounding through the drifted snow towards the neigh and... the river! With this realization Delphia gave a squeal and a happy buck. She loved the river! Soon she exploded from the forest in a flurry of snow. She slowed then in surprise that it was a stallion she did not know who waited there. Momentarily thrown off kilter, she stopped in her tracks and shyly averted her eyes, managing a soft whicker of a greeting.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff