Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Role-Play Information ]: ~ Basic RP Info & RP/Plot Requests
:[ Powers Registry ]: ~ CLOSED for remodeling Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am
Please be sure to read over everything, as the rules have been tweaked.

Welcome to Telrunya's Power Registry.

Powers have long since been a topic of discussion, change and even drama. In an effort to eliminate the drama and wait times, we've decided to implement a new system. It should be easier on everyone!

For the Player:
We are putting powers back into your hands, mostly! What this means is all players who actively RP their Pae'il will get to choose the powers their Pae'il will possess, from the appropriate Power Class chosen by the dice. However, you must follow the rules in order to have the power you choose be an official Guardian-granted Power.

For the Pae'il
:
Your power is still bestowed to you by the Guardians, via a special method described in the following post. (Determined by the category you choose.)

Rules:
1. Fill out a post, with your pae's name, and roll an 8-sided dice.
2. Edit the post and fill out the Form with a power you chose from the rolled Power Class. This will be your Pae's official entry in the Telrunya Registry.
3. The power will not be official until approved by a staff member. It will be marked on your application post.
4. Powers do NOT need to be 100% original. They are allowed to overlap. However, do not directly copy anyone's power.
5. Do NOT cry, whine, complain or bring the drama llamas if another player registered your power before you. Pae lose powers when they are inactive, remember that.
6. Try to be original. Elemental powers (like water, fire, etc.) can overlap, but try to be creative.
7. Once approved, you cannot change your Pae'il's power, so make sure its one you are sure you want to stick with.
8. Staff can, at their discretion, reward RP with new, unique and additional powers for Pae'il, or in rare cases, change any Pae's power if we feel its being abused, or overplayed or ripping on someone else's.
9. No discussion in this thread. It is for the posting of forms only. If you have questions, ask in the main thread, or PM Guardian_Iris.

F.A.Q.
What about Pae'il with powers already?
Fill out the form, so that the information will still be contained in the registry. The Registry's purpose is to keep track of all powers. If its not in the registry, you pae does not have that power.

What about Elders?
If your Elder is active, no need to Register. Elders will be handled in a different thread.
If your Elder went inactive and lost their power due to inactivity, you will need to register a new power. PM Guardian_Iris if you are unsure if your Elder has a power or not. Do not reply to this thread to ask.

~~~

If you have questions, comments or concerns, please post them in this thread: Powers Discussion  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:27 am
Quote:
1. Paragon
So you want your Pae'il to be a superhero? or supervillan? Or just have their powers? Well then, this is the category for you! A Paragon Pae is one that is specially blessed with enhanced physical or mental abilities. You want a minder reader? A pae faster than a speeding bullet? You are definitely in the right place.

Powers will include anything that enhances a physical or mental ability such as super-hearing, telekinesis, or even singing to sooth the savage beast!
Weaknesses will be completely dependent on the specific power you choose. Pae'il in this category are limited to only Two super abilities, as long as they relate to each other. Abilities are also limited. You cannot run like a cheetah for 7 days straight. If you run fast, you will fatigue fast too.

Pae'il that have been chosen to become Paragons will one day in their youth be delivered a small beaker filled with a fluorescent green, viscous liquid. There will be a small card on the beaker with the simple note, "Drink me." (the liquid can taste or smell however you want it to.)

Please Note: Paragons are not really superheros or supervillians. They just have enhanced abilities. Superheroes and Supervillians would be a bit overpowered. wink Remember, not all powers will come on suddenly, or work perfectly. Some might even be painful, or downright silly!

Quote:

2. Redeemer
Redeemer Pae'il are the Healers and Light Benders. They believe in the power of light, and all its properties. Holy and Light powers work much like any other element, except the light provides healing as well.

Powers include anything that deals with Holy, Light or Healing.
Weaknesses would include anything dealing with darkness, evil, or Soul Binders.

Pae'il that have been blessed with a Redeemer power will receive a scroll, very elegantly written, with gold ink and signed by the Guardians themselves.

Please Note: These pae'il are not all goody-two-shoes. Their can be 'black sheep' among them.
Holy is defined as a type of magic. It has nothing to do with being religious.
This category is for all Healing powers, any powers that deal with Light, and any powers that deal with Holy magic.

Quote:
3. Soul Binder
Soul Binder Pae are witch doctors, warlocks and demonic summoners. They are not all evil, but they do not follow The Guardians' teachings at all, despite their power having been bestowed by them.
Soul Binders are the Pae'il that are good with potions, hexes, curse and they also have the ability to summon demons, or even transform into one, if that is the power they've been granted.

Powers can include anything that deals with chaos, potions, hexes, demons, corruption or similar things.
Weaknesses can include anything that deals with Redeemers, Light or Holy magics.

Pae'il that have been cursed to become a Soul Binder will be fated to stumble upon a black stone with a single rune etched upon its surface. This runestone is not a symbol of their power, nor is it a source for it. It is merely their message from Guardian Strafe.
Soul Binders must learn and discover their power. They are not suddenly blessed with the knowledge of how to use their craft.

Please Note: These pae'il are not all evil. Sometimes, a good pae'il is just chosen to deal with the darker magics.

Quote:
4. Mastermind
Masterminds are the creators and tinkerers, and have the most brilliant minds among the Pae'il. They're technologically savvy, number crunchers, and simply too smart for their own good. Wether its creating new gadgets, defusing their own bombs or simply lubing an axel for their wagon, these Pae'il are simply amazing.

Powers can include being a scientist, grease monkey, or simple tinkerer.
Weaknesses will include anything that deals directly with magic. Masterminds use logic and science, not the silly notion of magic, to get the job done. Oftentimes, a Mastermind can be found trying to make logical sense out of magical happenstance.

Pae'il that have been chosen to be the Masterminds of the island will be fated to find a special book when they are children. This book will unlock their power the moment they read it, while simultaneously stunting their magic ability.

Please Note: Telrunya is an island BASED on magic, so a Mastermind will be an extra challenge, but lots of fun. Masterminds will have an innate knowledge for crafting and creating, as well as increased learning capacity They're scientific minded and logical thinkers. As they grow, so does the capacity for what they're capable of. All Masterminds will have the same weakness: they cannot use magic. Also, no creation is foolproof. (the only exception to this are the Faerie and Miakis Pae'il. They'll be able to use magic in a limited capacity, as they're made of magic.)

Quote:
5. Wild Soul
Is your Pae'il an animal at heart? Or just simply too wild to handle? Maybe you're Pae'il has a Wild Soul. Wild Soul Pae'il are the ones with a deep connection to nature. Wether its to the cute lil bunnies, wild wolves, or even the jungle vines, these Pae are all connected somehow to a specific Soul.

By choosing this category, you are choosing a specific animal or plant that your Pae'il will forever be bonded to.
You have a choice for how this bond works:
- 1. The Wild Soul merges with your Pae'il and they take on the abilities and characteristics of your chosen animal or plant. (or bug)
- 2. The Wild Soul becomes a guardian, a friend, or mentor to your pae'il, remaining at their side forever. The Wild Soul will grant special abilities based on their bond. Your Wild Soul Companion will have an almost human-like intellect. (if your pae'il makes elder, your pae's Wild Soul will be included in their Elder stage art)

When your pae'il is but a small child, they will be visited by their Wild Soul, where the bond will be created. The form in which the Wild Soul visits your Pae depends on the bond. For 1, the Wild Soul will be in spirit form. For 2, it will be corporeal animal form.

Please Note: You can only choose one: becoming the animal/plant, or having the eternal companion/guardian. If possible, please choose an animal, plant or bug that has not been chosen. I don't want to see a dozen wild wolves running around the island.

Quote:
6. Stormspike
A Stormspike Pae'il is a conduit for the elements. Unleashing tidal waves, flinging fireballs, or stealthing through the shadows is all in a days work for a Stormspike.

When choosing a power for this category, make sure it fits into one of the elements; Water, Air, Fire, Earth(rock), Poisons, Shadow, Lightning, Metal and Ice. Each Elemental will have another that will be its weakness, and one that will be its strength. No element trumps all others.
You may choose 2-3 minor abilities based on one element.

Water > Fire > Air > Earth > Ice
/
........................................./
Poison< Shadow
When a Pae'il is a child, he or she will be fated to find a small lead box. Contained within this box is a small piece of a pure elemental. When the pae'il touches it, he or she will have the rune representing that element suddenly branded on the palm of their hand. This brand will become the focusing point of their power.

Please Note: This is a very broad category. Don't be greedy or over-power your pae'il or the form will be denied. There are LOTS of different abilities within each element you can choose. And like a few of the other categories, these pae are not suddenly gifted with the knowledge to use their abilities. They must discover it, and how to control it.

Quote:
7. Shapeshifter
Have you always wanted a Pae'il that could transform at will into a toaster!? Or what about change that rock into a fluffy pillow? Yeah? Then THIS is the category for you. Shapeshifting Pae'il can either shift their own body, or transform other things, into pretty much anything, except animals.

Abilities can include transmogrification (you want to turn that goblet into pencil?) shifting themselves into a multitude of items, or even shifting other pae'il into other things!
Weaknesses will be dependent on the items you choose your pae'il can shift. Pae'il cannot shift to look like other Pae, nor can they alter their voice to sound like another one. (that's a Paragon's job, silly!) They also cannot change themselves, or objects into other living creatures.

Shapeshifters, when they're children are given a special present from the Potion Master, on behalf of the Guardians. They receive a small box with one Kalandandra's Metamorphosing Multi-tasting Energizing Jelly Bean. This special sweet treat changes colors, and is a different flavor with each bite down. This treat grants the Pae'il their shapeshifting ability.

Please Note: Like Paragons, their ability will not be perfect the moment they swallow their Jelly Bean.
When choosing a power for this category, please specify the item(s) your pae'il will shift. This ability is limited to 2-3 items, provided they relate to each other. Transformations also do not last forever.

Quote:
8. Planeswalker
Planeswalkers are the travelers among Pae'il. They have many magical methods of getting from point A, to point B. Sometimes even, Planeswalker can move objects just the same as others move themselves. This ability works similar to that of teleporting, phasing or any other method of travel.

Abilities can include teleporting via puddles, mirrors or portals, or being able to move objects in the same fashion.
Weaknesses will be determined on the method of transportation you choose.

When your Pae'il is a child, they will be visited by a small faerie. This faerie will give to them a small silver satchel. Inside this satchel will be 2 tiny items representing your chosen teleportation method.

Please Note: When choosing a power for this category, you are choosing the special method in which your pae'il moves himself, or objects. For example, if you chose mirrors, that is the only way your pae'il can teleport.
There are limitations to the locations, for plot protection purposes. Pae'il cannot enter "sacred ground" (any temple) using their teleportation method. They also cannot enter any faerie dwelling, or faerie created building. (the City, Potions Master's house, etc.)
Respect other Pae'il's privacy, unless the other player agrees to it.

All existing Pae'il's powers should fit into one of these categories.  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 am
Registry Entry Form

[b]Pae'il Name[/b]:
[b]Owner Name[/b]:
[b]Power Category[/b]:
[b]Chosen Ability[/b]:

[i]"With great power, comes great responsibility."[/i]
[b]
What are your plans for this ability?[/b]

[b]What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability?[/b]

[b]Do you agree to the following[/b]:
[i]- My Pae'il will not godmod (control the thoughts or actions of another Pae'il without consent of the other player)
- I will not power-play. (Meaning, your pae is not the strongest of them all with no weakness)
- I will play fair.
[b]- To the best of my knowledge, this is a creative and unique ability.[/b]
- Staff is allowed to revoke my Pae's power if I abuse it.
- Staff is allowed to grant additional powers if I play by the rules.
- The rules regarding powers are subject to change.[/i]

Yes/No

Quote:
Sample completed form:

Pae'il Name: Joi
Owner Name: Antidia
Power Category: Paragon
Chosen Ability: Babelfish

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

What are your plans for this ability?

I want Joi to always understand everyone she talks to, even when she doesn't know they're speaking a different language.

What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability? She only understands what she hears. She doesn't know she's hearing a different language, and will reply with the modern, common Pae language.

Do you agree to the following:
- My Pae'il will not godmod (control the thoughts or actions of another Pae'il without consent of the other player)
- I will not power-play. (Meaning, your pae is not the strongest of them all with no weakness)
- I will play fair.
- To the best of my knowledge, this is a creative and unique ability.
- The rules regarding powers are subject to change.

Yes

Remember to completely fill out the form.

When deciding on the power, please keep this in mind:
  • A weakness is there to balance the power.
  • A power weakness is NOT a character flaw.
  • Learning the ability is NOT a power weakness.
  • Be as original as you can. We will not approve any power that is too similar to another pae's power. It's your job to be creative and not step on your fellow players' toes.
  • Weaknesses do not need to be unique. Only the powers themselves.

Examples of GOOD weakness:
  • If you cast fire, then ice would be the power's weakness.
  • If you travel through puddles (planeswalker) then maybe you can't if the water is frozen.
  • If you are a wild soul and can transform into a cat, then you'd have all weaknesses a cat would have: aversion to dogs, fear of water, etc.
  • Your Pae's power is very draining. They can't do it again until they've rested and regained energy.
  • Headaches for Psychic-related powers.

Examples of BAD weaknesses:
  • Learning how to read schematics. This is not a weakness, its an obstacle. Pae'il are EXPECTED to overcome obstacles. Power Weaknesses need to be permanent.
  • Fireball-flinging pae's haughty attitude towards the icestorm creating pae. This would be a character flaw, not a power weakness.
  • Demon-summoning pae has to learn how to read the summoning runes. Once again, this is an obstacle. Of course the pae would need to learn to read the runes. A good weakness for this would be perhaps once the demon is summoned, it can't be controlled right away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am
Pae'il Name: Apollo
Owner Name: immortalmina
Power Category: Redeemer
Chosen Ability: Creates Light

Creating Light means that Apollo can create light any way you chose to RP, and only he is able to extinguish this light. Not even his father, Eclipse, has the potential to extinguish this child's light. By saying he can use this light in any form, it means he can 'solidify' it, or make the light an actual object. (ie, light saber, or a bridge over watetr)

What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability?

He glows no matter what and can't turn it off. Which means it can keep him and others up at night. He also likes to stay with his father to try and keep his father's darkness at bay, which has been hard for Apollo to meet and be with others.

- My Pae'il will not godmod (control the thoughts or actions of another Pae'il without consent of the other player)
- I will play fair.

Yes

((Also, all of my powers are old powers. Either given out to them or chosen by me long long ago. If they are in wrong categories please help me put them in the right one. Thanks.))
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

immortalmina

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 am
Pae'il Name: Esmèe
Owner Name: Seiana_ZI
Power Category: Shapeshifter
Chosen Ability: Esmèe will be able to morph her body into rubber as a method of transport.

Esmèe has been granted the ability to change herself into rubber. This ability allows her to bounce from place to place. This can make it easier to transport, and by her bounces, she can reach higher and higher.
What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability? When rubber, she can no longer walk, only bounce. She can also not pick up any items she can reach in this form; she must knock them down or push them in some manner.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

-----

Pae'il Name: Aysu
Power Category: Planeswalker
Chosen Ability: Aysu has been granted a magical bag by the guardians which she can obtain any item from.

Aysu may reach into her magical bag and pull out any item of her choice.

What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability? Aysu does not have any particular choice where she gets this item from. If she is specific enough about her thoughts, perhaps the bag will cooperate. (ex: "I want the items Criofan stole from that poor old lady.") However, if not, the item she gains may be a stolen item or a lesser version of what she actually wanted. In a case where she is trying to obtain an ancient and/or powerful artifact, the bag will probably not give her what she wants.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

-----

Pae'il Name: Criofan O’Kane
Chosen Ability: Criofan will always have uncanny luck.

Leprechauns in Celtic mythology and legend were always known for their uncanny ability to manipulate and escape situations. In this same way, it has become oddly easy for Criofan to worm himself out of these situations with what seems to be sheer luck and perhaps a little wit.

What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability? Besides for wit and luck, Criofan is mostly defenseless. In actual combat, the only thing he is particularly good at is finding a good reason to run. Leprechauns were never known for combat, and neither is Criofan.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

-----

Pae'il Name: Texas Pete
Chosen Ability: Texas will have a calming effect on those who are not in a calm state.

Texas has been described as akin to a summer breeze; that is, he is calm, relaxed, and down to earth. He shall have this same peaceful effect on others when panicked, angered, or upset by focusing his mind and magic on those in conflict.

What are the major weaknesses your pae'il will face when using this ability? This ability requires concentration and focus. If Texas Pete's focus is broken, whether by doing something else, thinking of something else, or being bothered by someone else, this ability shall have no effect. His ability can also not be used on massive amounts of people. Texas can only focus on up to three or four humanoids at a time, at a draining price. Finally, there's no way for him to stop the other humanoid from becoming upset again after they are calmed without attempting his ability again.

- I will play fair.

Yes

-----

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 am
Pae'il Name: Eclipse
Power Category: Soul Binder
Chosen Ability: To create darkness and eclipses.

He will have the power of darkness. Everywhere he goes he sucks the light out of the place. He does it without knowing, which scares him. Also he can cause solar and lunar eclipses. If he loses the staff the darkness will take him over. The darkness being his other self Apocalypse. If this happens his personality will be very different. His "tattoos" will become black. The tattoos are there to help seal in Apocalypse along with the staff.

As stated he has to have his staff on him at all times. This can be hard when sleeping, eating, swimming and other daily activities. He also doesn't like to be around others because the darkness takes their light away. He can see in the dark, but knows others can't.

- I will play fair.

Yes
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

immortalmina

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 am
Pae'il Name: Tiki Jim
Power Category: Planswalker
Chosen Ability: Bubble Phase

Bubble Phase means that he will be able to phase through any object, just like his mother, however, he can only do it if he's in the safety of a bubble that he can like his father.

He cant' hold onto the bubble for very long at a time. There is also no air inside the bubble if he takes someone else with him.

- I will play fair.

Yes
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:53 am
Pae'il Name: Hula Bob
Power Category: Stormspike
Chosen Ability: Fireworks

Hula Bob can create fireworks. Be them pretty in the sky, messages or even weapons if he needs them.

He has never needed to use them as weapons and more then likely won't which means they might not even become strong enough for that since he hasn't had practice.

Can't use underwater or with water.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

however, a possible suggestion for a weakness would be perhaps he can't use them while wet? Since logically water trumps fire

edit: Takes note and added. -Mina  

immortalmina

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 am
Pae'il Name: Jet
Chosen Ability: Sonar and Sonic Blasts

Jet can use sonar to "see". His sonar is a chirp that bounces back to him. If he works it right the chirp can become louder to cause sonic blasts.

Due to his power or his power is because of this, he is blind. He needs his sonar or he can't see.

- I will play fair.

Yes
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 am
Pae'il Name: Luau LuLu
Power Category: Planswalker
Chosen Ability: Ghosting

She can walk through walls and things, take objects and people with her in a phase.

Phasing wears her out. She cant' do it for too long. Also, sometimes she phases in her sleep. She can't phase through marble.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

Question~ is there any substance she can't phase through? perhaps that can be a weakness? Sorta like lead to superman, or silver to vampires.

edit: Oh, well how about Ice. Thick ice made by the mountains or a Pae? -Mina

editedit: Added the weakness of Marble.
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia

immortalmina

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 am
Pae'il Name: Zoe
Power Category: Stromspike
Chosen Ability: Mist

Mist means that Zoe will have the ability to control mist in all its forms. She can create mist to distract, to hide, to protect. Along with this, she will have some minor control over fresh water as well.

She sometimes cant' control it. If she is feeling very emotional mist happens without her meaning to.

- I will play fair.

Yes

Quote:

User Image
- Antidia
Reminder: control of fresh water would be considered a 2nd power, and there is a pae with that ability.

Edit: this was the exact power given by Iris...I just posted what it had read from my journal. The weakness was me. -Mina  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:11 am
Pae'il Name: Wakiki KiKi
Chosen Ability: Wave Shaper

Wave Shaper means that Waikiki Kiki will be able to shape waves as she wishes, but otherwise be unable to control them, nor create them.

She has to find a wave to shape it. This also means that whatever the size of the wave will determined the size of the shape she makes it into.

- I will play fair.

Yes
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia
this is a whimsical ability. Feel free to expand on it, if you'd like.

immortalmina

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am
Pae'il Name: Rain
Chosen Ability: Rainbow maker

He can create rainbows. They can be big or small. He can also make rainbow objects such as slides and jewelery.

His rainbows do not have a long shelf life. Though, if he really tries and has a good reason they can last.

- I will play fair.

Yes

((Was unsure if this was Redeemer or Stormspike as Rainbows take water and light.))
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia
Redeemer works since its manipulating the light, not the water. wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 am
Pae'il Name: Pinky Lee
Power Category: Wild Soul
Chosen Ability: Voices of Reason

Voices of Reason means that whenever Pinky is unsure of what choice to make, a good shoulder flamingo and a bad shoulder flamingo appear to help her reason it out.

The flamingos can help her if she knows which one to listen too. Pinky has no memory, but the voices do. Still, they are of their own good and evil minds which means they do what they want. No one else can see them but her which means when she talks to them people think she is talking to herself. Also she doesn't notice no one else sees them.

- I will play fair.

Yes
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia
This is clever. I love it. xd

immortalmina

immortalmina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 am
Pae'il Name: Coral
Chosen Ability: Joy Buzzer

Joy Buzzer means that Coral can generate small amounts of electricity into her palms. She gets the electricity for the air or water around her like a clown fish.

She can't always control how much electricity will be in the charge.
- I will play fair.

Yes

((Unsure if this is Stormspike as it's electricity or Wild Soul as it has to do with Clown Fish))
Quote:

User Image
- Antidia
Stormspike's correct. smile

:[ Role-Play Information ]: ~ Basic RP Info & RP/Plot Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items