Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Broken Wii? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 pm
I've had my Wii for almost two years now. Plain and simple, it's just not turning on. I plugged it into many different electrical sockets, and my Wii won't respond. No noises, and no green/orange light on the power button. I treat my Wii well, so it has to be an internal problem; nothing that I caused.

...Is my battery dead? Is there something wrong with my power plug (that connects the Wii to the socket)?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:20 pm
Leave it unplugged for at least seven minutes and plug it back in.  

Waynebrizzle

Mecca_Fish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 pm
Almost two years? How long has the Wii been out again?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:33 pm
Mecca_Fish
2006? I think? I dunno. I didn't get mine till 2008. sweatdrop

I hope you can get yours fixed; I'm in the same boat with mine.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:33 pm
Waynebrizzle

I tried, and still no luck. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Mecca_Fish
2006? I think? I dunno. I didn't get mine till 2008. sweatdrop

I hope you can get yours fixed; I'm in the same boat with mine.

I'm pretty sure that the Wii came out in November of 2006. I got mine in July of 2007.

...And yeah, thanks for the support, Zeph. I hope we can both get ours' fixed. cry  

Dude-LAP

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Huh. It works for me. Sometimes it gets messed up when the power goes out and you have to reset it or whatever by doing that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Huh. It works for me. Sometimes it gets messed up when the power goes out and you have to reset it or whatever by doing that.

Well I think some people had problems when they couldn't turn it on. But I'm sure that when plugged in, the Wii should have an orange or red light in that small lens on the power button. I plugged mine in, and it still doesn't have a light on that button.  

Dude-LAP

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Well I think some people had problems when they couldn't turn it on. But I'm sure that when plugged in, the Wii should have an orange or red light in that small lens on the power button. I plugged mine in, and it still doesn't have a light on that button.

Yeah, when it happens to mine the LED doesn't come on. So if unplugging it for a few minutes didn't work then I don't think I can help.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 pm
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

This happened to me once. I left it unplugged for a few days, giving it up for broken, and then it worked again.

Do you unplug your console from the wall or the console first? The people at Nintendo Tech Support told me you're supposed to take the console end out first. confused  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

This happened to me once. I left it unplugged for a few days, giving it up for broken, and then it worked again.

Do you unplug your console from the wall or the console first? The people at Nintendo Tech Support told me you're supposed to take the console end out first. confused

I always do it from the wall. I really doubt it hurts anything. Besides, it's pretty much a habit now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Yeah, when it happens to mine the LED doesn't come on. So if unplugging it for a few minutes didn't work then I don't think I can help.

Well this happened to me last night, and I only left it unplugged for only 10 minutes. It's been plugged in ever since I last tried it. So now, I guess I'll leave it unplugged for an entire day, and then try later.

Thanks for your insight. Hopefully I can get something along the lines of what you said to work. wink  

Dude-LAP

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

Well this happened to me last night, and I only left it unplugged for only 10 minutes. It's been plugged in ever since I last tried it. So now, I guess I'll leave it unplugged for an entire day, and then try later.

Thanks for your insight. Hopefully I can get something along the lines of what you said to work. wink

Did this happen after you lost power or anything like that?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

I don't think so. Because I remember playing it like a few hours before. And I turned it off properly, by going to the home screen, and pressing the power button on my Wii remote.  

Dude-LAP

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle
Dude-LAP
Waynebrizzle

I don't think so. Because I remember playing it like a few hours before. And I turned it off properly, by going to the home screen, and pressing the power button on my Wii remote.

It could be your power cord. I find Nintendo's accessories tend to fry. Do you have a friend whose power cord you could borrow? If that's the problem, it should only cost like ten bucks to get a replacement.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff