[PRP]And So We Begin... Together. (Kana x Crisanto) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 am
User Image

Kanani’s hooves trod along slowly, her head turning from side to side as she marveled at the new scenes around her. The trees here were similar to the old ones, and yet they had a profound difference that any of her kind could have sensed. Their leaves were a bit greener, they were a bit taller, a bit wider, a bit rougher. And yet they held the same beauty, the same ability to inspire feelings of mystery in any soul. Kanani had always loved their shielding boughs, the way that the wide branches spread along the canopy to create an almost sort of cathedral ceiling. It made her feel secure and comfortable, as if nothing dangerous could penetrate the strong, watchful arms of the trees. And, now that she was in a new, strange land, she appreciated this feeling tenfold.

The Cerynei in her herd obviously had similar feelings, for they too swung their heads this way and that as they walked. Even the Prince, who traveled a ways off from the group, looked intrigued by the new land.

But Kanani had grown tired of traveling. Ever since their old home had been consumed by the flames of wildfire, they had been on the trail to their ancestors’ original home, the land of the Soquili. The journey had been long and tiring, not to mention full of mixed emotions. Many of the Cerynei had protested leaving the old land, for that was all they knew. They would be leaving their home, and invading the home of their cousin Soquili, of whom many of them had never seen. Fear and anticipation was to be had, but there were also those who felt excitement from the adventure. A new land, new neighbors, perhaps new opportunities that they never would have experienced in their old home. What more in this journey could they ask for? And then there were the continuous questions of loyalty to the Prince; He had been the one to make the decision of moving, and the one to protect his people. Many of the Cerynei supported his decision of relocation, but others lost their faith in him when they were told to leave. The herd was almost evenly divided on these issues.

But Kanani was a free soul. She felt grief at leaving her old home behind, but also felt the wonder and curiosity of a new land. She was faithful in the Prince, and had always trusted his decisions. Therefore, she found no reason to have despair or fear of the new land, or to doubt the abilities of her Prince to keep them safe. Though she did feel some apprehension at meeting the Soquili, for she had never met one in her life, and had no idea at what to expect.

She shook her head to clear it of thoughts, and glanced up ahead at the moving line of Cerynei. They were fully within the tall trees now, the dark forest being slowly illuminated by the soft light of the rising sun, which sifted through the heavy boughs like water through pebbles. She turned and looked behind her; the edge of the forest was not too far away. She felt the adventurous heart in her begin to beat, and decided to slip from the herd, if only for a short time. She wanted to see the meadows and far off mountains, to satisfy her hunger for sights anew. So she set off, her lithe legs carrying her swiftly away from the herd and back towards the edge of the forest. It was not long before the trees began to thin, and when she finally halted amid the open, cool morning air, she gazed with wonder open the open land that lay before her, and the pastel sunrise that cast everything in a beautiful haze of pink light.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Crisanto awoke with that itching feeling that he needed to do something - to go somewhere. He had lately been staying near the ocean, enjoying the salty breezes and sounds of the waves. The moist air couldn't be good for his wings, but he wanted to see everything, and experience the land to its fullest.

This morning was different though. He got this almost aching feeling sometimes that he needed change. If he did not heed it, he would become depressed. He gathered his legs from under him and made his way over to the stream for a drink. He wondered what he would find in the world today - where his adventures might lead him.

The sun was just breaking over the horizon, and the air would start warming enough for him to fly. It truly was going to be a beautiful day; he could feel it. After his thirst was quenched, he started to flutter his wings, slowly rising up into the air. Flying was like nothing else in the world - it filled him with a joy he didn't think anything else could top.

As he climbed higher, he thought about where he might like to go next. He closed his eyes, letting his intuition take him where it would. A breeze pulled him north and slightly east - the decision was made. He opened his eyes again and raced in that direction, taking on all the speed he could.

As he flew through the air, warmed by the rising sun, he could make out Soquili in the distance; quite a few of them coming out of the forest. He smiled at the prospect of meeting new Soquili - he had been feeling quite lonely these last few days with no one to talk to. Switching his direction slightly, he headed towards them. He noticed that one of them started to head off in a different direction. Curious as to where they might be going, and slightly hesitant now that he thought about meeting several Soquili at once, he followed it, gradually letting himself come closer and closer to the ground, until his hooves brushed the ground and he landed gracefully. He was not too far from this new Soquili, but they hadn't scented or seen him as of yet. The last thing he wanted to do was startle them by appearing out of no where, so he purposely moved himself upwind, hoping the Soquili would notice him on the wind.

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm
Kana tensed, disturbed from her silent viewing of the sun. Something strange, something new, was on the wind, and she had never smelled it before. Yet, as she lifted her head to scent the air more carefully, she could detect a similarity in the smell. It was almost like her kind's; yet it held a sort of freshness to it, like whoever it belonged to stayed among the open air most of the time. Perhaps... it was one of their Soquili cousins?

Still, she was nervous. She had never seen nor met a Soquili horse-breed, and had no idea of what to expect of one. Were they nice, or mean? Kind, or arrogant? Peaceful... or violent? Of course, their personalities probably varied according to who they were. It was the same with the Cerynei.

But that did nothing to assure her fears. She considered turning back and fleeing to the herd, where there would be safety in numbers. Besides, the Cerynei were gifted with the swiftness and speed of a deer; she could be back in no time. But something held her to her spot, there among the thinning trees. It was a strange feeling of excitement and apprehension, of seeing something new, just as she had felt for the new land. Perhaps this new Soquili wouldn't be a bad one... but then why was it hiding itself? Was it... sneaking up on her? No, she was giving in to her fears. It was time for her to be brave, and learn about her new home.

So she stood quietly among the trees, her muscles tense, glancing back at where she had come from. The herd was out of sight now--but she still knew which direction to flee, if a problem were to arise. All there was to do was to wait...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Seeing the Soquili pause and tense up, Crisanto decided that it must have realized he was close by. Why it didn't search for him he wasn't sure, but he had no problem making the first move.

He started making his way towards the stranger, making sure he looked as relaxed as possible. Body language was almost always the first impression, and relaxed muscles usually put others at ease. As he drew closer, he paused again. He was within hearing distance now, and he could also tell that this stranger was a female.

Why had she deviated from her group? Was she in some sort of trouble?

"Good morning, Milady. My name is Crisanto. And who do I have the pleasure of acquainting?"

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 pm
Kana jumped at the obviously masculine voice that suddenly addressed her, and her head snapped around to the side. As if they had a mind of their own, her legs seemed to twitch in eagerness for escape, but something about this new being held her body in place. It was a Soquili, yes, but nowhere near normal. A pair of light, fluttering wings, not unlike those of a butterfly, sprouted from his back. They were beautiful, mesmerizing, and completely alien to Kana. But her mind held fascination for such things, and she found herself unable to move away.

"I... my name is... Kanani..." she stuttered half-heartedly, trying to grasp her nerves. This stranger seemed kind though, for his voice was kind and confident. His stance was relaxed, and he almost seemed concerned for some reason...

"I... Are you Soquili? I mean... well, of course you are, but--" she abruptly cut off, realizing how foolish she sounded. Come now, she told herself. Don't be so afraid...

But this land was new, this face was new... and she didn't know what to think.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 am

She was more tense than he anticipated! There must be something bothering her... maybe the herd she was with was keeping her against her will? It didn't seem like she was lost.

"I'm sorry for startling you, Lady Kanani," he said in his smooth and musical voice. "I am a flutter Soquili." He gestured to his wings briefly, and then got back to his more immediate concern: her well being. "Are you alright? You seem very... wary. Is that why you left your herd? Or did you escape?" His eyes were Topaz pools of concern as he spoke with her.

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:31 am
Kanani was silent for a moment as she stared at the flutter Soquili, her eyes running over the magnificent wings, then the strange patterns that he bore, then his kindly eyes... well, he didn't seem like he was dangerous. Of course, she had heard tales of Soquili that were cunningly friendly, then would turn on you at the last moment. But how could this fascinating creature be dangerous? Her mind seemed to ease slightly at the notion.

"It's... it's alright. This is, well, the first time I've seen one of your kind, actually. I used to live in another land and... well, it's a long story." She noticed that he seemed concerned for her, his eyes intently focused on her as she spoke. It slightly unnerved her, but at the same time, she felt that it was sort of... comforting. Perhaps he was simply a friendly stranger.

"I am alright, yes. Just... curious. I left my herd so that I could take a look at other things. My heart just sort of leads me to random places. Others always say that I'm quite adventurous!" she said, trying to stop herself before she babbled uselessly onwards. Still, the situation was too sudden for her to completely trust this new Soquili, and she kept a watchful eye on him as he stood in front of her.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 pm

He sighed in contentment. It was a good feeling that she was in no danger. She looked so... fragile to him. His instinct to protect those in need pulled at him more strongly than he thought possible.

Even though she was in no trouble, he felt compelled to spend more time with her. "So, lady Kanani, where are you off to today?"

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 am
Kanani gave the flutter Soquili a curious look, not quite scrutinizing, but actually very interested. "I'm... not really going anywhere. Not anywhere that I know of... But perhaps you could show me someplace new? Surely you know this land better than I." She smiled, thankful for Crisanto's quiet gentleness, thankful that he was not one of the terrible Soquili monsters she had heard about from others of her kind.

She turned her head towards the valley that lay ahead, her eyes taking in the wondrous sight. "Yes, yes. I think that I should like to go somewhere. With you--if that's alright." She couldn't explain it, but for some reason, Crisanto made her feel... safe.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 am

Crisanto's was elated! Here he was, thinking he would have to convince her to let him go with her, so he could protect her... but she was inviting him! "It would be an honor to accompany you, my lady." He thought about where he would take her; what kind of new things he wanted her to see. It would be hard to pick just one place - he wanted to show her everything. There was so much beauty in this land.

"I'll take you wherever you want to go, my lady." There was so much to see in this land, his home. "Are you hungry at all? You must have traveled far."

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 pm
Kanani turned back to Crisanto, a wide grin on her fair features. "Thank you so much, Crisanto! Now I shall see this land many times faster than I would have before, considering that I have a guide to lead me." She noticed that the other Soquili seemed to be excited about the coming journey also, and felt a new surge of excitement. She had just met this stallion, and yet he had the ability to make her feel welcomed and comforted--something that even her Cerynei Prince had had trouble with.

"I... I am a bit hungry, actually. There wasn't much food in the place that I came from. Too many fires." She smiled sheepishly, trying to push the memories of beautiful forests and fields--all afire-- out of her head.

"Would you mind showing me a good grazing spot? I would be grateful."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Smiling at her bravery of what she went through, he walked up beside her to start their journey. His wings brushed against her side gently, and he quickly flattened them to his sides, hoping that he hadn't offended her by his closeness. His body swelled... from the inside... he didn't quite know the feeling, but it felt good, almost like an adrenaline rush. "I know the perfect place, my lady. It's about 10 miles from here. Do you mind traveling that far for breakfast?" The sun was well over the horizon now, but he hadn't had his first meal yet.

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:18 pm
Kanani shivered at the feeling of the soft wings on her fur--it was strange, alien, something she had never felt. But, at the same time, it brought a warmth to her that she had never experienced, and wasn't quite sure how to describe. But she found it pleasant, and felt no anger at the stallion's boldness.

"Of course I don't mind. I'm always willing for adventure, no matter how far!" she exclaimed excitedly, flashing a bright smile. Her eyes fell on the wings again, the wings that seemed like they should belong to a butterfly. "Crisanto? Do you fly? I've always been curious as to what it's like, and of course, I can't just ask the answer of any plain old bird." A small, light-hearted laugh escaped her, sounding like chimes in the wind.

"It must be wonderful to have so much freedom... to be able to go wherever you wish, with no boundaries."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Ah, he often forgot that others were not like him - that it was mystifying to them that he could fly. He decided he would show her what he had shown no one else before.

"Yes my lady, I can fly."
He said, smiling at her. He started fluttering his wings, careful not to let too much dust fly in her direction. He moved directly in front of her, and then concentrated; and he got smaller and smaller - he hoped she wouldn't be too frightened. This was something he wasn't sure why he could do it.

He zipped around her a couple of times, enjoying the freedom of flying. He landed next to her and grew back to his full size again. "I wish you could fly with me, Lady Kanani. We should be off now though, You must be famished."

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Aniira

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:07 pm
Kanani could only stare with mystified eyes as Crisanto shrank into a much smaller form, her muscles frozen beneath her skin. She didn't feel any fear, of course. But she had never seen anything like this, hadn't even heard anything like it! A dazed smile appeared on her face as the stallion zipped around her.

"That's amazing, Crisanto! You're magic!" she exclaimed, trotting closer to him when he regained size. Softly, she brushed her nose against one of the velvet wings, giggling when a small bit of dust came off on her nose. "I wish I could fly, too. But I'm not left with nothing--my kind is blessed with speed and agility. Like a deer, I suppose."

As if on cue, a soft rumble came from her stomach. "Yes, sir Crisanto. I am very hungry!" she playfully stated, coming to stand next to him. "Lead the way!"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff