• Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm
If so; why?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:55 pm
It's fine in moderation.
And if drunk responsibly.

Getting totally wasted? That I am against.

Mystery Contendor

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 pm
I stopped drinking heavily a few years back, but that was for my own reasons, God had nothing to do with it.
But despite how much angst I hold against "Christianity", I have to admit that their AA system works wonders.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 pm
Nah I mean more like TOTALLY, COMPLETELY against it.

Zahmen - xd  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Scazarith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 pm
There are many instances in the bible that indicate that alchohol isn't bad in moderation. It specifically states that being drunk is sinful though.

I belive in the bible, so do I think its wrong for you to drink with moderation and within the confines of the law? no.

I personally dont think that a Christian should drink for a couple reasons. Paul recommended we abstain from alchohol so that we wouldn't be a "stumbling block" unto our brothers or neighbors. For instance if you have a friend that was an alchoholic or doesn't have very much self control, you wouldnt want to have a drink around them because it might temp them to lose control.

Also, many people DO consider alchohol to be a bad thing and that could reflect badly on your testimony as a Christian.

But the act of actually drinking a moderate amount of alchohol is not a sin.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:25 pm
dident jesus drink wine, AND he produced wine out of water. he wouldent do that if he was against it.  

Austin Shipp

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 pm
Austin Shipp
dident jesus drink wine, AND he produced wine out of water. he wouldent do that if he was against it.

Harhar looks like you had a few glasses there yourself, Austin ;DD

No; kidding, kidding.

But putting that aside, yes, he did both of those things. Which is why I don't get why some Christians thing ANY tiny bit of alcohol is a terrible thing.
So I was just hoping I could find some reasons if there was anyone in here who believed that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm
i dont drink, im straight edge  

Austin Shipp

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:23 pm
Austin Shipp
i dont drink, im straight edge

More power to you.
I used to drink, used to smoke, used to do drugs.
I used to laugh at kids like you because I thought you were missing out.

I realize now that I was missing out.
I'll never get that time back, and while the memories are fond, it doesn't make up for the fact that I can't remember days at a time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm
I believe that alcohol has health benefits. I don't suggest bingeing or "drinking" like a lot of folks do today to be "cool" or whatever.

It seems to me that it has a sort of "oiling" or "thinning" property that can make things run more smoothly. But again, like blood thinner or anything else, if you have too much, the affects are negative.

I would guess a glass of wine or the equivalent or two a day would be good for general health.  

divineseraph

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:45 pm
A recent report in the newspapers say consuming any amount of alcohol is harmful for females.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:21 pm
OneWithDunamis
A recent report in the newspapers say consuming any amount of alcohol is harmful for females.

Oh my! Good thing you heard that from such a dependable source and let us know!

I will never drink again as long as I live. Because of that article and it's holiness.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Big_Wave_Legacy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 pm
in proverbs it says drinking is for the foolish.
in 2 corinithians it says to treat you body as a temple because it belongs to jesus.

and finally, the wine that jeses drunk was either framented or unframented.
framented i think was just juice.
unframented was alcholholic.
so jesus drunk framented. but different denomonations believe different. but thats just what i believe.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm
Big_Wave_Legacy
in proverbs it says drinking is for the foolish.
in 2 corinithians it says to treat you body as a temple because it belongs to jesus.

and finally, the wine that jeses drunk was either framented or unframented.
framented i think was just juice.
unframented was alcholholic.
so jesus drunk framented. but different denomonations believe different. but thats just what i believe.
Well actually I think you have it backwards, fermented is alcoholic, unfermented is juice. And while different denominations have their take on what and if he drank anything, wine was around and a small staple in the diet, or at least special meals such as weddings or the passover feast, the Last Supper it does say wine I think. I'd have ot go back and read but, he probably drank some wine though I doubt he went and got smashed every weekend. Though I do see your point.

As for my take on alcohol, drink it if you will, and while it can make you do some really really dumb things if you do it in excess, its not too bad in moderation. And it can be sinful to ruin your liver like that if you go alcoholic since I find no matter what your religion is its all the same on treat your body as a temple, and I don't think a temple is beautiful if the altar cloth is torn and burnt and the interior is unkempt. Which is what you turn your body into if you are an alcoholic or a drunk. In moderation or a small n** of wine on a special day won't put you into ruin.

And I did see that article via BBC on the drink a day can raise a woman's cancer risk, and I just remind myself of the egg argument still going on on how they are bad or good. I stopped paying attention to those reports, it just points out how paranoid we are when it comes ot foods and our bodies. A little too paranoid. I'll keep drinking my wine and if I get cancer, I do. I'm already high risk anyway.  

Ricette

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 am
Ricette
I doubt he went and got smashed every weekend.

rofl rofl Jesus the party boy!

Also, lmao...EVERYthing causes cancer...so I really don't think a woman drinking can really make much of a difference. whee  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff