Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat demon guild: third age

Back to Guilds

third incarnation of the cat demon guild. 

Reply Cat demon guild: third age
Bassai Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:20 pm
Behold the dangerous land of Bassai. North of the desert, across the mountain range lays a carnivorous forest. Animals here are unusually large, with rabbits the size of tires one can only imagine what lies in the dark depths of these forests. Almost as ferocious as the animals are the plants. Bark as black as night, the trees make their roots rise to meet passerby, hoping to ensnare hapless travelers for future consumption. Even so, humans still manage to make their way through life in small farming and logging villages along train tracks. The ancient Cliffside dwellings that once housed a tribe of demons are vacant and destitute. Fervent members of a large cult make pilgrimages to the large statue and holy sword that mark the entrance to a secret temple that the cult maintains.
there were no towers in Bassai, there was no reason for them, the small farming towns had no need nor want of higher technology save for some firearms. Cutting weapons were your best bet for survival here since the plants were difficult to take out with any projectile and the animals would simply shrug off any small pellet that landed in thier massive hides. thick spears and massive traps were thier only defence against such creatures or of course fleet of foot.
The plants spared no one and the massive animals could be tangled in the massive brambles and branches much more easily than a small human. When they were caught the humans would end the animal through it's eye or mouth and harvest what meat they could before the hapless creature was swallowed by the wall of vines and sinew that would digest the creature.
In eating this dark, strange meat the humans that had resided here had gained a darker blacker skin than those within most of the continent. thier hair still flowed and the eyes still shone with the vibrant colors that it did before this strange consumption; unlike other humans that naturally resided in the desert of Munashi with similiar skin colors whose eyes were darker and color and hair more stubborn.
Since many of the plants here carried potent poisons within them eating whatever bounties they offered was foolish and could only be done by few of the dark massive creatures that inhabited this land. Many of the people that did not farm had the backbreaking and perilous job to constantly clear the railroad tracks of these dangerous plants. In return they were given manufactured goods and seeds which they used to grow crops. Due to this hard life and perhaps, something else, these particular humans possesed strength much greater than what they should have. Of course, the cult members on the cliff face, possesed none of these qualities since they were immigrants from various other lands. The hereditary inhabbitants of bassai knew little of and cared little about these cliffside dwellers, thier time was better spent in keeping each other alive and kicking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 pm
Rayne sat up in the small bed she had take a cat nap in for several hours. Once she had finely made it to the area she was exhausted flying was hard and wiped you out if you rarely did it. Its not too surprising that as soon as she landed she found a nice inn to grab a nights rest. The only thing odd at the moment was the man standing watching her with a neutral expression. His arms crossed and decorative red attire fitting nicely over his frame. For some reason after leading the clan of fire for some time he never lost the appeal of the color. Kagai was in dad mode simply keeping watch some how he seemed to always know where to find her a fact that was utterly frustrating.

"Hey dad whats up?"

"Come with me" Kagai said in response using the demon tongue he favored more so in this age then in others. Being proud of his heritage he flaunted the fact that he was what he was with out disturbing those who did not know the language. To most he seemed simply to be a blind foreigner nothing more a fact he cared little about.

With a sigh Rayne pushed off the covers and slipped out of the bed with a frown. She then pulling a pair of jeans from her bag and slipped them on before she straightened out her small black tank top that revealed her phoenix marking on her stomach. By the time she was ready Kagai was opening the door and walking out. He moved with a grace most big cat's shared a silent powerful stride that covered ground very quickly. Rayne was on his heels matching his pace but drawing less attention. She was armed as always but the skirt of daggers on her waist looked more like an accessory more so then the sword and shield Kagai was carrying around.

"Where are you taking me?" Rayne said braking the silence wile the too walking in the direction of a rather large rock race.

"There is someone i want you to meet, the meeting is long over do" Kagai replied before cracking his neck. His power was in check well concealed deep with in himself but being back here even after so many years make it harder. With so many good and bad memories of this place flashing through him his relaxed way of doing things was being tested. The air around him was growing warmer and his control was slipping there was obviously something on his mind.  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:53 am
"oooh most honored demon! how you are most welcome!" The cloaked cult member said to Hibiki as he sumounted the cliff "we have awaited your presense for so very long, it is your kind that will lead us to Tongari, the ancient land of blades! please come this way, we shall prepare a feast for you!"

As the man rambled on Hibiki was dumbfounded, this man cannot be in his right mind he thought as he stared blankly at the man. Hibiki should be able to sniff out any poison but, he should be wary of these men.

"oh great and exhalted beast of this world" the strange man continued as he led Hibiki on a tour of thier village, camp, whatever "we train our skills in swordsmanship thoughout all our time, however, because we are week we must take time for eating sleeping and the preparation for other such annoyances, oh we are odious worms!" He said, taking Hibiki past many men and women training alone or in groups with various types of cutting weapons. there were quite a few of these people here, enough for a small army. "we also take breaks to pray at the holy sword, so that we may find guidance to further increase our skills so that we may be worthy of Tongari! OH! that we may one day be as mighty as thee! but, such gates our lost to our kind, we maintain what little purity we can here, the sun praises our resolve by blighting us with brightness and heat! Oh praise it, for any hardship only makes us stronger and more worthy"

Hibiki silently followed the man, truly this was not his father's home any longer. however, getting a good impression with these people may prove useful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:04 pm
A mile are two of walking in silence got the duo up close and personal with the sheer rock face. Kagai simply looked up and up and up darting his eyes from side to side looking for the foot holds he once used. The effort was wasted do to his eye site lacking the sharpness that it use to. He was far from blind and the lack of what he couldn't see very clearly rarely ever hindered him unless he needed extreme detail to achieve his goal. Kagai squinted his eyes trying to focus but the effort was in vain he shifted his weight and crossed his arms.

With a annoyed shrug Kagai crouched down and leaped into the air. He propelled himself several stories up before planting his feet and darting from side to side leaping from foot hold to foot hold scaling up to the level cliff he was headed for. Rayne was left simply watching his effortless ease with a ping of jealousy. She new it would take her longer to pull off the task in front of her. Never haven climbed this particular rock before to do so hopping around with no idea what could hold her weight would be foolish And land her back down where she started from. Instead she simply removed her boots and shoved them in her bag over her six sectional staff before drawing out her claws on her hands and feet. Once that little task was done she hopped up a few stories before digging in her claws. She slid down an inch are so before she was firmly in place then she started up.

Time moved by quickly she was focusing on what she was doing so the amount of time that had passed was unknown to her. She was releaved when she finely pulled her self up onto the cliff. Once there she patted off her cloths and retracted her claws. With a sigh she fell back on her bottom and pulled her boots from her bag promptly pulling them back on her feet. Kagai was simply sitting there legs crossed eyes closed leaning back against a sword. There where various artifacts littered around it as well as a hug wolf statue. It made little since to her why put bowls of fruit and other such things down unless this was some kinda holy site. Rayne could smell humans that had been here recently as well as a few on the breeze.

"is that rebellion?" Rayne said walking over to her father and circling around him to get a better look at the claymore.

"Yes, this is where a part of me is resting until its needed once again. But that's not why i asked you to fallow me not exactly" Kagai said before opening his eyes and pushing to his feet.

Once kagai was standing he walked over to the wolf statue and looked it over slowly. Rayne fallowed him over she even reached out and ran her finger tips over the eyes. The Statue was cold to the touch something that seemed almost unnatural. Even before Kagai spoke she guessed who and what this statue must be of.

"Rayne, I would like you to meet my blood brother Getsuie"  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
The wolf spirit wordlessly poked his head out from under Rayne's arm. good to have a visitor that's not half insane...well mostly anyway the large white wolf said scarcely moving his mouth. seems she recieved your bird, good for you Getsuei said staring at a piece of fruit.

meanwhile...

"oh please, exhalted one i know they are but lowly humans but they wish to entertain you" the overly excited worshiper was speaking of a group of dancers that had come into the tent that they were sitting in. "they are known in this camp to be quite the dancers, very ferverent and lots of energy"

Hibiki had, had enough and spoke for the first time since he had arrived "i'm leaving" standing up he continued "i have no place here at this time, perhaps one day i will return with purpose in my stride" he said trying not to upset the group but, instead of complaining, they all bowed humbly to him as he walked out the door and away from the encampment.

"we await your return oh great one"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 am
Rayne jerked back surprised but quickly found her composer giving a deep nod to Getsuei.

"eh.....so she did, it simply means ill be joining you eventually. To be honest i am a little disappointed your still around. I am pretty shore the guardian bis gets pretty boring over time. So my big plan is to drag you to paradise kicking and screaming when its my time" Kagai said with a grin, He then proceeded to erupt into flame as if spontaneously combusting.

Rayne's knees buckled slightly in response to the power released wile Kagai changed. This was nothing new there where times when he released his full potential and the pressure forced her to her hands and knees. Rayne Simply watched the change the fire molded into a large four legged shape before dying as quickly as it had started. There Standing where the man had been was a massive saber toothed tiger with soft white fur and fading blue eyes. He had the tail proportionate to a tiger and long prominent eye teeth that looked as if they had never been broken. Kagai took a few steps back before plopping down and stretching out. His massive head resting on his paws as best as they could with out poking himself with his teeth.

"So the great Getsuei is on a diet? Your looking at the fruit pretty hard. Ha my dad told me you two where pretty close. He also said you where pretty good in a fight, Its hard to believe that you actually beat Kagai every so often. I mean i have never seen him actually fight anything nearly as powerful as he is. Come to think of it.....I have never seen him fight with out holding back on some level." Rayne spoke in the demon tongue as a sine of respect. But just to get under Kagai's skin she spoke in a flirty tone of voice as well as let her body language reveal extreme entrust in the white wolf.

Kagai rolled his eyes witch appeared a bit odd coming from an adult male slash-toothed cat. But it was clear that this was not the first time his little girl teased him and probably wouldn't be the last.  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:21 am
Getsuei chuckled at Kagai's comment, this world didn't need him much anymore, Miiro had long since taken guardianship of the tomes and very few even realized Getsuei existed anymore, even among demon-kind.
hardly, i just get a little tired of these heretics leaving offerings..i can't use em' and of course passerby that are starving aren't allowed to. Getsuei said with a annoyed look at both the young woman's body language and the situation he was explainingwe all have our rivals and our most hated of enemies, in time i'm sure you'll find one sooner or later. pay attention to those you come into contact, every meeting will leave you forever changed.

-----------------------

Hibiki walked around the old village, despite the size of the cult, most of the village had remained unused. It was in suprisingly good condition considering the time that had gone by since it had been used. the wind up here was strong and changed dierections constantly so it would be near impossible to hide one's scent so Hibiki didn't so much as try, to make matters worse, he had long since misplaced the scent masking cologne he had been given.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:27 pm
Rayne crouched down and reached into a fruit bowl grabbing an apple, She then stood up sniffing it. There didn't seem to be any poison it only smelled freshly picked. Wile the wolf spoke she moved around to Kagai's side and sat down on his back biting into the fruit. Kagai's soft fur gave slightly but the tension of muscle underneath gave no indication that he even noticed are comprehended her weight. After the first few bites she shifted around and laid back. Her legs where crossed feet ending at the spot just before kagai's tail bone wile her head rested between his shoulder blades. She simply stared up at the sky for a few minutes before taking another bite.

"It's strange.....you are meant to have so much wisdom but you and your kin have been fated to share in the same weaknesses. Kagai told me once that a spider demon killed you and your other half. One of your decedents is her offspring. Seems to me like your kins live by the keep your enemies close mo do but to the extreme. doubt ill ever understand men..." Rayne said said in a lazy tone before Kagai swotted at her arm with his tail.  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:49 pm
"I am not to speak for those that came after me." Getsuei said getting impatient with the showy antics of Rayne. " know, however, that some beings have no definate shape or lineage and that one's life takes one on strange paths..the one you speak so calously of is less patient than I, you should be careful how you speak. it seems however that it is time to take my leave, have fun." Getsuei said chucklng as he dissapeared as quietly as he had come.

"OH what a holy day!" a follower in a blue cape said coming within sight of Kagai and his daughter "first one holy emissary and now more! graciously i welcome thee! come join our humble feast so we may bask in your glory!" he said, approaching with great speed and exuberance.

meanwhile Hibiki watched the scene from within one of the cloff dwellings as a one eyed presence slinked up towards the youg wolf unawares.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:43 pm
"Don't think we will not be discussing more personal things later on. But right know your own, every great warrior has an escape plan" Kagai said before standing up and shaking Rayne off.

Rayne fell and watched Kagai turned his massive head toured the human and growled before spinning and leaping off of the cliff. She pushed to her feet dusting off her jeans before skillfully pulling three throwing daggers from her belted skirt she wore with everything. All three daggers where loosely held in her left hand as the swift movement was effortless as if done with out thinking. She crouched down and stared hard before lifting the corners of her mouth into a guarded smile.

"So you wish to feed me huh? Or do you really seek to punish me for the apple i stole?" Rayne asked with mock humor in her voice, judging by the person in front of her there was little to fear.  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm
"That is not for us to do, the great guardians themselves will punish those who do not follow thier will as they see fit" the cult member spoke with an excited tone "truly i do so with we could have had three for company but, such holy beings choose thier own time and place, we should be honored to have two!" he said waiving to Hibiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"how the hell!?" Hibiki said ducking from the window out of instinct. there is no way they spotted me, did one of them follow me? was i that sloppy?
"holy one? i was told to meet you here?" a voice said
from the bottom of some steps. "s**t..." he muttered

Shinzui slinked back into the shadows, away from the light from the torch of the discple. he would wait till later to lecture his descendant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"that was a very swift move your holiness! Perhaps you would grace us with instruction after the meal!" he said with great levels of excitement "oh what a glorious day! Healer! go tell the commune we have guests! he said to a woman in a hood who turned and walked away with little enthusiasm for the event "you'll have to forgive her sobriety, she just returned from her pilgrimage Kousa, she was but a small child when she left with her mother, now she is a grown woman. In time she will certainly come to grasp your magnificence!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:21 am
Rayne sized up the man who spoke and tried to feel out any power he might poses. She didn't notice anything more significant that the typical human but there are ways of hiding ones power. With out an indication from instinct to stay on edge she softened her guard sheathing two of her three daggers. The remaining dagger she held and let her arm rest at her side as she did this the man waved over at a stone structure one of the ancient buildings.

Ok these guys are creeping me out, I'm all for getting my way and using the foolish but this is just weird....

Glancing back over at the man and the so called "Healer" that shuffled off she placed a false smile on her lips and appeared relaxed. "I am not quite shore about the grasping part but i understand. So who is this other guest, you spoke as if i am not the only "holy" one around. And do talk wile we walk I'm starving" Rayne said in a friendly tone of voice wile adjusting the strap from her bag onto the center of her chest.

Rayne was on edge and completely aware ready to fend off any attack or dodge anything moving slow enough to be dodged. She was not a natural born actress but she was dam good. Swindling humans at bars and other such places for food and drinks was a skill and all skills improved over time. At the moment Rayne was relying on whatever skill she had to access the threat level of those around her wile appearing as the strange humans wished. Hopefully her fun care free persona would win over and she could find out what is going on here with out getting her self killed by lowering her guard to much.  

reinji

sakabato kumori
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am
"hello again!" Hibiki said sarcastically cheerful as he was led toward the group "i didn't expect to see you all so soon!"

" I have found our honored guest" the young cult member said before ducking into the group

"so i take from the little one, there is some feast we are invited to attend?" Hibiki said to the man and Rayne as he watched the Healer walk away and enter, what he assumed, was the cooking tent. she carried a different smell than the rest, he would look into that if he deemed it worthy of his attention.

"ahe yes, we must prepare a great feast for you, our edicts are quite clear that we must show all honors to ones such as yourself. regardless of the edicts, it is a joy to serve thee! Now come along we must show you to the guest tent while we prepare the feast!" the man continued with his overly happy tone. Hibiki thought he sounded like a child who had made thier first kill proudly holding up the minor prey item. the man continued to lead the to a large tent situated in a shaded part of the cliff, it seemed similiar to one a nomad of the desert would posses, he expeted to find all manner of cushions and intricately woven rugs inside. "come we have much to do, we humans have many flaws and it will take some time to ready the feast, due to those limitations!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm
//Claus had appeared out of a doorway that disappeared behind him. He was standing on a cliff and gazed at the landscape before him. Much had changed since the last time he was there, but he was sure that the person he was looking for was somewhere in Bassai since the last he had heard about the person, he had retreated back into a carved out tunnel in one of the cliffs due to some misfortunes. Fortunately for Claus, he was taken to it several times before so he had some idea about the whereabouts, even if his memory of it was a bit rusty.

Claus leapt off and floated down, then drifted horizontally to find the hole, "Where is it?" If the person he was looking for wasn't there, he would ask the villagers next.//

Tezu

Enthusiastic Hobo

reinji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 am
The large tent situated in a shaded part of the cliff was filled with all manner of cushions and intricately woven rugs one large table was dead center and low to the floor. Rayne and the wolf wore lead to the long table and aranged side by side where then seated themselves. Rayne simply closed her eyes letting instinct take over just in case she needed to react to any kinda ambush. One dagger was still held loosely in her hand but both rested in her lap so she apeared relaxed.

"Its been some time wolf, I hope thee faired well." Rayne spoke in the demon tounge softly.  
Cat demon guild: third age

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff