Monthly Collectibles Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:41 pm
For discussing the Monthly Collectibles.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Reserved.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:43 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:57 pm
I do believe that last month''s Nymph item was actually an example of Gaia listening to its users! Specifically the "root" pose and the general feel of this item highly remind me of a thread in the Feedback forum asking for more, varied elemental items. Not only that but I happen to think that the Nymph item was quite lovely and very well made.  

Nanenna

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 pm
That is to say, though, that many people have to admit that the MCs have been of lower quality as a whole than the EIs.

What they need to do is make a cat themed MC or something with better tails and ears (though that would probably be better put with all the gold shops and such)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 pm
Yeah. The MC have been degrading in quality as of late.

Take Techno Mage for example; absolutely horrid. xP

But alas, I am stating the obvious.

However, that being said, I have some MC ideas of my own.

A demonic/angelic G-Blade would sell like hotcakes on Gaia, don't you think?

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 pm
A Demonic/Angelic G-Blade? Hmmm...

That actually would be cool. But it would be a remake thing (not like Gaia hasn't done remakes before, lawls)

Kiki and Coco got a full body suit thing but what about just having the Kiki/Coco tail or eyes?

I agree though, The Techno Mage was a WTF thing. It could have been waaaay better than what came out. I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, but just the number of poses and the way they were made just irked me. The three glasses thing was okay, but the head gear could have been something much more intricate-kind of like an android-like brain thing or something...could have added maybe another staff pose (did it have a staff pose) and then maybe some back item...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 am
I know where their ideas for MCs are going. *points to RIGs*
A good third of the elmerald seeds items alone would have kept the staff busy with MCs for a good month or three. *headdesk* I believe that moderately sized ideas from the users should be MCs. Like "Warmth of Opollo" or the "Blessings" items. Orrrrr...the "Ladybug Poncho" and "Ladybug Crown" put together. Gaia's got awesome ideas for MCs, they just prefer squeezing cash out of users just to get them. Half the ideas for items that users have wanted to see for years are being put into RIGs. I wish they would quit it.

I like the nymph last month, but since Green is few and far between on this site I couldn't figure out what to do with it and sold it. No comment on the Technomage. I hope this months MCs actually match something.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:58 pm
They just had the announcement today....

And am I just dremaing or did the MC's get waaay better than last months? Cherry Blossom and Voracious Fog. Very beautifully done, IMO. They look like something that would have gone into the Cash Shop.

The only thing I'm a tad bit sad about is that the Cherry Blossom didn't get more poses. Mehehe, but that's just me.

The fog at first sounded like a WTF item but when I checked it out, it very much resembles some of the cloud poses and the Elemental series combined with a few new ideas. I just won't be wearing the weird jar/pot on a chain thingy with it....but you know someone's going to have a use for it.

So they at least might be listening more and acting on it? Maybe. This looks like a step in the right direction....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm
This months items are considerably better than what I've seen in awhile. The Fog isn't the kind of item I normally use. The Cherry Blossom reminds me greatly of the Winter Rose. I would have loved to see it with more poses but I doubt it'll happen since it's only a 250GC item.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm
I agree. The items are actually reasonably good compared to last month's MCs.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:57 pm
I'm ok with the Cherry Blossom. Though...if I see one more damn dress, skirt, short, what have you in a Plant related MC....I will scream to the heavens. Is it really so hard to draw some dang plant related pants or a shirt!? Sheesh!

I haven't checked out the fog yet fully 'cause it looks horrible with this avi. Get back to you on that one. Compared to last months though, it's pretty good. Compared to the others of this year as a whole...meh from what I can remember, gotta double check that though.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 pm
I'm okay with this month's MCs certainly better than Nov. '08.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm
Or hair. Don't forget the plat related hair stuff-elementals, the wood nymph (?) and the winter rose (although that had more of a hat thing, like the cherry blossom does...) ><

The dress though did annoy me. Guess the cherry blossom is too feminine for a pair of pants. And yeah, I think that doing that could have filled that weird under-pose feeling that the blossom has though maybe that's because I've been over-sensitized with watching Alurna's Rose when it came out...>>
Poses galore.  

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:46 pm
Surprisingly I'm always up for more hairstyles in an MC. It feels much more worth it than picking up a new hairstyle from the salon whenever you want a new hairdo. I hate the shadow the nymph's hair gives your face though. I like winter rose's hat, it doesn't look overly feminine.

It's more them assuming that plantlife is automatically girly girly related that annoys me. In another thread outside the guild, I asked when was the last time we had some dang pants in an MC in general. I've not checked yet, but I'm sure it goes a bit...back...

I've heard time and time again that most of the artists are female, but COME ON dammit, they all can't be living in the time period where females wore skirts and males wore pants and if either crossed the line it was taboo. Pink cherryblossom pants would have been fabu. *points to avi's pants* These are one of the only good looking (imo) pairs of pink pants on this site. They are pajama pants. That is sad. If they insist on making users pay for clothing 'cause they can't update their gold shops with clothing, can they at least throw in some gender neutral clothing? emo  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff