Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Transgender, and how it relates to Christianity Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19 am
I'm a woman, but I have male genitalia.
My brain chemistry (backing proof that transgender male-to-female have different brain chemistry) is that of a woman's, but my body is male.

As a result I am sexually attracted to men.
Does this make me gay?
Is this a sin?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 am
See you in hell!  

Evil McBadguy

Aged Codger

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 am
gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 pm
I would love to read what people have to say about this.
You should already know how I feel about it. x3  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 pm
I'm surprised no one has answered, I really want to know the answer to this question.
Or at least here what people's opinions are.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 pm
Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)

22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Homosexuality is seen as a sin. For a more interesting and theological look at this subject matter, visit this link: http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:29 pm
confused
That doesn't answer anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:36 pm
Zahwomen
confused
Homosexuality is a sin.

You may be attracted, but do you engage with them sexually? That is what makes one necessarily gay. If you are struggling with your sin, and striving to be devoid of it, then I would not proclaim you necessarily gay. However, not being a Christian yourself, and perhaps willing to partake in such a thing... Then I would assume yes, then that would make one gay.

Do I judge you? No. I do not agree with the idea of homsexuality, but I will not judge those that are gay lest they present themselves to be of poor moral fiber and perhaps violent against me or loved ones.

Ian McKellen is a beloved actor I'm fond of, and he is said to be gay. I still enjoy his works. Anyway, that is a personal matter.

To answer the idea of homosexuality, again, it is a sin. Do you wish to be sexually involved with men? Then yes, that makes you homosexual, or "gay."  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:52 pm
Just Tony
Zahwomen
confused
Homosexuality is a sin.

You may be attracted, but do you engage with them sexually? That is what makes one necessarily gay. If you are struggling with your sin, and striving to be devoid of it, then I would not proclaim you necessarily gay. However, not being a Christian yourself, and perhaps willing to partake in such a thing... Then I would assume yes, then that would make one gay.

Do I judge you? No. I do not agree with the idea of homsexuality, but I will not judge those that are gay lest they present themselves to be of poor moral fiber and perhaps violent against me or loved ones.

Ian McKellen is a beloved actor I'm fond of, and he is said to be gay. I still enjoy his works. Anyway, that is a personal matter.

To answer the idea of homosexuality, again, it is a sin. Do you wish to be sexually involved with men? Then yes, that makes you homosexual, or "gay."

I'm a woman.
Why can people never wrap their heads around that?
I. Am. A. Woman.
I'm not a gay man, I'm a straight woman.

Yeah, I'm attracted to men.
Yes, I would love to have sex with a man.
Sadly enough I don't have the equipment to enjoy sex the way I would prefer (not in my butt, no thank you), so until I get my handy-dandy replacement surgery, there will be no sex for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:01 pm
Zahwomen
Just Tony
Zahwomen
confused
Homosexuality is a sin.

I'm a woman.
Why can people never wrap their heads around that?
I. Am. A. Woman.
I'm not a gay man, I'm a straight woman.

Yeah, I'm attracted to men.
Yes, I would love to have sex with a man.
Sadly enough I don't have the equipment to enjoy sex the way I would prefer (not in my butt, no thank you), so until I get my handy-dandy replacement surgery, there will be no sex for me.
Woman, man, it, whatever you wish to call yourself, you are considered homosexual regardless.

No sex change will change the existence of the fact of what you were born.

If I were to be bluntly honest, which I am known to be on occasion, I believe science is really trying to come up with its own man made logic to create excuses for almost anything these days. Dependency upon pills for mental illnesses to make money and keep both doctors and "medicine" industries in business, gender altering surgeries and now an explanation for homosexuality not found in DNA, but in the Id of an individual.

No matter, these things must come to pass. There is a higher reasoning for it all that I do not understand that God has going on. I will trust in Him.  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 pm
In your ramble that not only made no sense and was based purely on speculation, you made a fairly important mistake.
The Id is a Freudian concept.

If you would please read the article that I posted, you will see that my condition has a firm routing in science.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm
Zahwomen
In your ramble that not only made no sense and was based purely on speculation, you made a fairly important mistake.
The Id is a Freudian concept.

If you would please read the article that I posted, you will see that my condition has a firm routing in science.
I'm aware it is based on speculation. They are my opinions. I try not to let them get in the way of dealing with others and issues however.

If the study of the brain and its chemical relationships and make up is science, and psychology is in fact science... Well, does this then mean that one science possibly contradicts another?

I'll read your article when I'm feeling better. I have a slight headache, am feeling a bit warm and have band practice at 10 tomorrow morning.

In all fairness I will read the article to view it and at least be able to say I've read it. I make no guarantee I will believe it to be true nor let it change my opinion, but I will at least read it to see if I can point out something that may not make sense, at least to me.

I'll still respond to other topics you reply to. We'll at least be able to give other members something to read and reflect upon "today."  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:42 pm
so you had a sex change?
yes, IMO and according to the bible that is a sin and couldnt agree more with the person above sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:56 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
so you had a sex change?
yes, IMO and according to the bible that is a sin and couldnt agree more with the person above sad

I didn't realize that the Bible discussed transgenders.
And I didn't have a sex change, yet.
I'm on hormone therapy, as my signature picture will show you.  

Xahmen

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:57 pm
Zahwomen
No place like 127 0 0 1
so you had a sex change?

I didn't realize that the Bible discussed transgenders.
And I didn't have a sex change, yet.
I'm on hormone therapy, as my signature picture will show you.

are you planning to?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces