View Results

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:18 pm

I've been struggling with Masturbation for a while now and have kept it closed up inside (until now).
I've found that I rely on it for stress relief when I logically know I shouldn't because it always causes more stress.

I ask that you would pray that God would take away my stress and that I would walk away from the temptation whenever it presents itself to me.
I know that I can do anything with his strength and I ask that I would have the strength to do the difficult thing.

Grazie.

Just Listen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 am
No.
No you know what; I won't pray that you stop diddling yourself.
Because you're a teenager, and guess what?
Teenagers masturbate (more often than not).

I'm assuming you're male.
You do realize that one of the leading causes of Hemospermia is prolonged abstinence from any form of sexual pleasure?
Which means that you're going to force yourself not to cut loose and jerk it for a good long while, and when you finally cave you're going to ejaculate blood.

I mean, I can't imagine that this is a serious post.
But hey, if you want to sexually repress yourself, potentially damage your reproductive organs, and become a serial rapist in the future, by all means go right ahead, just stay away from me and my kids.

EDIT:
Kid, there are people that never masturbate because they never feel the urge to. They're okay. You aren't one of them though.
It doesn't say ANYWHERE in the New Testament that you shouldn't, and the Old Testament had the Song of Solomon, which glorified sexual conquest with your loved ones and yourself. It isn't in you religion as it is on paper that you shouldn't, it's just in the culture that surrounds it.
You can physically damage yourself, and your psyche doing what you want to do. I came off as a d**k before but I didn't think you were being serious.

Kid, God doesn't care if you enjoy the gift that he gave you (your body), but I bet he cares enough about you as a person and one of his children to not want you to put yourself under the stress of worrying about it.

He's an all loving being who just wants you to be happy on his world that he made for you, do you honestly think that deep down in your heart it will bother him (or her)?  

Xahmen

SWFTWLF

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:17 pm
If you're a guy, there's really nothing you can do to stop now.

If you're a girl, why would you stop?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm
It's funny because the poll question isn't a question.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Uhh, I'm a girl.
And one, I feel convicted and guilty every time I do it. That is enough to convince me that God is on my conscience and that he is putting those feelings there to get me to stop.
And two, it's disgusting.
And three, every one sins (more often than not). That still doesn't make it right. Social norm is not an excuse.
I'll be praying for you all.

Just Listen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:58 pm
Azarahael Morganti

Uhh, I'm a girl.
And one, I feel convicted and guilty every time I do it. That is enough to convince me that God is on my conscience and that he is putting those feelings there to get me to stop.
And three, every one sins (more often than not). That still doesn't make it right. Social norm is not an excuse.

Just Listen.

Okay, so you're a girl, good to know.
I guess hemospermia is out of the equation.

Are you familiar with the concept of Nature vs. Nurture?
I'm probably going to take this to PMs so I can get a form of actual conversation out of you.  

Xahmen

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 pm
Azarahael Morganti

Uhh, I'm a girl.

Just Listen.

You can't think it's THAT disgusting, if you're doing it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:50 pm
sheheartsthings
Azarahael Morganti

Uhh, I'm a girl.

Just Listen.

You can't think it's THAT disgusting, if you're doing it.

It's a sort of in the moment/out of the moment thing. Leading up to it, there seems to be nothing I'd want more. After, when I have a clear head, I can't believe that I've succumbed to it again.

Just Listen.

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 pm
Lady, I think everybody is like that.
I usually stop and go "Man I just wasted an hour of my life"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

I think that to be a good vehicle for God to use for His true and good purposes, I should set a good example.
And, to set a good example, I feel masturbation should be out of the equation.

Anyway. For those that care, 3 almost 4 days clean. It's a struggle. It is such a struggle. Please continue to pray for me.
<3

Just Listen.

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Bufinator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 pm
There is a campaign going around that says:

"God probably doesn't exist. Stop worrying so much and enjoy life."

Now, by all means I'm NOT going against your beliefs. My point is that you should do a little more for yourself instead of working so much for Him. Remember that God loves us all equally, and as long as you repent for what you did, He will forgive you.

Lemme put it this way. Whenever you're having a rough day when you just feel the need to rub-a-dub-dub, talk to God before you do it. He'll understand and give you permission (even though it may go against what He has stated, but I don't really see it that way). After you do it, repent if you want to, and He will understand and forgive you.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 pm
Azarahael Morganti

I think that to be a good vehicle for God to use for His true and good purposes, I should set a good example.

Anyway. For those that care, 3 almost 4 days clean. It's a struggle. It is such a struggle. Please continue to pray for me.
<3

Just Listen.

It's only going to get worse.
Listen lady, have you tried talking to a preacher or minister or whatever a holy man is called in your particular sect?
Any holy man who tells you that God will be angry with you for satiating the hormonal drive that HE Himself put there is an a*****e.  

Xahmen

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:50 pm
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti

<3

Just Listen.

Listen lady, have you tried talking to a preacher or minister or whatever a holy man is called in your particular sect?
Any holy man who tells you that God will be angry with you for satiating the hormonal drive that HE Himself put there is an a*****e.

Mankind put the inappropriate urge there when Eve and Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden.

Just Listen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 pm
Azarahael Morganti
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti

<3

Just Listen.

Mankind put the inappropriate urge there when Eve and Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden.

Just Listen.

Didn't Jesus die to absolve humanity of that sin?  

Xahmen

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 pm
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti
Zahwomen
Azarahael Morganti

<3

Just Listen.

Just Listen.

Didn't Jesus die to absolve humanity of that sin?

Jesus died to save His people from all sins. Doesn't it make it okay to sin while we're still alive.

What if people have the urge to rape? It could be hormonal as well. Are you gonna say it's ok?

And it is written that if you even think of a woman lustfully you are committing adultery. It's the state of mind that's the main issue. The act of ejaculating per se is not wrong, in the same way nocturnal emissions are not morally wrong. I have yet to meet someone who can masturbate with pure thoughts, so it is right to not do it at all.  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff