Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
What's your favorite Verse of the Bible?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BriannaSuperHero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:27 pm
User Image

Share moving verses that have helped you through tough times
or ones that are uplifiting.

"Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through christ who strengthens me"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm
I have so many favorites ^.^ I'm glad you didn't limit it to just one verse lol.

Genesis 3:9-11 "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. 11And He said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"

I like verses like this because they provide us insight into God's personal character. We all know that God KNEW where adam was and what he had done. He interacts with Man in such a loving and caring way. He speaks to us like a father instead of just raining down lightning bolts on adam and eve as soon as they had done wrong. I'll post more favorites later ^.^  

Scazarith

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 pm
I have one.

The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

Jeremiah 17-9.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:25 pm
Daniel 3:16-18

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

Vaeltaja

Scazarith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were so faithful weren't they? I love that story. God takes care of His people. Praise God.

Another instance in which God shows how He is our father, and shows his mercy. I love this next one, also in Genesis.

Cain had just killed Abel - Genesis 4:9-10 "And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: am I my brother's keeper?
10And He said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to recieve thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yeild unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt tou be in the earth.
13And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

This is so amazing. Once again in verse nine and ten, God didn't have to ask these questions - He already knew. But think of how our parents might be. If we break something, our parents pretty much already know it was one of us, because it wasn't them. So even though they already know they ask anyway "Hey what happened here?" or "did you do this?"; because they want to hear what we have to say.

Verse ten always breaks my heart. ;.;

Now see this. When Cain finds out that he's in trouble and is cast out he becomes afraid. He knows that people will try to kill him for what he's done. But even though God could've let him be killed, or killed Cain Himself, God had mercy on him and protected him from anyone that might try to kill him.
This kind of mercy is just amazing. God is so good.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:41 pm
"Let justice roll on like a river!
Righteousness like a never-failing stream!" - Amos 5:24

Just one of my many favorites.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 pm
"For God so loved man, he gave us penguins."
-John 3.14
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 pm
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezequiel 25:17

And then I blasted the fool.  

Bufinator

Scazarith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:31 pm
It would be nice if ya'll would be serious and not falsely quote the bible.

That last one really sounded like a quote from pulp fiction.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:54 am
Scazarith
It would be nice if ya'll would be serious and not falsely quote the bible.

That last one really sounded like a quote from pulp fiction.
It'd be nice if you possessed a sense of humour dearie. wink  

Ricette

Bufinator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 am
"And I am the Lord, and you've been pwned."

Pwnage 13:37  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:51 am
What do you have against penguins?  

Xahmen

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff