GraphiteHelix
Crew

Brainy Geek

9,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:44 pm
First off, I won't mention any names or providing links to the thread in question, just so everything remains anonymous. That being said, just a few minutes ago, I provided a link of a spam thread in AMC to an online moderator, hoping it would be quickly handled. The mod told me that I could have just reported the thread and that it didn't need immediate attention. I read more of the thread in question and found a few flame posts, and even in my days as a Helper, I was told that flaming should immediately be brought to a mod's attention. This mod's reply? It wasn't too much of a problem and that it should be reported for the AMC mods to handle.

One would think, since the thread was already brought to the mod's attention, that the mod should have handled it then and there and not leave it to another mod to deal with it, especially with flaming going on.

Only if I had the time...I would definitely apply to be a mod again. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm
[ .NK. ]
- You don't have enough mods. There aren't even 100 on at any given time, and yet there are at least 30,000 users on at any given time. Those numbers just don't add up!

- This has always been the case, but you have some very rude and corrupt mods that act only in their own favor. There are some average users that are nearly untouchable because it's well known that they have friends that are moderators. Too many moderators play favorites and act on personal vendetta. I've personally experienced this far too many times.

- It would be a good idea for you to browse the forums, watch people and see if they'd make a good moderator. We know you already do this, or at least, used to, years ago, but there are a lot of us that want to be mods, and would be good at it. And they're all too willing. An example of a good moderator would be a patient person that will actually respond to PMs. Someone that can judge fairly and is always willing to help. Someone that doesn't take their stress out on others. Someone that won't lord their power of the other users or use their power to gain an army of loyal suck-ups, or use their power to get free stuff. And yes, a lot of mods definitely do the aforementioned.

- You should always watch your moderators somehow to make sure they know what they're doing, what with the disgusting amount of site wide bannings as of late. We are tired of being afraid to do anything on the chance that we'll get banned for something we're not aware that we did wrong. Not everyone cheats, hacks, and exploits glitches. Some people don't even know what hacks or glitches are. You should also watch and make sure your moderators aren't corrupt. I'm not saying that any are, but it's a good thing to be watchful of.

- The moderators aren't on the same page. At all. Some of them will say ______ is okay, others will say it's not. It's hard to know exactly what is and is not allowed when the lines are so blurred. And you know it's bad when even the mods don't know.

Sry for the off topic but I lolĀ“d VERY HARD at you sig(Reave Gaia arone XD)  

DRN-000-BLUES

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm
@ DRN-000-BLUES: And I hate to be such a downer, but it's common practice NOT to quote the ENTIRE OP. Especially for spam. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 am
Siarnaq
@ DRN-000-BLUES: And I hate to be such a downer, but it's common practice NOT to quote the ENTIRE OP. Especially for spam. stare

Sumimasen. sweatdrop  

DRN-000-BLUES

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 pm
Back on topic (why did you just post "sorry" in Engrish? why? Okay, back on topic for realzies): I think I saw some "mini" mods in the SF. Or... what were they called? Assistant mods? I'm pretty sure I saw one, either way. That's a good sign, yes? If nothing else they can move all the out of place threads which leaves mods more free for more important stuff like harassment.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:58 pm
Yes, there are Moderator Assistants everywhere. 3nodding  

GraphiteHelix
Crew

Brainy Geek

9,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 pm
I think that is why Gaia Police Departments have sprung up. I am chief of police for:
-Gaia Police Network
-Gaia Police department #1

I am also A police officer for many other people departments and am planning on opening a new one also.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:32 am
Nanenna
Back on topic (why did you just post "sorry" in Engrish? why? Okay, back on topic for realzies): I think I saw some "mini" mods in the SF. Or... what were they called? Assistant mods? I'm pretty sure I saw one, either way. That's a good sign, yes? If nothing else they can move all the out of place threads which leaves mods more free for more important stuff like harassment.

Err...I...sorry ,and i am not japanese XD  

DRN-000-BLUES

6,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 am
I question some of the moderators. A member of a guild that I join was under investigation of botting since late January. They are still investigating but when he asked a moderator about when the investigation is over. The moderator couldn't say because they aren't the one who is in charge of his case. So he has no estimated date as to when his trading pass will get enabled again.

I know whenever I ask a moderator a question. Sometimes when they are online, they never answer back my PM. Sure they must have cases to look over but this went on for two weeks of no reply until I ask another moderator the same question, only to get a reply in three days.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:31 pm
Sheriff Dustin
I think that is why Gaia Police Departments have sprung up. I am chief of police for:
-Gaia Police Network

I am also A police officer for many other people departments and am planning on opening a new one also.
sorry, but what the hell is gaia police department and could they actually do anything?  

Dr Strange Glove

4,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:47 pm
the donut of shame
Sheriff Dustin
-Gaia Police Network

sorry, but what the hell is gaia police department and could they actually do anything?
There is no such thing. -__-  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:13 pm
Siarnaq
the donut of shame
Sheriff Dustin
-Gaia Police Network

There is no such thing. -__-
i had a feeling it wasn't real  

Dr Strange Glove

4,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ZNK

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:04 am
So I know another reason why moderation is slack...

A lot of them have all the end of school year exams and crap... (Well, in american anyways.) So people are taking breaks until school is over... or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:10 pm
ZNK
So I know another reason why moderation is slack...

A lot of them have all the end of school year exams and crap... (Well, in american anyways.) So people are taking breaks until school is over... or something.

Which is understandable, but then again maybe Gaia should balance out the mod ranks with someone who is finished with school and doesn't have to deal with exams and whatnot.

Of course, older people have different schedule demands, but at least we can count on the possibility of more moderators being active during exam season.

I hope that makes sense. sweatdrop  

UPC Betsy

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas